Poll: Will you unsub WoW with ilvl scaling?

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Am I the only one who still havent even noticed any difference on this? On any of my chars even
    Ppl are starting to unsub wtf seriously what is wrong with the community today
    Had no one mentioned it, I would of never noticed period. My brewmaster was killing shit at the same pace it was before the patch and the only "problem" I had was with potionmaster gloop. I'd say whatever the scaling issue was it must of been fixed because I took my 880 ele shaman in this morning and was absolutely destroying shit left right and center and that thing has a really shitty trinket, no tier sets and bad relics.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is adding even more tedious game play on top of an expansion filled with time gates, grinds and rng better and an improvement? Why are people letting blizzard off the hook for again making the power creep too severe? How about an expansion built on artifacts, which are supposed to be powerful enough to stop the Burning Legion are now weaker against boars? There are many reasons this is a turn off.
    I'll be honest and say I never really noticed the change until i saw the Nerf to said scaling on Mmo-champ. I honestly think its a psychological thing, as I said I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that didn't notice this scaling until the nerf was announced, arguably I haven't done anything on a char < 895 ilvl as of yet so don't know if scaling will be more noticeable at that level but...either way, this tiny change would never be enough to make me unsub.

let's all have a parade

I was shocked when I was looking through that thread on US forums, some mages were claiming that they were annihilated by mobs, and here I'm on my mage roflstomping everything, killing 8+ mobs at once, and I'm frost, my AoE sucks, elites like something-something-bird Matriarch are no prob T_T Clearly, ilvl scaling is a scapegoat for many on the forums atm

However, I do not like this change, not because it affects me, but because I don't like where things may go later, I don't like uncapped mandatory world scaling in general. Moreover, I don't like this fix in particular, because it's a band-aid fix. Blizz need to rework gear acquisition and itemisation in WoW, right now things are out of control, we gain power way too fast, even they said it few times during Q&As.

I won't unsub, as I said, I'm not affected by this change, however, if things become worse with the next expansion, I'll consider quitting, no biggie.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-31 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    No I have been able to solo elite WQ for quite some time thanks to me grinding my gear. Now I cannot. Yes, a 44 million health mob is now 55 million health for me. I'm at 902 ilvl.
    stuff with 55 million health isn't intended to be soloed. it's called "Group content".

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    stuff with 55 million health isn't intended to be soloed. it's called "Group content".
    And since 2004 we have been able to build ourselves to the point where we can solo group content. I was at that point with this particular mob, and now I am not. That bothers me a lot, as it will eventually end up that everything will scale will ilvl removing a portion of the game that i find quite enjoyable. Being able to walk up to a mob and smash it even though a month ago I could not, is quite satisfying.

Deleted
    I still solo everything fast and easy, just takes second or two longer at best to kill things. My main still soloes those big healthpool elites anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not enough though.
    i am sorry, but if you are having trouble killing mobs after this change, you probably aren't a very good player to begin with. i didn't even notice the scaling change when it was implemented i was plowing through mobs so fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Lol this is a failure. That's cute. Did you not even read their explanation? Melee in tomb gear would probably just run around one shotting shit before casters even have a chance to get a 1.5 second cast off. Have fun with all the ranged dps unsubbing later if this change didn't go through.
    if you can't tab target and cast a 1.5 second cast spell in the time it takes me to travel to the next mob, i'm sorry, but that is not on melee, that is on the ranged.
    you never saw melee saying before faction tags "i can't tag mobs because ranged tag them before i can get to them".

stop with your whiny bullshit.

I am curious what kind of player is unable to solo mobs in the outside world.

Well looks like the op just let the mature thing to the fruits only

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    OP, you have failed this thread.
    green arrow reference?

Can there be a rule banning threads like these? Seriously, every time someone at Blizzard blows their nose, someone runs to the forums, 3rd party forums at that, to throw a fit about how they're quitting. It's also really funny that this thread was made today when they already reversed the scaling last night, so unsubbing today in protest achieved nothing.

I'm also in the crowd that saw zero difference when the scaling was in place. Possibly mobs took an extra second or two to kill, but not enough that I noticed it. Honestly I'd prefer if mobs did take slightly longer to kill because stuff dies so fast that you can be waiting around for something to spawn and miss the tag because someone else was half a second faster than you and they blew their CDs and one shot it. And that was the whole point of the scaling, to prevent mobs from instantly falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Didn't say anything about broken shore. Actually doing old world quest elites. 44 million health mob now 55 million health. With limited self healing I need them to die fast.

So I essentially got nerfed. But again. This isn't what actually upsets me. It's the principal of the design decision itself. Just another poor design this xpac. So I've had enough is what I'm saying.
    those aren't elites. those are rare elites. elites normally have 5-15 million health tops. and i can solo those with ease. you're thinking of rare elites. they are intended to be done as a group. that is why they have so much health.
    Last edited by AceofH; 2017-03-31 at 01:28 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    LMAO...OP brags of having a 905 Ilvl...and cannot kill mobs?

Seriously...the issue isn't level scaling (which isn't an issue anyways)...the issue is you.

I highly doubt you're quitting...you're just looking for attention...congrats on that...

People who actually quit just quit...they never announce it

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Am I the only one who still havent even noticed any difference on this? On any of my chars even
    Ppl are starting to unsub wtf seriously what is wrong with the community today
    Had I not seen it mentioned on MMOC I would have never noticed a difference. On rare elite mobs it's easy enough to find a group running them or share a tag with another group that it shouldn't even matter.

You won't delete your account, though. Filthy casual.

Really? Unsub because your gear doesn't invalidate outdoor content as fast as you'd like? I'm speechless, I haven't noticed a thing personally..

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Bye. No one cares
    this right here my man

Since I'm not a whiny scrub, no, I didn't unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the stupid things to unsub over...