Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    he didnt have a clear stance besides "why cant we just nuke them" and "kill their families."
    Trump didn't have a clear stance on just about ANYTHING other than "BUILD WALL" "NAFTA AND SUCH BAD!" and "COAL GOOD"

People projected and STILL Are projecting their own views onto him because he's so fucking nebulous. The reality is? He doesn't really give a damn about 90% of the issues a President is supposed to freaking care about and oversee. He barely even knew about the freaking Health Care Bill he was trying to push really hard because it's not an issue he cares about in the slightest.

More importantly we've become a society where having a background that can be studied? Past Positions, experience in politics and such? They've become a NEGATIVE to being electable, people will dig up anything from whatever politicians 1000s of votes and use to to destroy them.

And people want to ask "How would a Hillary Presidency be 10 weeks in" I'll tell you.... pretty much the same as Obama's second term, lots of fighting with the Republican congress, some executive orders but at least the executive branch would be stable and orderly. It'd basically be a boring standard Presidency when the Opposition controls congress probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of the people who voted for Trump used to vote Democrat, what does that tell you?
    That they bought into a bunch of lies about how their dying towns can be revived rather than facing a harsh reality that they need to adapt and the past is dead.

The vast majority of these voters were located in a few states, namely in the mid-west and Appelachia, they simply bought a happy lie over a harsh reality. In the past two elections before 16 no one was really selling a happy lie.
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2017-03-31 at 01:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I assume you've signed up to fight should you get your war with Russia?
    Since Russia already attacked the US via cyber warfare to destabilize our electoral process and the dissemination of information, I would say a counter-strike is in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You just really like that term although it's complete nonsense.
    Eh not really, there are some segments of the 'left' that are pretty regressive, to the point where the outcome of their ideologies, if they were to be enforced, would be very similar to the outcome of right-wing ideologies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    yea I'm done, I've got trolled enough now.
    You not liking that Trump distanced himself from the KKK endorsement in a timeframe you personally found unacceptable and me pointing out that you are applying arbitrary timeframes on Trump in order to make your argument, is not trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, it's just sad that conservatives love to harm others so much.
    It's not only a trait limited to conservatives. Clinton is showing us having a fairly easily interventionist set of policies is something that can be shared across the political spectrum (or lack of) in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Since Russia already attacked the US via cyber warfare to destabilize our electoral process and the dissemination of information, I would say a counter-strike is in order.
    Wonderful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post

That they bought into a bunch of lies about how their dying towns can be revived rather than facing a harsh reality that they need to adapt and the past is dead.
    Exactly. With the use of 5th grade reading level vocabulary about Mexicans stealing their jobs, the muslims implementing Sharia Law in their towns, these 85%+ white counties in the Rust Belt with low to no college education were duped by targeted Russian misinformation campaigns about Clinton, that US conservative media like Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and the like piggybacked on to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post

Wonderful.
    I know you want the US to lie down and take it with a tepid leader like Trump, but that's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You not liking that Trump distanced himself from the KKK endorsement in a timeframe you personally found unacceptable and me pointing out that you are applying arbitrary timeframes on Trump in order to make your argument, is not trolling.
    Let's be honest with what happened here.

Trump was initially endorsed by former members of the KKK (before his newspaper endorsement). The media ran some stories about it. Trump responded by saying 'I don't know the guy, how can I make a judgement on his ideals even though he was in the KKK and still blogs about his white supremacism'. He did this either because he agrees in part with a lot of what this guy was saying, or because it was a tactical move to preserve that voter bloc.

Then, his staff tell him that the PR from not condemning this support is losing him too many votes, so he switches tactics.

