Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh no they should be punished.

But they're still doing god's work.
    Too bad there is no magic man in the sky
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    My position is quite consistent: once it's out, it enjoys the same protections as you or I do. Before that, it's part of her, like nails or hair.

Idk about "hip", I'm in my early 40s and I've felt this way since my parents tried to preach at me all the time when i was a kid in the 80s.
    Well no offense but that's a pretty fucking shitty position to have. So if I were pregnant and supposed to give birth in a week, by your logic I should be allowed to scramble that baby(because it is a baby, not nails) up and it should be legal and morally acceptable in your view point to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post
    If he does, he will get a bigger shit storm then he could ever expect.
    Rofl yeah man. That'll totally happen. The whole pussy grabbing tape, banning Muslims etc won't be anything compared to the rage from the masses if he pardons two people who were arrested for illegal recordings. That'll totally be the huge shitstorm that brings him down. /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Too bad there is no magic man in the sky
    I wonder if you'd say that to a Muslim poster on here. My guess is no because they're the one religion that Liberals and most Atheists don't enjoy mocking. But Christians? Haha sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Considering I im part of an organization that had the largest non profit adoption agency in the world before being forced to give babies to gay couples. I would say I'm doing a pretty good job. I'm glad you can pathetically call it how it is to anyone who disagrees with you.
    So you think it's more important not to get "the gayz" on babies than to provide them with a loving home.

Not really helping your argument that you care about the babies or the mothers there.

Tell me where did Jesus say "Hate thy neighbor"?
    Where did JESUS (Not paul or one of the disciples) say anything bad about homosexuals?

However, I seem to remember him getting very upset with religious hypocrites, those who ignored or persecuted the poor and downtrodden and those who exploited religion for their own gain though. All things that seem to be very common among people like you.

I'm quite certain, he'd be apoplectic about people who preach "prosperity gospel".

Regardless, trying to get the babies adopted isn't what I'm talking about.

First, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be bothering with it in the first place if it wasn't your best avenue of attack at trying to persuade women not to have abortions.

Second, I'm guessing that you also ...

Oppose welfare for single mothers, after all we can't have them staying home and taking care of the kids you care so much about.

Oppose birth control, after all we can't have people being able to avoid unwanted pregnancies can be prevented in the first place.

Oppose sex education, after all we can't have people knowing anything about how they get pregnant in the first place.

Oppose public education (as opposed to christian "education").

In general, I'm guessing you oppose anything the government does, that doesn't shit on the poor and less fortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Well no offense but that's a pretty fucking shitty position to have. So if I were pregnant and supposed to give birth in a week, by your logic I should be allowed to scramble that baby(because it is a baby, not nails) up and it should be legal and morally acceptable in your view point to do so.
    Yeah, clearly you either don't understand his point or are just blatantly distorting it.

I wonder if you'd say that to a Muslim poster on here. My guess is no because they're the one religion that Liberals and most Atheists don't enjoy mocking. But Christians? Haha sure!
    You obviously don't understand what "atheist" means if you think that. Atheists don't believe in ANYONE's magic man in the sky.

Christians come in for more mockery, because so many of you are arrogant, self-righteous hate mongers that profess to follow someone who said things like "For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:20-21".
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2017-03-31 at 03:59 PM.

Rofl yeah man. That'll totally happen. The whole pussy grabbing tape, banning Muslims etc won't be anything compared to the rage from the masses if he pardons two people who were arrested for illegal recordings. That'll totally be the huge shitstorm that brings him down. /s

- - - Updated - - -

You can only abort until a certain time period but I'd personally be fine with women aborting whenever. If I was in charge religion would be illegal.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    LAWBREAKERS MUST BE PUNISHED!!!!!!!!! WE ARE A NATION OF LAWS!!!!!!!!!!

Unless they're doing something that I like. Then it's OK.
    That's actually not what this is, at all.

You can easily argue what they did was not against the law. In 2002, the 9th circuit court of appeals ruled on an ABC News PrimeTime Live segment where they went undercover at Medical Laboratory Management Consultants and released the findings of them going undercover. In a case that almost exactly mirrors this one, the court found no guilt on the part of ABC News for the recordings. They ruled that, since nothing about the private life of the declarant was disclosed, undercover private conversations did not violate the penal code.

Here, see this article.

(Source: https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-la...on-medical-lab)

Some notable quotes from the article:

"To report the story, two producers and a cameraman from ABC went undercover to examine the inner workings of medical labs. One producer posed as a health clinic worker and arranged to have several hundred Pap smear tests processed over a weekend at Medical Laboratory Management Consultants. Another producer, in order to gain a meeting inside the lab, said that she was a cytotechnologist (a technician trained to identify cell abnormalities) from Georgia who wanted to set up her own laboratory."

"The court said that the public interest in such a story was significant: "There can be no doubt that information about a medical issue with potential life and death consequences affecting millions of women is plainly of public concern."

