Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Was the item level scaling an April Fools joke?

Kinda feels like that to me. They've usually had their April Fools jokes a couple of days before April 1st and there hasn't been one yet. And the item level scaling was a real good joke, everyone fell for it.

I hope not, it's a good feature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Nihilist View Post
    Kinda feels like that to me. They've usually had their April Fools jokes a couple of days before April 1st and there hasn't been one yet. And the item level scaling was a real good joke, everyone fell for it.
    god i hope so.

Deleted
    I am sure Blizzard will surprise us with way more innovative funsies.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here to stay. Sorry bub.

Nope, just once more listening to some minority on forums and getting that "This idea might be good" so WQs will have more of a meaning than a daily AP grind, they failed as usual.

Didnt understand it existed though, only when i saw the QQ on here

Quote Originally Posted by syllabic View Post
    I hope not, it's a good feature.
    there is nothing good from it....it the worst edition to the game. That is not opinion but fact. It should not take longer to kill a target because you get gear. If this is your idea of a good feature please quit and go play elder scrolls.

So many people want to act like the ilvl scaling made the game unplayable...Most people hardly even noticed before the post about it, and even after that now it's only hp that scales, not even damage...

I agree with syllabic, with it being HP only and not the damage the mobs do, I think it's a good feature. Hell personally I didn't mind the damage buffs either but, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nope, just once more listening to some minority on forums and getting that "This idea might be good" so WQs will have more of a meaning than a daily AP grind, they failed as usual.

Didnt understand it existed though, only when i saw the QQ on here
    Either your ilevel is to low or your not paying attention.

Mobs with @ pvp towers with 903 ilevle have 4 milion health

removing my ring....846 ilevel mobs have 2 million health

with ring...3 KC to kill target...without ring 1 KC.

^ this does not make the game fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    there is nothing good from it....it the worst edition to the game. That is not opinion but fact. It should not take longer to kill a target because you get gear. If this is your idea of a good feature please quit and go play elder scrolls.
    Addition.

That is 100% an opinion.

If this is your idea of the worst feature they've ever added, please quit and go play basically anything else.

*Edit-Afterthought* Blues have been saying for years now that they have a goal of ~12 seconds per mob kill regardless of level, or something along those lines...idk why this is such a huge surprise to everyone
    Last edited by Ronissassa; 2017-03-31 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. I guess people will finally stop screaming to remove other features from the game then. Sweet.

1. It is a good feature
    2. It wasn't released on April Fool's day
    3. Is the OP an April Fool's joke - been April 1st for > 2 hours now.

- - - Updated - - -

Mobs with @ pvp towers with 903 ilevle have 4 milion health
    removing my ring....846 ilevel mobs have 2 million health
    A feature <> a bug - please learn the difference.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I find it funny seeing all the people complain about it. I mean most of them are the same people that complain about having nothing to do, or the games too easy. All of sudden stuff is a little harder to kill and they complain that it takes longer to kill stuff, the game is too hard. My god people you can't have it both ways, is it to easy or to hard? Is there stuff to do or not stuff to do. Does it take time, effort and skill to do something or can you just breeze through it. Make up your damn minds......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Nihilist View Post
    No it wasn't, it was a good idea that wasn't welcomed so rolled back it seems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nah, this year's April's Fools will most likely include some very funny jokes about WF/TF/legendaries and AP. Like... "New feature: Voidforging. Now your gear can also roll lower ilevel than base! hehe xd"
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's exactly why I think it's an April Fools joke. Blizzard usually doesn't publish their April Fools jokes on April 1st, but a few days earlier, to throw people off. I've even mentioned that in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. It is a good feature
    3. Is the OP an April Fool's joke - been April 1st for > 2 hours now.

- - - Updated - - -

A feature <> a bug - please learn the difference.
    Do you live in Aisa or Aus? its 9AM on the 31st of March here (PST) lol. Its quite a time jump for you there, if it has been the 1st for you for 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was needed. Running around as a tank killing mobs in 3 hits wasn't interesting. The reason people have problems with it is because it takes longer to kill than pre 7.2, but it's still faster than when we were 840ilvl.

Pre 7.2: 840 ilvl- 15 sec per mob, 900 ilvl - 3 sec per mob
    Post 7.2: 840 ilvl - 15 sec per mob, 900 ilvl 8 sec per mob

Rough numbers just based on feel, but yeah. We get stronger at a faster rate than the world, so there's always a feel of power increase, legion just brought that faster than previous expansions, and the world was falling behind too much

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It was needed. Running around as a tank killing mobs in 3 hits wasn't interesting. The reason people have problems with it is because it takes longer to kill than pre 7.2, but it's still faster than when we were 840ilvl.

Pre 7.2: 840 ilvl- 15 sec per mob, 900 ilvl - 3 sec per mob
    Post 7.2: 840 ilvl - 15 sec per mob, 900 ilvl 8 sec per mob

Rough numbers just based on feel, but yeah. We get stronger at a faster rate than the world, so there's always a feel of power increase, legion just brought that faster than previous expansions, and the world was falling behind too much
    It's safe to say they intended the ilvl scaling even before the release of legion. I honestly wouldn't have bought the xpac had I known this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I don't think its rolled back though.
    Seems it is, I had a challenge killing elite rares at patch day, and now they hardly even do anything, just like the Surumar elites before the patch. If not rolled back, adjusted far down.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..