Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Oh yeah, I think Alliance also got Deathwing because Zinnin Smythe... oddly enough considering how Thrall-centric Cataclysm was. But I imagine that one was probably a multi-faction raid because unlike ICC, there was no conflict between the Alliance and Horde.
    Most likely was a cross faction kill, even in the illidan book he never tell which races are attacking him in the black temple, he only mention some warlocks started to cast dark magic to protect themself from his attacks and while he is describing the encounter it seen there are a lot more of than 20 persons

About the topic I hope we catch until Legion and explain some things left ambiguos in others expansion like why the vrykuls started to worship arthas instead of war against him, how he discovery the valkyrs, his relation of yogg saron and the scourge since some minions say the old god name with hatred, the necromancer from taylord garrison, what things are doing back in draenor, why alyrazor allied with ragnaros or why he was still loyal to nzoth even after in chronicles is established the four elementals were enslaved by them, cordana backstory and some dialog or thinking of her during his corruption from the legion

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Seems like too much to me. They spent the entire 2nd half of Vol 2 on just the First and Second Wars, which were both relatively short conflicts.
    That's what I was thinking. They were short and light on lore. However, covering post-Second War to Cataclysm is some of the most lore-heavy moments in Warcraft history. While the first two Chronicles covered a lot more time in-universe, it was easy to summarize most of it.

There's part of it that just sort of makes sense to do it this way, to me, but I'm really curious to see how it will be portrayed. It will probably help bridge some gaps, though. The connection between Warcraft III, The Frozen Throne, and Wrath of the Lich King will hopefully finally be explained a lot better and more consistently, especially if it's all in the same book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to start with the early days of Argus, follow the draenei till they get to Draenor, then simultaneously cover Outland and Azeroth until the stories merge in BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Butts and boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they don't resolve to language along the lines of "...until a group of adventurers entered the temple and slew C'Thun."

I mean, I get that's what technically happened, but they need to attach some important leader in the lore to each raid. It just doesn't make resonate when nameless adventurers take down a major character, instead of its nemesis.

This makes me think; it was kind of a missed opportunity to have Fordring take down Arthas, instead of Sylvanas. Then he went down like a chump a few years later to a kill and forget raid boss.

For volume three, it would be awesome if people could order a more expensive special edition of the book. It would have their character name printed as the guy who played such a crucial role throughout the WoW plot.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    I just hope they don't resolve to language along the lines of "...until a group of adventurers entered the temple and slew C'Thun."

I mean, I get that's what technically happened, but they need to attach some important leader in the lore to each raid. It just doesn't make resonate when nameless adventurers take down a major character, instead of its nemesis.

This makes me think; it was kind of a missed opportunity to have Fordring take down Arthas, instead of Sylvanas. Then he went down like a chump a few years later to a kill and forget raid boss.

For volume three, it would be awesome if people could order a more expensive special edition of the book. It would have their character name printed as the guy who played such a crucial role throughout the WoW plot.
    Med'an did it all

I'd be surprised if it wasn't "The combined armies of the Alliance and Horde under the command of Varok Saurfang, uniting under the banner of the Might of Kalimdor, made an offensive into Ahn'Qiraj and slew the old god C'thun and his many minions."

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzley117 View Post
    Hey guys. My question is in the title. As an avid lore junkie, I love the whole idea of Chronicles and I've read the first one numerous times. Vol. 2 is just on the horizon and I'm stoked for that. However, I can't seem to find what the third volume is supposed to be about. The first was about the beginning of the universe and more specifically Azeroth. It goes up to the years just before the Dark Portal is opened for the first time. The second focuses on Draenor and the events up to the Third War, correct? But I'm uncertain about the third volume. If anyone could help me about, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    I really hope it will be about Argus and the other planets in the Great Dark Beyond like K'aresh
    As well as the Emerald Dream and The Shadowlands, and all the Elemental Planes and the inhabitants of these worlds.

Let them just make a Manual of Planes altogether for WoW with added Draenei backstory on Argus.

Deleted
    I agree with you that Tirions fall should've been more like Varians, but I strongly disagree with your Sylvanas bit. I think the result of Sylvanas killing arthas would still just have made her jump off the throne, having a major character kill her nemesis only to attempt suicide immediately after while the players are fighting over who loots Invincible would've been horrible. And would sylvanas have considered putting on the helmet like tirion does? What would she have done with the information that no lich king = extinction when her species is facing extinction either way, and she is litterally about to jump to her own death?

