Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Collecting Transmog Sets -- Good mod to track which pieces I'm missing?

I find it odd that I have all the pieces for many of the tier sets (as in I can mog all the set pieces) but they don't show up on the 7.2 complete sets mog tab. Can anyone recommend a mod that will help me identify which pieces the game thinks I'm missing to complete those sets?

Thanks!
    You may not like my methods, but you'll surely know my name.

You should be able to hover over the missing items and it will tell you where to find them. Most likely you're missing belt/bracers/boots.

mOnArs WardrobeHelper can show you what you're missing from Dungeons/Raids/Sets
    Can I Mog It? gives you a visual when you hover over items to indicate if you have learned that appearance.
    Last edited by Aux; 2017-03-30 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    monars is probably the best to help collecting, can i mog it to check if you learned the item (the blizzard script is not always accurate).
    but it's such a mess that it's almost impossible to show every missing gear, blizzard hides a ton for no reason, so your best bet is to start with those mods who would help getting the majority

I find that the 7.2 interface for sets is an excellent way of tracking pieces you're missing from sets...
    It irks me to no end though that they chose to include bracers in appearance sets... yeah, bracers, that we rarely ever actually see.

it says I'm missing the dragonstalker helm, which drops from Nef or Onyxia to unlock it, yet I was using that for a long time and have to go re get it? Lame

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    it says I'm missing the dragonstalker helm, which drops from Nef or Onyxia to unlock it, yet I was using that for a long time and have to go re get it? Lame
    You were only retroactively granted appearances for quest rewards that are usable on that character.
    There is no long-term tracking of other loots.
    You only gained appearances for other items if you had them in your inventory at the time of the collection implementation.

So in short, yes.
    A random loot, crafted, vendor bought etc item must be gathered again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    mOnArs WardrobeHelper is currently not working so count that one out.
    I have no idea when the dev will update it for 7.2 ^^.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You were only retroactively granted appearances for quest rewards that are usable on that character.
    There is no long-term tracking of other loots.
    You only gained appearances for other items if you had them in your inventory at the time of the collection implementation.

So in short, yes.
    A random loot, crafted, vendor bought etc item must be gathered again.

That's not the issue lol but thanks for your reply!

I already submitted the bug. I have the helmet unlocked in the appearance tab for helmets, the issue is that the set is marked incomplete because the helm is missing, while I have the 7 other pieces checked off.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2017-03-30 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    You should be able to hover over the missing items and it will tell you where to find them. Most likely you're missing belt/bracers/boots.

mOnArs WardrobeHelper can show you what you're missing from Dungeons/Raids/Sets
    Can I Mog It? gives you a visual when you hover over items to indicate if you have learned that appearance.

Pardon, maybe I'm missing some functionality of the built-in tracker. I only see the full sets I *HAVE* collected. How do I see the ones that are possible, but I don't yet have all the pieces for?

I'm assuming this will solve that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I'm assuming this will solve that issue.

ahhh, i was only looking in the transmog window. Thanks!

That's not the issue lol but thanks for your reply!

I already submitted the bug. I have the helmet unlocked in the appearance tab for helmets, the issue is that the set is marked incomplete because the helm is missing, while I have the 7 other pieces checked off.
    Do you have a look-alike piece, one which shares the appearance but isn't the named piece from the set.
    Search by the set-names in your collection, and ensure that each you have the appearance of each set piece by name.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Tier 2 drop from Nefarian is different to the lookalike drop from the Onyxia revamp. You'll need to get the Nef helm to complete your set.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The Tier 2 drop from Nefarian is different to the lookalike drop from the Onyxia revamp. You'll need to get the Nef helm to complete your set.
    So looks to be the issue I described.
    A set is composed of the named set items only, not the appearances.
    Lets hope blizzard fix that in the future.
    It is only the first implementation currently, and I would say overall a good one at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    mOnArs WardrobeHelper is currently not working so count that one out.
    I have no idea when the dev will update it for 7.2 ^^.
    It's working fine for me. Are you loading out of date addons?

Like #2 said, Can I Mog It? + mOnArs WardrobeHelper are all you need.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's working fine for me. Are you loading out of date addons?

Like #2 said, Can I Mog It? + mOnArs WardrobeHelper are all you need.
    There's no longer a button in the Appearance tab to toggle thet list, you can only use the Minimap icon to get the list up.
    That's why I was confused and a little bit annoyed.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    There's no longer a button in the Appearance tab to toggle thet list, you can only use the Minimap icon to get the list up.
    That's why I was confused and a little bit annoyed.
    Oh, I have opening the list on a macro, didn't notice the button was gone. Seems the addon is being kept up to date though since there's a new section for tomb and the new dungeon. Perhaps it's worth it to contact the author on the curse addon page with your issue.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Do you have a look-alike piece, one which shares the appearance but isn't the named piece from the set.
    Search by the set-names in your collection, and ensure that each you have the appearance of each set piece by name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    There are sets that show, Other items that unlock this slot.

The one I have is, Dragonstalker Helmet which is from 10man Onyxia. The other one that says it shares this appearance is Onyxia 25.

That is quite retarded, to be honest lol a little difference in the name.

Will confirm if Onyxia 25 counts, since it says it shares appearances. Even though it doesn't say, Other items that unlock this slot. like some other sets.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2017-03-31 at 11:48 AM.

After collecting all the sets and double-checking with the ptr before release, my experience is that the "sets" tab is very strict, you need the actual set item that is listed. Most of the sets include look-alikes, but for some reason dragonstalker doesn't include all 3 versions, probably an oversight. Nefarian or onyxia 25 should count.
    Last edited by Entrophius; 2017-03-31 at 11:56 AM.

You don't need the set item itself, it can be something else as long as it is seen as the same item at appearance itself, which seems to be off in this case.
    One shaman in my guild completed a firelands set yesterday by getting the missing style through a legendary item, so other items count.