Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Was just a joke :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Doctor Who is bad, and people who like it should feel bad for their terrible taste in fiction.

Infracted
    oh yeah, well you taste bad too!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Was just a joke :P
    Hahaha, sorry dude... As I said, I've had that reply soo many times today, and they weren't joking when they said it, so it's an automatic response!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I wanted a male companion so we would avoid the whole doctor companion love thing, but no one ever listens to me.

I will beat money on the time that we get a male companion is when we get a female doctor just to screw with me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I will beat money on the time that we get a male companion is when we get a female doctor just to screw with me.
    There is a significantly greater than nil chance of that happening.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I mean, rory was a companion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, rory was a GREAT companion.
    Fixed that for you.

Rory was a seriously underrated character, really enjoyed his time on the show... You know, once I got over the jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Rory was a seriously underrated character, really enjoyed his time on the show... You know, once I got over the jealousy
    rory 10/10 best companion 10/10 best space dad, 10/10 2nd best captain of the waverider

10+ Year Old Account
    rory 10/10 best companion 10/10 best space dad, 10/10 2nd best captain of the waverider
    Agreed! Although as I gave up after season one of Legends I'll have to take your word on the last one.

He's also 10/10 best sarcastic priest (he's amazing in Broadchurch)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    S2 was better than S1, give it a shot when it hits Netflix.
    Friend of mine said the same thing, I might have to look into it eventually. Sadly, as Netflix U.K. is just awful, we don't get Arrow/Flash/Legends over here :'(

Agreed! Although as I gave up after season one of Legends I'll have to take your word on the last one.

He's also 10/10 best sarcastic priest (he's amazing in Broadchurch)
    as vegas said, legends s2 is way better, hawk twins are gone, theres a colossus clone who geeks out with ray, and rip hunter is missing for the first half of it so sarah is now the leader of the team

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's cool. I have... Other ways... of seeing it. I've just got a lot to watch, so Legends is low on my priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Have I introduced you to my friend VPN?
    also this, theres plenty of free vpns that will give you access to other countries versions of netflix while on the same account

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, rory was a companion.
    He was a side companion with Amy. He would have never been there without Amy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    This was a bit strange to read. If it's not a big deal, how come it's right there in her 2nd line of dialogue in the show? I kind of wonder how they put it so that it doesn't feel forced.

And yeah, Jack not being considered a companion is really odd. This whole article feels like nothing but PR about "being progressive", while it's already what the show has been doing for years, especially if you consider spin-offs with Torchwood and Class. Both River and Clara (both as Clara and Oswin) were also openly bisexual.
    If it is not a big deal, then why are they trying to? Just have her mentioning that she has a girlfriend in a random episode. There you go, it is not hard

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is not a big deal, then why are they trying to? Just have her mentioning that she has a girlfriend in a random episode. There you go, it is not hard
    To be fair, that could be EXACTLY what they do. People are assuming that her mentioning it in her second line will be her explicitly saying "Hi, I'm Bill Potts, I'm a lesbian, yup, love the ladies I do... LOVE em! Bill "The Lesbian" Potts, that's what they call me at the lesbian bars that I go to... Because I'm a lesbian."

But there's EVERY chance that it'll just be that when they meet the Doctor says "Why are you in such a rush then?" and her reply is "I'm late, I was meant to meet my girlfriend ten minutes ago!"

Boom, second line of dialog and her sexuality is confirmed... But it's not a huge thing, and as long as it doesn't become a big plot point or anything, further down the line, *shrug* I'd say that's a pretty solid way of handling the whole thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that could be EXACTLY what they do. People are assuming that her mentioning it in her second line will be her explicitly saying "Hi, I'm Bill Potts, I'm a lesbian, yup, love the ladies I do... LOVE em! Bill "The Lesbian" Potts, that's what they call me at the lesbian bars that I go to... Because I'm a lesbian."

But there's EVERY chance that it'll just be that when they meet the Doctor says "Why are you in such a rush then?" and her reply is "I'm late, I was meant to meet my girlfriend ten minutes ago!"

Boom, second line of dialog and her sexuality is confirmed... But it's not a huge thing, and as long as it doesn't become a big plot point or anything, further down the line, *shrug* I'd say that's a pretty solid way of handling the whole thing.
    I honestly feel like they should not mention it in the first episode. Save that for future episodes, if it is not a big deal, they don't have to show it to us in the first episode. If it is not a big deal to her character, do we really need it in the first episode?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly feel like they should not mention it in the first episode. Save that for future episodes, if it is not a big deal, they don't have to show it to us in the first episode. If it is not a big deal to her character, do we really need it in the first episode?
    Can't really disagree with you on that... Unless, this is in the only time that she mentions her home life and for the rest of the season they're too busy having adventures and being awesome to care what's going on back on earth.

That'd be cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't really disagree with you on that... Unless, this is in the only time that she mentions her home life and for the rest of the season they're too busy having adventures and being awesome to care what's going on back on earth.

That'd be cool.
    I actually disagree little with you there. I love how Doctor Who screws up his companions lives. Like Donna/Amy/Rose it showed a big impairment on their life. With Clara we never got to see that. I want to see how it screws with their life. Like Rose coming back and she hasn't come back in like a year with her mother thinking she is gone/dead. Those make the show seem to have some weight, and I feel like it has lost it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a whole series of Clara and Danny and how it screwed everything up . That was one of the reasons season 9 was so bad, there was WAY too much Clara/Danny nonsense.