Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next expansion will be dark prophet Zul

I don't think blizzard will want to dive us right into another world ending enemy expansion right after legion, with the zandalar being such a threat in Mists I think we're going to use a south seas expansion as a skipping stone to the inevitable maelstrom/old gods expansion, I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling that even blizzard as story tellers know jumping from 1 world ending even to the next would be a terrible idea. They defiantly don't have the writers they use to they're basically crap now, but this is story telling 101 with that being said too, It would be awkward to deal with Zul after old gods, considering they were a minor enemy in Mists no way you can make him seem bigger and badder after an old god expansion.

That would be great, after this expansion a troll expansion would be neat, as I wouldn't feel bad at all for skipping it .

See you in 2020 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That would be great, after this expansion a troll expansion would be neat, as I wouldn't feel bad at all for skipping it .

See you in 2020 then.
    Why does everyone hate trolls I love the Mayan/dinosaur mixture plus they are they oldest race (next to tauren and few others) of Azeroth but defineitly the first "civilized" societies that formed empeores their lore is super intersting, even if you don't think so it's better than more elf lore am I right? nightborne, highbore, blood elves, night elves, more like Imdone elves, now is the time of the gnome/tauren lore, get it cause neither race is fleshed out or ever expanded upon?

10+ Year Old Account
    An expansion of trolls sounds good, but it has to be mixed up with old gods tbh. Don't wanna go kill trolls for 2 years long :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    we do need to kill hak'kar again so sounds good
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    we do need to kill hak'kar again so sounds good
    to be honest with the ZG ending in Cata when we do get the zandalar expansion we will have to deal with him again, hate to be the downer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls and naga and ogres and pirates in zones. Light old God and Azshara themes. Final raid has us killing old god minions etc. Next one after that has us dealing with Azshara. Only shes the boss of the second tier, with a suprise Nzoth as final boss of third tier.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls get a free ticket onto every expansion except WoD, they don't need their own.

Though I do like how this idea kinda digs up the old Shadow Hunter/Azshara/Zul Expansion from last speculation cycle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Trolls get a free ticket onto every expansion except WoD, they don't need their own.

Though I do like how this idea kinda digs up the old Shadow Hunter/Azshara/Zul Expansion from last speculation cycle.
    So far it looks like it's 2 for 2 for expansions without trolls with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So far it looks like it's 2 for 2 for expansions without trolls with Legion.
    to be fair too, trolls and taurens, elves, and maybe or maybe not confirmed haven't read the chronicle but i have to assume panderan are not titan created either, especially deserve more lore than anyone else cause they were native to azeroth before the titans, all the other races we play are titan creations with curse of flesh. i know I just trashed elf lore, but that's cause there has been too much. those are the true defenders of azeroth in my humble opinion.

As a fan of the troll race I wouldn't mind a major focus on the bastards.

Also just realized that I believe there was something about Zandalar sinking because of the Cataclysm. Maybe they got a similar deal with N'Zoth to gain power for servitude, maybe not turning to naga, but could happen too, cuz gief Azshara/Old God expansion.

Either way, I just wanna smack some Zandalari trolls about. :P

We go to argus and take down Kil'jeaden! Then we go back to Azeroth to take care of a bunch of uppity trolls in a whole new xpac?

Where do i sign up?

As long as there is no AP system, no legendaries and way less RNG they can make it about whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    to be fair too, trolls and taurens, elves, and maybe or maybe not confirmed haven't read the chronicle but i have to assume panderan are not titan created either, especially deserve more lore than anyone else cause they were native to azeroth before the titans, all the other races we play are titan creations with curse of flesh. i know I just trashed elf lore, but that's cause there has been too much. those are the true defenders of azeroth in my humble opinion.
    I'm confused as to how what you said relates to what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zul is probably N'zoth in disguise, or an agent of him.

Blizzard seems to like shuffling their lore characters around, instead of creating new ones.

Having a genuine, self-guiding individual as a villain without any of the classic "burning legion influence" or "the old gods did it" influence seems something they aren't too keen on doing.

I actually think it'd be really cool to see a Zandalari prophet, free of any distinguishable corruption, who has taken the initiative to attempt to rebuild his people's empire by engaging in a sweeping crusade to spread the power of the trolls across the world and, in doing so, has ascended to a place of emperor among the trolls. In doing so we fight an enemy that isn't seeking our destruction because he's some chaotic evil monster, but because we're simply at odds with his goals. The expansion would be based on learning who this guy is, who his forces are, and what his thoughts and motives are specifically.

But, as I said, far more likely: n'zoth did it because evil squid monster
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    As long as there is no AP system, no legendaries and way less RNG they can make it about whatever they want.
    sounds absolutelly correct.

Well,tbh,the idea that Zandalari out of their desperation join forces with Old gods and naga isn't that bad idea...

Deleted
    If anything, I think they'll both be part of the same expansion, where dealing with the trolls is like a side thing that pops up as the second tier of the N'zoth expansion.

My dream is a South Seas expansion with N'Zoth, Azshara and the naga in Nazjatar, Bloodsail on Plunder Isle, Jaina and Kul Tiras, Kezan, and Rastakhan/Zul on Zandalar. It has variety and would fit in the natural progression of lore as we would be dealing with the last of the Old Gods and tying up other loose ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    Why does everyone hate trolls I love the Mayan/dinosaur mixture plus they are they oldest race (next to tauren and few others) of Azeroth but defineitly the first "civilized" societies that formed empeores their lore is super intersting, even if you don't think so it's better than more elf lore am I right? nightborne, highbore, blood elves, night elves, more like Imdone elves, now is the time of the gnome/tauren lore, get it cause neither race is fleshed out or ever expanded upon?
    Ew no. The second they start 'developing' gnomes I'm out of the alliance. Tauren got a whole zone in legion, so they're fine. Plus Magatha, the only interesting Tauren out there, is returning.

Trolls have been done to death now, the death of the zandalari should have been complete in ToT, Zul and his holdouts can be purged in a dungeon if necessary.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-03-31 at 06:42 AM.