Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What is Insanity for $500, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I suspect that it'd turn out that like half of all political staff have spoken with Russian diplomats at some point. The kinds of things they're "caught" doing are mostly pretty open and easy to observe like talking at a party or some meeting. I can believe that his staff would be dumb enough to do that while conspiring with the Russians, but it would be a bit surprising if Russian spooks turned out to be that incompetent.
    Keep in mind there's a lot light being shown on international politics right now. It may seem dumb to do what these people did now, but in the absence of all the attention, things like this probably went unnoticed for a long time. They may have operated like this for their entire careers and this is just how things work for them. So why change now? It may not be incompetents, rather it could be just business as usual. They are digging a bigger hole because all they have in their tool kit is shovels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Trump's a liar, intelligence agencies really do spy on people all the time and lie about it afterwards.

You're wildly overcomplicating this.
    No, as I already said, excusing Trump by questioning general virtue, is disingenuous. Especially now, that you are claiming that Trump's lie, had a peanut of truth in the bullshit.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because regardless of the incessant bitching and calling for impeachment from idiots on the left, they actually don't have anything of Value to use to ACTUALLY impeach him. Otherwise he would've already been gone.
    Pretty much ^^

People who still support Trump....you just have to shake you head at them.

When Trump gets impeached they will still support him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    People who still support Trump....you just have to shake you head at them.

When Trump gets impeached they will still support him.
    They could be in the Melania Work Camps sewing cloths and would claim that it's worth it to stick it to the liberals and that it would be worse with Clinton.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Bullshitter-in-chief still totally unhinged from reality. He's still all-in on this totally debunked lie backed up by zero evidence to distract from the fact that his campaign is under FBI investigation for their links with Russia.

Everyone (except maybe The Deplorables) knows that he pulled this lie out of his ass, and he's so delusional he still can't let it go

He even sent WH staffers on a wild goose chase to waste their time looking for evidence to back up this lie that he invented (in Trumpworld, the bullshit claim comes first, not the evidence). They found nothing. The FBI debunked his lie. WH staffers then leaked reports to Devin Nunes that there were incidental intercepts of Trump associates, which does not show that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, Nunes then informed the WH about this WH evidence that does not show Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.

What a deranged nutjob.
    You realize the NSA surveils everyone right? All the time?

Sounds a lot like a wiretap to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If Trump gets impeached I fully expect certain people to claim it's all fabricated evidence against him.
    There is no evidence of Trump doing anything even remotely impeachment worthy. You don't just get to remove the president because you don't like him. If Trump gets impeached over such a charge, we will have a revolution. Not argue with idiots on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Wow! All those conspiracies in one post. Amazing! So lets for just the briefest second (because any longer is quite clearly ludicrous) assume that your points are all true and legit, where are your sources? FYI "Coz trump said it" is nbot a legit source.

What do YOU think about all the links between trumps campaign and Russia? Is it really possible that it is pure coincidence that it seems like half his staff have been speaking with or visiting Russian diplomats throughout his campaign? Also, were Obama and Hilary really the of the founders of IS?
    The only evidence they have against Russia is that they hacked the DNC. The DNC is a private political organization. Their cyber security was terrible. The FBI even found some of Hillary's Sec of state e-mails on a laptop Weiner was using to sext a 16 year old girl. You call that security?

Also, those e-mails were true, so it is not as if it was false information. It was just info the DNC did not want to get out. People deserve to know the truth, I am sorry if that offends you.

Exit polls indicate that the Russian hack of the DNC e-mail had basically no effect on the election. It is all smoke and mirrors designed to make Trump look like he cheated. I will believe it when they show evidence that Russia somehow meddled with the actual votes.

As for spying. They admit they recorded him without his knowledge. That is spying, my friend- any way you slice it. You can try to call it "incidental survelliance" or what ever you want but recording someone without their knowledge is definetely spying. Sorry dems and the media.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Oh I love being selectively suspicious of source's credibility.
    LOL!

