Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    First time in my WoW career (since beta) i am unsubscribed because i feel like the game is not worth its subscription fee anymore. Never thought this could happen.

People seem to forget that we are just in the first week of 4 week content release. Plus, this is mostly my opinion on the matter, but I really like the shore from my mostly RP point of view because it feels like going to war. A lot of repetitive fighting to secure a crucial position for both sides. Plus, we haven't build any of the buildings yet. I think this week is probably 20-30% of the farm content we will see when this transition ends in a few weeks. Wow is a farming game. Don't whine, uninstall pls.

I hate the layout of the zone too. The terrain is awful to navigate around. Also, the zone looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Once Invasions/Class Specific WQ's start next week and Towers complete in the Area opening up Challenge areas and World Bosses, there will be much more to do.

The patch has been out for 2 fucking days lol.

Though this mentality of I WANT 10hrs of Stuff to do EVERY DAY, really only applies to NEET's 99% of the time.
    No, its the mentality of them releasing "The biggest patch ever" over the course of 11 weeks. Thats less the "biggest patch ever!!!" and more "A series of small patches!!" People don't want 10 hrs of stuff they want more than 30 minutes.

Been doing it since forever.
    ...and ever.
    ...and ever.
    ...and ever.
    ...and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Couple of weeks? I say next week. We need 18k rep from friendly to revered. Every invasion gives 1.500 rep (and you need do them all), so you gain 6k just doing this - you have to get just 12k.

I do: all wq available once a day (like 4-5) + contribute, table missions for rep (even other factions, there could be legionfall token in box), and of course every regular quest. I have already 4000/12000, and it's been just two day.

For me flying will be enabled when last of 4 invasion pop up first time. We still don't know how often invasions will happen, but it is safe to guess we will see all 4 first week.
    What if they only released 1 invasion zone per week? I remember Pre Legion they gated the frequency, but maybe location (I dont remember)

This probably isn't the case, but I'd probably unsub for a month just out of spite after picking my jaw up off the floor.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Nihilist View Post
    This patch is a turd.
    B-b-but it's "The Biggest Patch Ever!"
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

I suspect things will get more interesting once buildings get completed and the invasions begin. I'm reserving judgement until those start happening.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    So it's the biggest turd ever then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    I suspect things will get more interesting once buildings get completed and the invasions begin. I'm reserving judgement until those start happening.
    Except buildings are not permanent and you need to rebuild them each week... have fun.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Flying as a reward is enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    I know you are being sarcastic, but to the people who say this unironically, the patch doesn't even have the raid. The raid will be released a couple months from now and will come even after 7.2.5. So the raid doesn't belong in this patch. That makes every patch that had a raid and additional content like dungeons or quests, like 3.3 with ICC, 4.2 with Firelands, 4.3 with Dragonsoul, 5.2 with ToT or 5.3 with SoO bigger than this one. And if you are honestly counting the content that was released now and the content that will be released in 3 months from now together and count that as one patch, then you might as well count 4.1 and 4.2 together, cause they were released close to each other, or count 5.1 and 5.2 together.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Except buildings are not permanent and you need to rebuild them each week... have fun.
    I think they're going to have to nerf the cost of building those buildings, or just have them come out on a fixed timer. Tuning the cost to get them to come out at a certain time is basically the latter, just more awkward for them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by rambo123 View Post
    I'm doing WQ on Broken Shore for reputation on my all 12 classes. I want to reach exalted asap for class mounts. This is my first priority there, after that i will do something different.
    sweet narnia

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for a reputation item drop similar to one from Tanaan. Not doing these stupid WQs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    im not really doing anything in there unless there is a WQ up.
    Same here.

So far this patch (and keep in mind I am often called a Blizz white knight) is extremely underwhelming.

They claim to be opening up new content over the next few weeks, but I have a sinking feeling that it will be a trickle from a spout instead of a garden hose being turned on.

Invasions are next week. Well, we sort of did those pre-expansion that after two or three the novelty wore off for people who were not using them to power level ALTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm waiting for a reputation item drop similar to one from Tanaan. Not doing these stupid WQs.
    Five minutes of your time is five minutes too much, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think they're going to have to nerf the cost of building those buildings, or just have them come out on a fixed timer. Tuning the cost to get them to come out at a certain time is basically the latter, just more awkward for them.
    I think they should rather have more activities that reward Legion war supplies. I don't really know why I should spend any more time there then I need to finish those 4 world quests... That's kinda boooring for a new zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I think they should rather have more activities that reward Legion war supplies.
    This wouldn't help, unless there's a separate reason for doing those activities. No one is going to farm war supplies just to build the buildings.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Five minutes of your time is five minutes too much, amirite?
    I take it you didn't account for travel time and boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Zone's completely shite. Just the world quests that are really worth doing and they take 30 or so minutes.