Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hillary won by 2 - 3 % percentage points. But Harrison lost the popular vote by just as large a margin back in the 1800's, but won the electoral college. So what Hillary did was not something new. :P
    It's not new, but happened 4 times, with 2 times coming within the last 20 years. It's not new, but extremely rare and the last time, didn't have results that were positive. I'm proud that most Americans cared about the country more than someone's agenda, even if the system was used to ignore them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    If it contains carbon then it's organic. FTR, "organic" farms use pesticides which are more toxic than commercial pesticides, organophosphates being a primary culprit.
    Then yay for us, it's by definition no longer "organic".

False advertising is an entirely different problem altogether.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Then yay for us, it's by definition no longer "organic".
    You're taking the word "organic" and using it for yourselves. Organic has an actual definition, not what the hipsters think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    How did we get to bees from human health? Stay on point. FYI, the largest concern with bees and insecticides are neonicotinoids.
    We got there because there are important considerations aside from human health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    It's not fake news if it has a liberal spin
    Or if, you know, it's not actually fake news. His reasons for calling it fake news pretty center on the fact that he read the thread title and not, apparently, anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixbocta View Post
    Guess we just have to get used to fake news because it appears it's here to stay. Chlorpyrifos is an ingredient in insecticides and we've been spraying it on pretty much everything for decades. There was no approval of anything here, there was a petition to ban it and it got rejected.

All of you people who read these fake news headlines and start on about how the sky is falling and the EPA are in the pockets of "big chemical", hope you enjoy being duped. You are part of the fake news problem.
    Kindly don't spread misinformation around when you don't know what you're talking about. Organophosphate poisoning is a very real thing often presenting in patients in farm heavy areas of the US or in children from these households. It's to the point back in medical school we hammered down a mnemonic to remember all the side-effects associated with it due to how significant it was.

DUMBBELSS

Diarrhea

Urination (incontinence)

Miosis (pin-point pupils)

Bradycardia (extremely depressed heart-rate)

Bonchospasm (painful contraction of vessels in the lungs that can lead to breathing difficulties)

Excitation (of muscles)

Lacrimation (uncontrolled tears and other fluids)

Salivation (see above)

Sweating (see above)

As first line treatment we prescribe Atropine for it followed by Pralidoxmine.

The effects go far beyond to just humans and have an impact on the environment. The previous administration at least made an attempt to curtail it rather than what our new head of EPA is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    It's not fake news if it has a liberal spin
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-04-01 at 06:01 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    https://futurism.com/the-epa-approve...in-pesticides/

This seems like a no brainer, if it's a dangerous pesticide that poses risks to human health then it shouldn't be in use.
    don't worry it will just end up in 20 years just like all the other massive class action suits and mass bankruptcies after hundreds of thousands of people get sick.

hey we can trust Dow Chemical i mean they sure did not do anything like cover up a massive disaster killing thousands (COughBhopalCough)

or created and produced agent orange (The company said that it carefully considered its position, and decided, as a matter of principle, "its first obligation was to the government")

or massive problems with breast implants

or their 96 superfund sites....

sure we can trust them to do well for the consumer and the enviroment

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    We got there because there are important considerations aside from human health.
    Yes there are. But in this case, bees are not of a concern. Human health is.

The chemical listed in the OP is used widespread and is difficult to ban. It's used in more industries than farming. You can find it in flea collars. The danger mainly is to the people that spray pesticides and don't wear PPE. If you don't wash your fruit and vegetable then low doses over time can make you sick. The common theme here is people being responsible not depending on the government to play mom for every person that has no common sense or lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    don't worry it will just end up in 20 years just like all the other massive class action suits and mass bankruptcies after hundreds of thousands of people get sick.

hey we can trust Dow Chemical i mean they sure did not do anything like cover up a massive disaster killing thousands (COughBhopalCough)

or created and produced agent orange (The company said that it carefully considered its position, and decided, as a matter of principle, "its first obligation was to the government")

or massive problems with breast implants

or their 96 superfund sites....

sure we can trust them to do well for the consumer and the enviroment
    Well the GMOs that are engineered to kill insects are not harmful to humans. Different substances affect different species in different ways. Whereas coffee isn't deadly to humans, it's deadly to many species of insects, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Uh... reading the article linked on the first page it sounds like the "scientists" saying that this pesticide is harmful are conspiracy theory nuts linking it to autism.

This reads like a quote from the bad guy in an Onion article, what the hell

Yep, turns out they have a history of this. They're anti-vaxxers, too.
    So you equate the scientists with an activist group and then proceed to dismiss it all. We have a term for this, it's called straw-manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Yes everything I said was 100% true. Also you completely avoided the fact that demonrats have been and always will be the racist party.
    So you are saying it's meaningless, then.
    That is why the Republican party exist.
    So republican actions taken to push through voter ID laws that have been found to do nothing but disenfranchise minorities while not actually combating (nonexistent) voter fraud is just a "unfortunate accident?"

You can't say "Republicans are the party of equal rights and Lincoln... and then 150 years went by and absolutely nothing happened and now we're here!"

Or do you mean that Democrats are "racist" because of uppity people on tumblr complaining about white people?

Either way, your entire argument is... yeah, meaningless.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So you equate the scientists with an activist group and then proceed to dismiss it all. We have a term for this, it's called straw-manning.
    Reading the article gave me the impression that the activist group is the scientists. There are plenty of "scientists" that will claim global warming is a hoax, too. Just because you have a doctorate's degree doesn't mean what you say is credible.

Like, I'm happy to be first in line to criticize Trump's treatment of the EPA but I'm not convinced they're in the wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The EPA works for chemical corporations now. I think we're actually turning into a Corporatocracy. I think it's actually happening, right now, as we live.

PS: Sorry ancaps, you were wrong.
    Welcome to Armored Core! I can't wait for my Human Plus upgrade!