Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have you seen any legendary from the 5000 nethershard token yet?

I've been farming with my guild and we have opened roughly 100 tokens in total but no luck so far
    It makes me wonder if the drop rate is worth farming, have you guys seen any legendary from the tokens yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    I've been farming with my guild and we have opened roughly 100 tokens in total but no luck so far
    It makes me wonder if the drop rate is worth farming, have you guys seen any legendary from the tokens yet?
    I don't think the drop rate is worth farming, or is even meant for farming but to answer, yes. I have seen one recieve a legendary from the token but wasn't me as you can read. Though, I don't think the legendaries from the tokens should have any value for farming, but just sheer luck.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You need to consider where you personally are when it comes to your next legendary.

If you got a legendary within the last week, you're likely wasting your time farming it, unless you're after a trinket like a stat stick or arcano crystal.

But if your legendary was a week and a half + ago. Yeah farm it because you personally are close to a legendary. Depending on how much you play ofc. If you're a casual pleb maybe look at the 2 and a half - 3 week mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You need to consider where you personally are when it comes to your next legendary.

If you got a legendary within the last week, you're likely wasting your time farming it, unless you're after a trinket like a stat stick or arcano crystal.

But if your legendary was a week and a half + ago. Yeah farm it because you personally are close to a legendary. Depending on how much you play ofc. If you're a casual pleb maybe look at the 2 and a half - 3 week mark.
    Did blizzard mention that the relinquished system works with BLP? That would be stupid cause people could create a new toon and relinquish two BiS legendaries...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    This is a catchup mechanic, not a way to farm legendaries, if youre main purpose of farming nethershards to buy token and hope of legendarys this would be the most inefficent method of getting legendaries really
    It is a way to target specific slot legendary. So still more effective than to rely on random legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    It is a way to target specific slot legendary. So still more effective than to rely on random legendary.
    I wonder if you could still get a random legendary if you were purposely picking a token in a slot for your class that does not have a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I wonder if you could still get a random legendary if you were purposely picking a token in a slot for your class that does not have a legendary.
    Nope, you will never get a legendary that way only epics.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Did blizzard mention that the relinquished system works with BLP? That would be stupid cause people could create a new toon and relinquish two BiS legendaries...
    I'm in a guild with roughly 60-80 players active 6pm-midnight, always over 30 except for like 4am-6am. 6 people have gotten a legendary from relinquished so far, all of them had received their last legendary roughly 2 weeks ago. And with how much they play, they were pretty much due for them.

The reason creating a new toon wouldn't work, is the lieutenants, have a chance to drop legendaries. So you can get yours not from the vendor but from them instead, and at the end of the day it's still a CHANCE for it. You could get 2 in a row, it's all rng at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    This is a catchup mechanic, not a way to farm legendaries, if youre main purpose of farming nethershards to buy token and hope of legendarys this would be the most inefficent method of getting legendaries really
    Uh it's definitely a way for mains to farm legendaries, because you farm for the specific BiS item you want. It's got quite a high chance atm, likely nerfable soon because of the repeatability. It's a faster way to farm than M+.

I have 8 legendaries on my hunter, I'm missing the terrible terrible pants, and the 2nd bis belt. So I'm farming to get the legendary belt, so I can move to BM spec and farm for the legendary shoulders.

Deleted
    Some have. And i do feel cheated they fucking sold the system as " oh well easy'ish acces to target legendarys" CAN we just comment on how stupid expensive the token is. it would take Hours to farm 5k, In that time I could get more "luck" build up by farming Mythics or even Hc's. is a pointless sytem who was sold on more then it really is. Pretty much the essence of 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Some have. And i do feel cheated they fucking sold the system as " oh well easy'ish acces to target legendarys" CAN we just comment on how stupid expensive the token is. it would take Hours to farm 5k, In that time I could get more "luck" build up by farming Mythics or even Hc's. is a pointless sytem who was sold on more then it really is. Pretty much the essence of 7.2
    It takes about 30minutes to farm 5k, with an average group. Lol. Get a good 5man together and it's easy.

Deleted
    It takes about 30minutes to farm 5k, with an average group. Lol. Get a good 5man together and it's easy.
    Kek. Yeah suuuuuure! We can all see that...

Quote Originally Posted by Erotaku View Post
    Not kidding, if you can't be bothered to farm, go watch a stream of someone farming. Do any research, go do it yourself, and you'll clearly see it. Rather than doing it for 5minutes, having a sook and leaving.

Quinn was farming earlier, go check his VoD.

There are too many people summoning bosses right now on my realm, I think I'm getting 5k~8k shards per hour
    It isn't too bad if the legendary drop rate is over 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Erotaku View Post
    This is true. Maybe a bit more - 35-40 mins with 1 tank 4 dps group

Invasions come next reset, and if the pre patch was anything to go by before legion then those will give fuck tons of shards, I was constantly on the 2k cap back then.
    Farming bosses or portals on the isle aint the only way of nethershards for the rest of the expansion.....

Pretty sure a full invasion gives a couple of thousand maybe more, yes its still technically farming but at least its a slightly different way and will hopefully gives more shards then farming portals for an hour.

Quinn was farming earlier, go check his VoD.
    Lets not forget that streamers get people that basically worship their ass in their group and that are usually quite overgeared as well so their results will vary to yours unless you match their setup.
    I haven't seen the vod or stream so not gonna comment on whether or not he did everything himself but usually with streamers that's not the case and they just loot while others do the work.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2017-04-03 at 05:31 PM.

I don't even have enough shards to buy 1 one of them (like almost everyone who isn't specifically farming the sentinax portals)

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Nobody said "easy", that was your brain messing with you. They said possible.

Got my ring after 3 buys. These 15k shards took just over an hour to farm, 2 tanks, 2 dps and a healer
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2017-04-03 at 06:39 PM.

In a little over 2 hours I was able to get 4, but no legendaries. I think it was a bit of false advertisement when the devs said you could 'target a legendary'. Yeah, if we ignore all other content that may be true but I typically run NH (2-3 modes), Mythics, and Emissaries, so adding in 1-2 shards a day only gives a marginal chance.

My conundrum is my Shaman needs a decent leg piece to replace the legendary (So I can equip actual dps legendaries) but obviously I won't get a legendary if I do that.

Got the legendary helm for my offspec, so my chances were probably higher than others farming on their main. I had shards left over from invasions and killing the bosses and WQ mobs and purchased 2 items. I haven't gone out of my way to farm because it's boring and I've probably used up all my luck by hitting it rich with the 2 items I did buy.