Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I like chicks who give a shit how they look.
    this, overdoing is just as bad as doing nothing at all tho.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Yes i think so.. but make up is necessary for every girl..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Applying makeup is an option. It's not necessary. Unless you're referring to your personal preferences? Like, you won't date women who don't wear it?
    Most likely not tbh unless she's some natural wonder. I mean i as a guy also try to look nice when i go on a date (fix my hair, trim the beardface) so i kind of expect the other person to do the same. As i said before i don't like anything overdone but some basic mascara looks great on most women
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think men have been too conditioned to think it's mandatory for women to wear it. A woman can look nice and do the same as you do (fix hair, shave armpits/legs, etc). Makeup doesn't need to be part of that list to meet a mans expectations. If he doesn't like it... tough. Go find someone else.
    i personally don't care much for makeup.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I find it odd and pointless, but their choice in the end. So wear it, don't wear it, you'll still end up being the same person before hand. Or does donning makeup awaken some new personality? If so, cool.. and have you thought about fighting crime? No I can't remain serious for long on this topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're getting fooled. They just wear 'natural makeup'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    But as was mentioned, most women wear it for themselves. The opinions of others are largely irrelevant.
    This just smells like BS people tell themselves, why would you alter something you can rarely see and why do you not do it when you're at home alone? It's obviously done because people care about how others see them and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

You can always tell when you've encountered a gypsy women in town.

They must spend a metric shit-ton on makeup yearly. (and hair spray)

I'm somehow extremely attracted to beautiful woman who don't wear make-up. There is something unexplainably pure about them, so far all of whom I've had the pleasure to get to know where not only beautiful on the outside but beautiful on the inside as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    This just smells like BS people tell themselves, why would you alter something you can rarely see and why do you not do it when you're at home alone? It's obviously done because people care about how others see them and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
    Because people can't do something for themselves that might affect others' opinions? I don't shave my head because I think it looks stupid. Obviously, that carries over to how I think others would see me with a shaven head. But that doesn't change the fact that I do it because of what I think. If my girl told me she prefers bald men, I'd tell her to find a bald man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It is D: I didn't draw the luck card, as I need to put light makeup under my eyes, or I look sleep deprived 24/7. Nothing has helped that.
    Or you could accept your natural self. If the people around you truly cared about you, they wouldn't mind how you really looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Because people can't do something for themselves that might affect others' opinions? I don't shave my head because I think it looks stupid. Obviously, that carries over to how I think others would see me with a shaven head. But that doesn't change the fact that I do it because of what I think. If my girl told me she prefers bald men, I'd tell her to find a bald man.
    Not a good comparison, your shaved head isn't something you can turn on and off. Styling your hair would be better, do you style yours? If you do, do you do it when you're indoors alone?

My point is, that a temporary change in your outward look is done for the benefit of others. You can justify it by saying you do it because you think it looks better, but my contention is that you wouldn't care about whether it looked better or not if others weren't able to judge it.

At the most, maybe you'd do it as curiosity thing, but not a routinely done thing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a good comparison, your shaved head isn't something you can turn on and off. Styling your hair would be better, do you style yours? If you do, do you do it when you're indoors alone?

My point is, that a temporary change in your outward look is done for the benefit of others. You can justify it by saying you do it because you think it looks better, but my contention is that you wouldn't care about whether it looked better or not if others weren't able to judge it.

At the most, maybe you'd do it as curiosity thing, but not a routinely done thing.
    My point was that one can do something that affects what others think while still doing it primarily for oneself. As far as your example, yes, I style my hair every day. I do it because I like how it looks and I don't like how it looks when it's messed up. I do it regardless of whether I'm staying home or going out, the former being the most likely as I'm not fond of people in general. If a hundred people said, "I don't like your hair like that" I'd say, "Piss off" a hundred times because I just don't give a shit what others think. That's not to say that some people don't do it for the benefit of others, but for the most part people go with what they think looks good. Otherwise everyone would be inundated with others asking what they think of their hair, makeup, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Or you could accept your natural self. If the people around you truly cared about you, they wouldn't mind how you really looked.
    How about I happen to mind how I look?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Depends on how long I have to get ready in the morning, really. Sometimes I don't wear any, but my skin is acne-free and even toned so I don't look terrible. I do also keep my brows tidy so I don't look ratchet. But most days I'll wear a small amount of foundation, mostly for SPF, but also to just even out any redness. Sometimes I'll fill in my brows, maybe do a quick bit of mascara. When I do wear it, it isn't because I think I'm ugly without it. I honestly look about the same with the amount I put on day-to-day. I just like to wear it and make myself look a little more proper.

I probably do a FULL face of makeup (basically just adding eyeliner, maybe eyeshadow) once or twice a month. Probably only once; depends on if the husband and I go out somewhere. I like doing my makeup but I like to let my skin breathe so I usually go with less or next to none.3

Signature by Shyama!

Agree with you. Natural beauty is always appreciated then make up. Simplicity is always good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How about I happen to mind how I look?
    Remember - your desire to look a certain way must always come secondary to the man's desire that you look the way he wishes you to look.

Although I'm willing to bet you that he wouldn't be able to tell if you were wearing makeup in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priya-tan View Post
    but I like to let my skin breathe
    Your skin doesn't have lungs.

Honestly, as long as you fully cleanse morning and evening, and don't use dirty sponges or brushes to put the foundation on, you should be fine.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Give me a girl who is Au naturel

Trust me girls we real guys dont care for your Joker make up we want to smell you, we want to look at your imperfections cause it turns us on and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking virgin who only knows girls from magazines!

Deleted

I think the contention is justified.
    It also applies to many other life choices. Like charity: people who engage in that activity speak about empathy for the other, yet those who question motivation think that charitable individuals do it for their own self-service (or to secure a spot in heaven, if we intersect religion over it).
    It's fascinating how we need to question or even deny intent.

I suppose that a better way to express the idea is that, while I care what others think of my aspect, I don't wear make-up to service those around me, but to exert power over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I suppose that a better way to express the idea is that, while I care what others think of my aspect, I don't wear make-up to service those around me, but to exert power over them.
    That reminds me of this meme:

Which, btw, would be an investment of at least $1,326.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama