Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I never hated MoP, merely it's art-style.

WoD however is an abomination only just slightly above Cataclysm, the worst thing ever.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mists of Pandaria, to me, blew Warlords of Draenor out of the water. I liked it, all expansions had goods and bads.
    MoP, to me, was way better than WoD. I quit WoD after we cleared Mythic BlackRock. Mostly due to burnout (which didn't happen with other Mythic/Heroic raid guilds I have been in since BC), but also due to nothing else to do besides Garrisons..which were the worst. No interaction except for Trade chat in your Garrison. Like that was a good idea. Yes I know I can leave channels, but should I need to?

MoP initial reaction...WOW, can't believe they actually went with it. Not so sure about this.

WoD initial reaction....seriously? Didn't we already handle this before this game was made?

MoP reaction later. Great expansion, minus the 40 billion dailies stacked on top of one another.

WoD reaction later. Jesus, they some how managed to make an expansion that makes Cata look decent. Well at least I got lots of gold for zero effort.

Cata is still mainly viewed as bad outside of a few things. WoD will never climb out of the smelly hole it was.

I was on the fence for MoP, especially coming out of Cata and feeling disappointed with the game. WoD I was very excited for. By the ends of each expansion, my opinion had changed. MoP was my second favorite expansion, WotLK being my favorite. WoD quickly became dull, but I did enjoy BRF more than most raid tiers, and I thoroughly enjoyed Tanaan. For me, so far, the expansions go WotLK > MoP > BC > WoD > Cata > Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    I was on the fence for MoP, especially coming out of Cata and feeling disappointed with the game. WoD I was very excited for. By the ends of each expansion, my opinion had changed. MoP was my second favorite expansion, WotLK being my favorite. WoD quickly became dull, but I did enjoy BRF more than most raid tiers, and I thoroughly enjoyed Tanaan. For me, so far, the expansions go WotLK > MoP > BC > WoD > Cata > Legion.
    I remember when WoW started it's first decline and was like, wow is doing bad man and then with MoP I was like, well i guess WoW is dead, but damn they proven me wrong haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Only if you like generic asian-themed gobbledegook.
    Go run through Jade Forest again and take your time actually paying attention to detail. You don't even need to pay attention to buildings that much.

I will give you that Dread Wastes were boring as all heck, but zones like Jade Forest, Kun-Lai Summit (that area is huge and varied!), Isle of Thunder and Valley of the Four Winds look very good. The Veiled Stair is just a small "zone" but has much more mood to it than... anything in Frostfire Ridge. And I was forced to spend an expansion in FFR. Shudder.

But I guess I can't help you if you can't look beyond "ew east asian aesthetic!!1one"

Only if you like generic asian-themed gobbledegook.
    As opposed to what, generic viking-themed gobbledegook? Or Lovecraftian gobbledegook? Or Tolkien-esque fantasy gobbledegook? The only really originally-themed expac they've had has been Burning Crusade in which they managed to pull off Sci-Fantasy surprisingly well.

At least MoP had a powerful, cohesive story with great villains hidden underneath its theme. Can't really say the same for WoD or Cata.

I remember this:

still send chills down my spine.

mop has a dumb story like cata and wod, looking at them today with legion they seem more than before filler xpacks that left nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Anyone who think WOD was better than MOP can't be trusted in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Of the two:

WoD >>>>>>>>>.......................................................... Mop.
    The list of which is shittier. WoD was garbage at almost every turn, the decimation of players speaks volumes. Legion is reapimg the benefits of this though anything is going to look great following the dumpster fire that was WoD.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I thought MoP was as low as it can get, and that things could only get better from there -- until the truth of WoD became apparent, and then Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Anyone who think WOD was better than MOP can't be trusted in any situation.
    Only good thing about WoD was the millions in free gold from garrisons. WoD was so shitty they made WoW free for life if you played it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Of the two:

WoD >>>>>>>>>.......................................................... Mop.
    Your opinions are like your whole existence: worthless.

From early on I felt MoP was going to be meh, turned out pretty solid all around expansion. Had some really good stuff I liked, some okay stuff and a few things I could live without (the original gated dailies, were super annoying). Turned out to be a good expansion, despite the story being something I was not totally sucked into.

WoD, I was never excited for the story line, even as an Orc player it felt forced. Game play it is one of my least favorites outside of raids. Highmaul was weak, but I enjoyed BRF and Hellfire wasn't terrible. I rate WoD as my least favorite expansion of all time. I was not hyped from the get go, I am not a fan of time travel, unless the entire genre is set around time travel/multi-dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember when WoW started it's first decline and was like, wow is doing bad man and then with MoP I was like, well i guess WoW is dead, but damn they proven me wrong haha
    Leasson there is don't be so quick to decide or jump to conclusions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Your opinions are like your whole existence: worthless.
    I think 99.9% of humanity would upvote this.

i cringed at WoD when it was announced at blizzcon ... i didn't care for the story from day 1. I actually liked garrison's and stuff just not the story arc with another dreanor.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If MoP hadn't been ghetto asian themed it would likely be the best expansion.
    WoD was my favourite expansion because of the Asian theme. It was so well implemented. An Asia-inspired Azeroth was truly magnificent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah I was hesitant about MoP early on, not to mention the shock when they first announced it. It was a great expansion for me though. I have a lot of nostalgia for WotLK which pushes it over, but MoP is a close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    But I guess I can't help you if you can't look beyond "ew east asian aesthetic!!1one"
    Some people don't like the east asian aesthetic. They don't have to be mongoloids to dislike a particular cultural aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    At least MoP had a powerful, cohesive story with great villains hidden underneath its theme. Can't really say the same for WoD or Cata.
    Like I said before, MoP would have been the best expansion if it had been crafted with a subtler approach to the art style.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Only good thing about WoD was the millions in free gold from garrisons.
    more like another retarded decision to let gold flow so free instead of nerfing the shit out of it 2 weeks after shipyard came out, ruined the economy for ages for people who actually had a brain and didn't want to pay for a dead expansion to play a facebook minigame collecting gold for a year.

Literally the only good thing about WoD was the first time lvling up and seeing the ''story'', highmaul already became boring before Christmas.