Now, I wouldn't say that Trump is a bad person because of this. There are many other examples of why Trump is a bad person, but I don't personally feel that this is one of them. In fact, my initial thought is to commend Trump for withholding judgement on someone simply because of their past. If I knew he was doing that on principle, I would admire him for it. Sadly, there are many, many examples of Trump condemning people without knowing anything about them. So this wasn't a matter of principle. It was a matter of ideology, and votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful.
    The CIA already stated that they are currently engaging in counterstrikes against Russia for their involvement in the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You just really like that term although it's complete nonsense.
    It's a very good term for the people who put identity politics and virtue signaling before human rights.

The womens march against trump for example was led by a literal Palestinian terrorist and Saudi Arabian woman that wants to veil women.

Epitome of regressive culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's a very good term for the people who put identity politics and virtue signaling before human rights.

The womens march against trump for example was led by a literal Palestinian terrorist and Saudi Arabian woman that wants to veil women.

The thing is it's not a thing alt right people keep trying to make these terms a thing but it only stays in their circle. The reason alt right took off is because people identified themselves as alt right.

Deleted
    Oh come on, people who voted for Trump very well knew the complete shitstorm of the century that would be President Donald Trump.
    They just didn't liked it when they were called "deplorables".

10+ Year Old Account

The women's march was not 'led' by anyone. I agree with you, though, that choosing her to speak was certainly a terrible decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Exactly. With the use of 5th grade reading level vocabulary about Mexicans stealing their jobs, the muslims implementing Sharia Law in their towns, these 85%+ white counties in the Rust Belt with low to no college education were duped by targeted Russian misinformation campaigns about Clinton, that US conservative media like Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and the like piggybacked on to.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you want the US to lie down and take it with a tepid leader like Trump, but that's not happening.
    You're doing exactly what I would have wanted you to do. Thank you.

like all those protesters in russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Oh come on, people who voted for Trump very well knew the complete shitstorm of the century that would be President Donald Trump.
    They just didn't liked it when they were called "deplorables".
    So they decided to prove that they were? We can add immature and unintelligent to the list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Let's be honest with what happened here.

Trump was initially endorsed by former members of the KKK (before his newspaper endorsement). The media ran some stories about it. Trump responded by saying 'I don't know the guy, how can I make a judgement on his ideals even though he was in the KKK and still blogs about his white supremacism'. He did this either because he agrees in part with a lot of what this guy was saying, or because it was a tactical move to preserve that voter bloc.

Then, his staff tell him that the PR from not condemning this support is losing him too many votes, so he switches tactics.

Now, I wouldn't say that Trump is a bad person because of this. There are many other examples of why Trump is a bad person, but I don't personally feel that this is one of them. In fact, my initial thought is to commend Trump for withholding judgement on someone simply because of their past. If I knew he was doing that on principle, I would admire him for it. Sadly, there are many, many examples of Trump condemning people without knowing anything about them. So this wasn't a matter of principle. It was a matter of ideology, and votes.

- - - Updated - - -

The CIA already stated that they are currently engaging in counterstrikes against Russia for their involvement in the election.
    The CIA? That's great. That's definitely going to solve the problem.

Many people voted against Hilary, who is worse than Trump.

This is like when you play WoW and actually find it fun despite the flaws and that one annoying friend keeps asking you why you "keep playing that awful game"

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    I don't think it is ether, but the issue is these people largely don't WANT To face reality telling them the truth is even worse political suicide than insulting them, hence were stuck in a position where the only way to win them over is telling them happy lies which I refuse to do.
    If you don't want to lie to them (DNC says Hi), then try using the truth. I honestly don't think the liberals in this country truly understand how the whole election process works.

In order to beat Trump next time, you need to get some of the people who voted for Trump this time to not vote for Trump next time. How in any reality do you think that's going to happen if all you do is insult the people who voted for Trump and further alienate them?

Like has been mentioned - enjoy 8 years of Trump. I really don't think you guys are going to figure this out in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're doing exactly what I would have wanted you to do. Thank you.
    Your welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CIA? That's great. That's definitely going to solve the problem.
    Idk, I didn't make a judgement on whether or not it was a good idea. I do this it's reasonable to do something against the aggression of other nations, though.