Yeah, that's what's going on. XD

Here, let me pull a Nunes. "Hey guys, I have undeniable proof that Trump stole all the gold in Fort Knox! Now, I can't let you or anyone else see this 100% real and trustworthy proof because I don't want to give up my source, cause I'm just an awesome friend like that, but you can believe me it's real! Even if a judge -- let alone a Senate committee -- tries to force me to reveal my sources, I will refuse to do so. But he should still be put in jail. Because I have the proof. That no one will ever see and that I will never describe in any way, shape, or form. But it's real! Believe me, it's real as real can get! So what if there's plenty of proof that it didn't happen? That doesn't matter, I TOLD you that *I* have proof (that I refuse to reveal), so fuck that. It's REAL! Arrest him now!!!"

Herp a derp!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If Trump gets impeached I fully expect certain people to claim it's all fabricated evidence against him.
    And if it ever happens I wonder how long it would take until Trump denies that he ever was President.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    First of all, ''incidental surveillance'' actually has a meaning, so lets not pretend it is some kind of democrat doublespeak.

Secondly, could I have some citation on how incidental surveillance is normally discarded? This seems like a really weird practise, especially if (for example) the tape contained a trump transition team member talking to a russian ambassador, how do you discard only the part where the trump transition member talks and not the russian ambassador part? Besides that, intelligence being disseminated really doesn't seem like a big deal, more like Obama actually put into effect one of the main conclusions of the 9-11 investigations: more intelligence agencies need to be sharing information.

The ''500 million dollars in cash'' were actually 400 million (but hey, who cares about facts, a 100 mil hardly matters) and there was a perfectly logical explanation given, you should have just googled it: http://fortune.com/2016/08/05/money-america-iran/

Also (afaik) there is 0 evidence so far that trump himself was ''incidentally collected'' let alone targeted, so would need some citation on that.

While I do agree that america's surveillance system is far too expansive, it is usually the republicans that want it like this, so I dont see a point of complaining about dems doing that.

Lastly, your ''putting 2 and 2 together'' amounts to nothing more than finding circumstancial evidence and tying that together, theres a reason why circumstancial evidence isn't enough to provide a conviction in a court of law.
    We confiscated Iran's bank money. You could pay Iran any money for anything and claim you were just paying back the debt....... (really didn't think I would have to explain that, but OK). Of course he isn't going to say it wasn't a ransom (because that would look terrible). He would have to be a complete fool to admit it and one thing Obama isn't is a fool.

So, it bears questioning:

We returned billions to Iran, why wasn't it just included as part of that? Why go through the troubled to collect the payment, box and ship it? I can just imagine the conversation "we are going to return billions to you, but we are withholding 400 million. We want to ship that special, separately in physical currency." Yeah, how could I miss that? Makes total sense.....

It just so happened to arrive the very same day the hostages are released You are totally correct, must be one of those strange coincidences.

As for the Dems and Pubs and survelliance (I don't like or trust either party). I don't think either party should be spying on any of us. The whole point of this government is that the politicians lead for the people, by the people. They shouldn't be spying on us.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2017-04-01 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    You realize the NSA surveils everyone right? All the time?
    And what you are doing right now is recorded by your ISP and legally sold to whoever. Thanks Otrumpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    No you wont.
    It's almost like Trump supporters don't realize who makes up the majority of the tax money. The crazy rednecks are outgunned due to being a minority of the population, most people actually aren't that stupid, police forces and the military won't join a coup, and any unified effort by red states would be quickly undone by funding threats by the blue states + Texas who are the ones footing the bill for most of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    No you wont.
    If Obama had been impeached for trumped up charges (sorry for the pun), I wouldn't stand for it.

Democracy is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    And what you are doing right now is recorded by your ISP and legally sold to whoever. Thanks Otrumpa.
    It's not like everything you do on the Internet wasn't already recorded by facebook/twitter/google/[insert random platform here]. At least ISPs don't censor their political opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    If Obama had been impeached for trumped up charges (sorry for the pun), I wouldn't stand for it.

Democracy is important.
    It's almost like Trump supporters think the entire intelligence community and such are involved in partisan politics. They don't give an absolute flying fuck about healthcare debates or conservatism vs liberalism. The IC, along with departments such as the DoD, DoS, etc are made up of life long patriots that fly under the radar under every administration and serve equally.