Or something like an ebook where you you can input your character's stats (name/class/race/etc) and it fills it in where proper, probably including some short story bits specific to either race or class lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Doesn't seem like enough to fill a whole chronicle.
    I think on the contrary that there is a lot to cover. This is just a few of the things they could cover:

1. The aftermath of the 2nd war
    a) The internment camps, struggle in the Alliance
    b) Gilneas and Greymane's Wall
    c) Tirion Fordring and Eitrigg
    d) Rebuilding of Stormwind and conflict with the Stonemasons (Defias Brotherhood)
    e) Thrall's rise
    f) Arthas' youth

2. The Third War
    a) Birth of the Lich King
    b) War of the Spider
    c) What happened with other races in Northrend (Drakkari, Kaluak, etc.)
    d) Kel'Thuzad and the Cult of the Damned
    e) The Culling of Stratholm
    f) Arthas and Frostmourne
    g) Fall of Lordaeron
    h) Fall of Quel'Thalas
    i) Fall of Dalaran
    j) Arugal and the Worgen Curse
    k)Flight to Kalimdor
    l) End of the Long Vigil and return of the Druids
    m) Eternity's End

3. The Frozen Throne
    a) Illidan, the Naga and the Eye of Sargeras
    b) Arthas flight, birth of the Forsaken
    c) Sylvanas conquest of Lordaeron
    d) Kael'thas and the Blood Elves
    e) Outland
    f) Arthas campaign in Northrend
    g) Arthas becomes the Lich King

4. A new world
    a) Founding of Theramore
    b) Founding of Durotar
    c) Proudmoore's War
    d) How the Night Elves joined the Alliance
    e) The new Horde
    f) The Defias conflict, Varian's disappearance
    g) Birth of the Scarlet Crusade

5. The Cold War
    a) Conflicts between Horde and Alliance (Warsong lumber camps, Arathi, Alterac, etc.)
    b) Onyxia's conspiracy
    c) Varian's story, return and death of Onyxia
    d) Events at the Molten Core
    e) Nefarian's plans to create a new dragon flight
    f) Return of Hakkar the Soulflayer
    g) War of the Shifting Sands (part 2)
    h) Naxxramas

6. The Burning Crusade
    a) Illidan's rule
    b) The Sons of Lothar and the Draenei
    c) Flight of the Draenei to Azeroth
    d) Rise of the Blood Elves
    e) and so on til the re-igniting of the Sunwell

7. Wrath of the Lich King
    Oh, I'm tired. We all have an idea of what this will be about...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Up to Cataclysm is a loooong time period. Consider this - Third War was WarCraft III, more or less the moment whole current lore (in general terms and ideas) was done plus the fact that it was the fricking WC3, the highly popular and succesful game. All of this includes Burning Crusade and the march on Icecrown, ending with the fall of Arthas. That is a LOT of lore to cover. I am actually affraid that it might be a bit too much...

Hey guys! Sorry for the necro, but is there any news as to when can expect Chronicles III?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Illidan and arthas are alliance
    Ragnaros and cho'gall are horde
    Kill wise
    I don't think it's that easy. I think neutral groups with help from factions will take the credit. Like Aldor/Scryers defeating Illidan, Arthas being taken down by Argent Crusade backed up by the factions, Cho'gall falling to the Earthen Circle...

Ragnaros... no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Ragnaros... no idea.
    Likely alliance in Blackrock considering it's the halfway point between IF and SW
    For Hyjal then it will be Avengers of Hyjal.

whatever it's gonna be about, you can bet your money they ain't even gonna take a passing glance at it once they have to make something new in the game.

don't understand why you'd make a definitive lore source and not demand that the game follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    According to Matt Burns on Twitter, it will probably go up to Cataclysm.

https://twitter.com/Burnzerker/statu...88525237932032

So it will be Warcraft 3 up to the Fall of the Lich King. Which is nice, it will encompass the entire Arthas story arc from beginning to end.
    Up to or including? Either is great.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Up to or including? Either is great.
    I would say up to. Arthas' death marks the end of an era of the Warcraft story, and Deathwing's return marks the beginning of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hey guys! Sorry for the necro, but is there any news as to when can expect Chronicles III?
    Probably March next year, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    World of Warcrarft: Chronicle Vol. 3 pre-orders are now available. Ships on March 27, 2018.