"The owner and the other lab workers encountered by the journalists had no reason to expect their dealings with strangers to be confidential, the court said. The owner's discussion with the journalists was not of a personal nature, nor did he request that anything he said be kept confidential."

"Moreover, the court said: "Privacy is personal to individuals" and corporations cannot make legal claims for invasion of privacy."

"ABC's attorney, Andrew D. Hurwitz, called this a significant win for the news media. He said that the threat of "intrusion" claims is a significant issue for journalists who want to do undercover work. The Ninth Circuit decision makes clear that where such journalism involves a matter of public interest and does not intrude on individuals' rights, privacy claims will not succeed against the media."
    If you're intellectually honest, you'll see the obvious parallels between the two cases.

We should be talking about the horrifying testimony of the planned parenthood employees or the obvious conflict of interest for the prosecutor who brought the charges.

Nah, let's ignore that. We think they broke the law, SO THEY DID!! GET 'EM.
    Last edited by Derecho; 2017-03-31 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Made quotes from article easier to see

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less. Not part of my body, part of hers until it detaches and gets pushed out. Therefore, none of my or anyone else's business.

No matter what anyone's superstitions (regardless of the particular one they've chosen) tell them to do. This isn't a theocracy.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I couldn't care less. Not part of my body, part of hers until it detaches and gets pushed out. Therefore, none of my or anyone else's business.

No matter what anyone's superstitions (regardless of the particular one they've chosen) tell them to do. This isn't a theocracy.
    Do you think the state should be compelled to offer this service? subsidize it even?
    Or is it just a matter of masturbating with a hand blender?.

Even if good intent could be argued with the filming, doctoring the footage to support a fictional narrative should make it plainly obvious why everyone should support these criminals getting felony charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Even if good intent could be argued with the filming, doctoring the footage to support a fictional narrative should make it plainly obvious why everyone should support these criminals getting felony charges.
    That's not what these criminal charges are being brought for, though.

Let's stick to what they are being charged for, regardless of how you feel about what they did or did not do.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...felony-charges

The new charges filed in California are different felony charges, tied to the act of recording. The state says it reviewed thousands of video files to try to identify the people Merritt and Daleiden are accused of recording without consent. They found 14 such people recorded in California in 2014 and 2015."
    *added bold for empahsis*

The two activists each face 15 charges — one for each person they are accused of recording without permission, and one for conspiracy.
    If they want to charge them for doctoring or making things up, they need to bring different charges against them.

Based on the precedent I posted above, you can argue that they did nothing wrong by recording it since nothing private about the persons recorded was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh no they should be punished.

But they're still doing god's work.
    Wouldn't god's work be just smiting the abortion providers on the spot, not taking doctored videos to try and alter public opinion?

Cal is a 2 party consent state right? Soo...yeh this seems about right.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    That's not what these criminal charges are being brought for, though.
    Yeesh, is that seriously not illegal? It should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yeesh, is that seriously not illegal? It should be.
    I figure it's one of those things where you get them on whatever charges they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    So you think it's more important not to get "the gayz" on babies than to provide them with a loving home.

Not really helping your argument that you care about the babies or the mothers there.

Tell me where did Jesus say "Hate thy neighbor"?
    Where did JESUS (Not paul or one of the disciples) say anything bad about homosexuals?

However, I seem to remember him getting very upset with religious hypocrites, those who ignored or persecuted the poor and downtrodden and those who exploited religion for their own gain though. All things that seem to be very common among people like you.

I'm quite certain, he'd be apoplectic about people who preach "prosperity gospel".

Regardless, trying to get the babies adopted isn't what I'm talking about.

First, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be bothering with it in the first place if it wasn't your best avenue of attack at trying to persuade women not to have abortions.

Second, I'm guessing that you also ...

Oppose welfare for single mothers, after all we can't have them staying home and taking care of the kids you care so much about.

Oppose birth control, after all we can't have people being able to avoid unwanted pregnancies can be prevented in the first place.

Oppose sex education, after all we can't have people knowing anything about how they get pregnant in the first place.

Oppose public education (as opposed to christian "education").

In general, I'm guessing you oppose anything the government does, that doesn't shit on the poor and less fortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, clearly you either don't understand his point or are just blatantly distorting it.

You obviously don't understand what "atheist" means if you think that. Atheists don't believe in ANYONE's magic man in the sky.

Christians come in for more mockery, because so many of you are arrogant, self-righteous hate mongers that profess to follow someone who said things like "For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:20-21".
    Considering that you seem to confuse love and and supporting someone to be the he same thing you already lose this convo. I have gay friends that know we can be good friends without me having to support gay marriage. Love the sinner not the sin. Get over it. stop derailing the thread with your incorrect incorrect view of religion. Better yet, stop assuming everyone is the same religion.