Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People complaining about a separate headphone jack: when was the last time you charged or connected your phone to a computer while also using wired headphones?

That's literally what you're complaining about. Keeping that old ancient tech for that one functionality. You spent $800 on your phone, you can probs spend another 30 or so for Bluetooth headphones/earphones.
    Charging my phone via USB while using the headphone jack to plug it into my car's speaker system.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Charging my phone via USB while using the headphone jack to plug it into my car's speaker system.
    My car has 2 usb ports and an aux jack.

15+ Year Old Account
    They seem nice, but i just got a pixel so s10 will be out by then and I'll still have fi.

I'm currently on an iPhone 6 Plus, and I'll probably wait for the inevitable Google Pixel 2 before swapping. I'm comfortable with the Google ecosystem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They seem nice, but i just got a pixel so s10 will be out by then and I'll still have fi.
    Same, will be sticking with Fi unless ATT or Verizon put a tower very close by.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think this article is missing the real question.

Does it have a headphone jack?
    Headphone jack, and MicroSD slot. Both absolutely required.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Headphone jack, and MicroSD slot. Both absolutely required.
    Yeah, lack of microSD was what made me swear off the S6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Can't you just use wireless headphones with Bluetooth these days anyway.
    Which don't compare to quality wired gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People complaining about a separate headphone jack: when was the last time you charged or connected your phone to a computer while also using wired headphones?
    Yesterday, at work. I also don't see how this is an argument against headphone jacks. Bluetooth headphones and IEM lack in quality, I'd much rather pay the same money for a wired one and possibly get a custom cable (like I did for my Shure SE535's).

- - - Updated - - -

We're just average people not Dr Dre or DJ Tiesto.
    Speak for yourself. You're (below) average, that's something everyone on this forum can agree on. Others care about audio quality.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-31 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they need to win back customers? I mean I know apple had a good end of the year but Samsung didn't lose customers like you'd expect. Loyalty to Samsung brand is still really strong. I'll not be getting one though, probably just end up with an S7 as its much cheaper.

The main problem with the phone is that it runs Android. Android - Google - "Java" (well it's old java on custom jvm) - it's just not a pleasant user experience.

Meanwhile I'm more than happy to pay 50% Apple tax on iPhones and MacBooks for good unix and user experience
    Last edited by ldev; 2017-03-31 at 11:48 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I always preferred samsung. But with my current Honor 8. I can't say I regret it at all

I'm wondering how durable this will be compared to S7, seem to be a competition going about making the most fragile phones.

Breaking from a 5-10 cm fall like the S7 is a bit to much for me.

Yeah, lack of microSD was what made me swear off the S6.
    And the note 5, I still use a note 4 because I can remove the battery. Note 7 brought back the SD card but you still couldn't remove the battery, which to me is what lead to that problem. Even iphones have been known to catch fire, I refuse to own a phone that I can't easily change the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Looks good. I have a Google LG Nexus phone, think it's 3 years old or a bit more.
    But my main concern is always how long the battery lasts. Companies keep "innovating" in areas that don't concern me that much. We're still very much living in the "who's got the biggest screen/DPI" era while I'd have preferred apple and Samsung focus a lot more on battery life.
    I moved from a an LG Nexus 5, to S7 last year, have to say S7 has a much better battery life. However, the software support you get on a nexus is something else. That's is of course if you are not going to run custom Roms on your S7.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/sa...y-s8-1.4045411

Looks like the best phone on the market. Love the small bezels.
    Not worth the 1100$ price tag though.
    Once they slap a guarantee that their batteries that they will not explode, i'll buy a Samsung phone again. Till then, i'll shop else where.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    damn right, aint no need for more explosions.
    I got 1 question for you...

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Still waiting to see what the OnePlus 4 will offer, at any rate I don't see myself going back to Samsung any time soon. The bloatware, insane costs and ever reducing customisability has become too much really.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I see a lot of people switching back over to Samsung mostly due to the wearables being 100 times better. The Samsung watches are super dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    I moved from a an LG Nexus 5, to S7 last year, have to say S7 has a much better battery life. However, the software support you get on a nexus is something else. That's is of course if you are not going to run custom Roms on your S7.
    Im on a note 4 and Samsung updates over the past year have helped battery life over all, they gave you more control on apps running in the background. One app I use, puts my phone in silent mode during work hours and takes it out of silent mode when I am off work. It stopped working one day and they noted the recent update made me have to give them permission to run in the background.

My last phone was a Galaxy S5. And that was my last Samsung phone. They're too full of bloatware and always waaaaay behind on their Android version. I see people with Samsung phones and I'm like... "lol you're still on Android 5". Pixel and future Google phones will probably be the way to go for a long while if you want an Android device. I'm very happy with my Pixel. It just feels right.

When I first got my Pixel I thought, hey I should root this. But then I thought of all the reasons I needed root and the only reason I would need root in my case is to get rid of bloatware, which the Pixel doesn't have. So I no longer have any reason to root my phone.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-03-31 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    My last phone was a Galaxy S5. And that was my last Samsung phone. They're too full of bloatware and always waaaaay behind on their Android version. I see people with Samsung phones and I'm like... "lol you're still on Android 5". Pixel and future Google phones will probably be the way to go for a long while if you want an Android device. I'm very happy with my Pixel. It just feels right.
    I was looking at Pixel for my next phone. I am using a Note 4 I love, it runs smooth, even hearthstone runs nice. My wife had an S5 sport and she didn't like it but she loves her Note 4