Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, think it is more than that, as already it has been more used for entertainment than actual PTR.
    Are you saying people have not provided feedback on issues via testing on the PTR? If so, there is forum that quickly and easily disproves that. Or is it that you just want to point out that more people play than provide feedback? If so, I don't think anyone thus far has suggested otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    idiots at blizard confuse ptr with live wtf is it with hotfixes every day don t fucking release a thing if you didn t test it and im ignoring the thing i knew for years that a 14 year old could balance the game better but i get it blizard can t hire a 14 year old

No, confusing the PRT with live is what they did when the dropped 7.2 on the live servers and broke half the bosses in nighthold and select bosses int he pervious raids, and removed 40% of Ret's/Frost DK's AoE damage (Divine Storm/Howling Blast/Sindragosa does no damage right now).

Hotfixes are them fixing the colossal fuckup that was 7.2, hotfixes are a good thing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Had to rush it. With the way wow is hemorrhaging subs, they had to do something fast to band aid the leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    And some issues they didn't even bother to test properly like with the Lich King encounter and the Saronite Bombs glitch. If they had let top players test that shit out on some form of PTR then they would have instantly said "Eyyy... there seems to be a problem with your fight" and it would have gotten fixed without any drama and accusations of cheating. Why the fuck would a top guild cheat on a normal mode fight anyway? Just stupid. Regardless, they didn't even think themselves to replicate what the top guilds had been doing at the time. Saronite Bombs were a part of melee dps rotations that had down time like rogues waiting for energy regen. How hard is it to think to test Saronite Bombs out?
    Well they usually avoid testing the last boss in order to make it more challenging in the race. Otherwise the strats would be out on live day one. But they usually have somebody watching the fight to make quick changes and fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Had to rush it. With the way wow is hemorrhaging subs, they had to do something fast to band aid the leaks.
    First off, source, oh...wait. Second off it wasnt rushed but they didnt seem to think through things like overall Nethershard aquisition.

Deleted
    idiots at blizard confuse ptr with live wtf is it with hotfixes every day don t fucking release a thing if you didn t test it and im ignoring the thing i knew for years that a 14 year old could balance the game better but i get it blizard can t hire a 14 year old
    Big salty tears rolling down the puffy cheeks of a pasty gaming nerd.. the rage!
    Yeah man, you really showed them with this post! Now they feel really bad about themselves and they're probably quite scared of you. Because you tough guy!

Deleted
    this is not the ptr its live this stuff shoud have been done on the ptr i can t even enter in game at the moment because of a bug
    No, because then it would not be the definition of a hotfix.

What is it about MMO champ and WoW in general that encourages clueless idiots to spew their dogmatic nonsense.

Tell me, how do you test a PTR when everybody wants to play the main game? Hmm? When most guilds are raiding or engrossed in their current plans or activities and most casual players couldn't give a rats?

It's pretty simple, you make it stable and then you ship it to live and be prepared to fix as you go. When there are not enough testers, everyone becomes the tester.

Sadly you don't know this, probably because you've never had a job and had to make decisions but most definitely because you've never worked closely or within a development team and haven't the foggiest how they work.

The game isn't supposed to be balanced, if you understood the subject matter you would know this. No game is balanced, not even chess, with it's identical pieces and symmetrical board. Have you ever heard of the term "first move advantage"? White wins more often than black due to this phenomenon.

Find me this magical 14 year old who can somehow "balance" the game when centuries of chess players cannot balance a game far less complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Wonder if participation on the PTR has died off due to the amount of PTR feedback that gets ignored. Why test and give feedback after playing on the ptr when time and time again the feedback is ignored.
    No. Quite many people play on PTR. But here's the problem quite people who are on PTR treat it as a free version of WoW, they organise guilds, they raid, pvp, do events, etc. However, they provide no feedback whatsoever, because they aren't there to test and provide feedback, they're there to play WoW for free. So quite often devs have to rely on stats and logs their servers/clients collect.

Another issue w/ 7.2 is last minute changes, right now devs are hotfixing a lot of things that either were never on PTR or were changed when they rolled out 7.2 on Live servers w/o testing them publicly. For example, there were no issues w/ Sentinax on PTR, it's the best place to farm shards, portals were spawning shitton of mobs/bosses/etc, but when I experienced it on Live it's unrewarding and underwhelming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    No. Quite many people play on PTR. But here's the problem quite people who are on PTR treat it as a free version of WoW, they organise guilds, they raid, pvp, do events, etc. However, they provide no feedback whatsoever, because they aren't there to test and provide feedback, they're there to play WoW for free. So Blizz have to rely on stats and logs their servers/clients collect.
    Not sure why you wrote this after quoting me: it doesn't counter or speak to the point I made.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    You're complaining that they're... making changes based on feedback, and fixing bugs?

What?
    thats what f... ptr and beta tests are for

atm it look like release client is their beta - its f..... ridiculous.

Not sure why you wrote this after quoting me: it doesn't counter or speak to the point I made.
    You said:
    Wonder if participation on the PTR has died off due to the amount of PTR feedback that gets ignored.
    I said:
    No. Quite many people play on PTR.
    People are quite active on PTR, there's a lot of people there.

The rest was me ranting

blizz ignores feedbacks and let major bugs through every single time , and still does it until today anyway

just like the mythic helya one, it was 100% blizz's fault and blizz banned players for their own mistake, rubbish dev team

funny how the kill vids released used the exact same strategy the guilds got banned for
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2017-04-01 at 07:01 AM.

Judging by what Preach said in his video on how poor 7.2 is I'd say that a couple things went on:

1) They added a bunch of untested shit at the last minute for whatever reason.

2) Item scaling only got through because the people who normally test - mythic raiders - don't do much in the way of dailies so have no idea how long mobs should really be up.

3) Item scaling wasn't really noticed because Blizz never said "hey, go play open world for a while would you all?"

How dare they fix bugs and unintended problems due to a new patch!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You said:

I said:

People are quite active on PTR, there's a lot of people there.
    Ah, I see. You're response is appropriate. I should have been clearer about what I meant by participation: when I think of participation on the PTR I think of testing but that certainly isn't the only type of participation going on on the ptr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Judging by what Preach said in his video on how poor 7.2 is
    I just can't understand why people would listen to that troll after all these years. All he does is releases controversial videos/opinions to get clicks. People still fall for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I just can't understand why people would listen to that troll after all these years. All he does is releases controversial videos/opinions to get clicks. People still fall for it?
    His drama videos are funny but that only because he's just reading a story lol. But his "opinion" is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, or tits on a bull, or tits on a submarine.

Op has a point tho this patch defo rushed to stop the bleed of subs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    Op has a point tho this patch defo rushed to stop the bleed of subs
    Is there something official about subs dropping off or is this more of a "feels" situation?

Is there something official about subs dropping off or is this more of a "feels" situation?
    Bit of feels and a bit of what i have seen from guild disbands players on my firesnds list vanishing but there old players to so kinda makes sense etc