With the exception of the FBI's attempt to usurp control at the NY branch during this election, the collective IC has been pretty impartial and been allies AND enemies with presidents of every political affiliation. Why people blindly trust the word of Trump baffles me.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

I guess I don't really see the big deal on the spying thing. Every American is spied on every day, the Republicans even just passed legislation expanding and monetizing it. Now republicans are upset because maybe some names are leaked? I honestly don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    I guess I don't really see the big deal on the spying thing. Every American is spied on every day, the Republicans even just passed legislation expanding and monetizing it. Now republicans are upset because maybe some names are leaked? I honestly don't get it.
    It's an issue in the sense that there are legal channels to have to follow. If it happened, it is is a legit concern.

The problem is that there's no evidence supporting his claim. An assload of top officials who would have been in the chain to do the order said it didn't happen. The only congressman who said it happened was Devin Nunes who also had an asterisk on the claim.

It's basically a case of an unlawful use of power by Obama from unsubstantiated claims of such by a historical liar (Trump) and someone who would have actually been implicated in anything found (Nunes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Why is he still president? Remind me again.
    Clearly it was in preperation for this day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    We confiscated Iran's bank money. You could pay Iran any money for anything and claim you were just paying back the debt....... (really didn't think I would have to explain that, but OK). Of course he isn't going to say it wasn't a ransom (because that would look terrible). He would have to be a complete fool to admit it and one thing Obama isn't is a fool.

So, it bears questioning:

We returned billions to Iran, why wasn't it just included as part of that? Why go through the troubled to collect the payment, box and ship it? I can just imagine the conversation "we are going to return billions to you, but we are withholding 400 million. We want to ship that special, separately in physical currency." Yeah, how could I miss that? Makes total sense.....

Actually, the article I linked (I really recommend reading it, it might clear up some confusion you have) mentions a perfectly valid reason why the US was withholding 400 million.

''What's Behind the Financial Dispute Between the U.S. and Iran?
    In November 1979, Iran's revolutionary government took 52 Americans hostages at the U.S. embassy, and the U.S. severed diplomatic relations with Tehran. In retaliation, Washington froze $12 billion in Iranian assets held on our shores. The hostage crisis was resolved in 1981 at a conference in Algiers, and the U.S. returned $3 billion to Iran, with more funds going either to pay creditors, or into escrow. The two nations also established a tribunal in the Hague called the Iran United States Claims Tribunal to settle claims both leveled by each government against the other, U.S. citizens versus Iran, and vice versa.
    RELATED
    US-VOTE-TRUMP-SECURITY
    BRIAN CHESKY
    That Airbnb Host in Trump Tower Got Fined
    The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment. "The Pentagon handled arms purchases from foreign countries," says Gary Sick, a former National Security Council official who served as the principal White House aide for Iran during the Iranian Revolution and the hostage crisis. "Defense took care of the details. So the $400 million scheduled purchase was a government-to-government transaction. The U.S. government was holding the money. That's why it was so difficult to resolve."
    By 2015, the issue stood before a panel of nine judges, including three independent jurists, who were reportedly near a decision on binding arbitration. According to Obama administration officials, the U.S. was concerned that the tribunal would mandate an award in the multiple billions of dollars. "The Iranians wanted $10 billion," says Sick."I estimate that the tribunal would have awarded them $4 billion. That's what the lawyers were saying. It's not as much as they wanted, but a lot more than we paid."
    So instead, the U.S. negotiators convinced Iran to move the dispute from arbitration to a private settlement. The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran's development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.
    What Did the White House Say About the $400 Million...and When Did They Say It?
    The U.S. announced the controversial nuclear deal with Iran on July 13, 2015. At a news conference on January 16, President Obama declared that the U.S. was lifting the first raft of sanctions against Iran. He also stated that the U.S. would return $1.7 billion to Iran, as agreed in the negotiations at the Hague. That same day, Tehran released the U.S. hostages, and the U.S. freed seven Iranians detained for violating financial and other U.S. sanctions on their home country. Hence, the return of the five Americans appeared to be one side of a prisoner exchange with Tehran.
    But Obama didn't mention that the same day, $400 million was being shipped over 6000 miles for deposit in Iran's treasury. "Normally you'd use a bank transfer," says Sick. "But Congress banned dollar transfers to Iran, so the government had to find another way. So they bought foreign currency, and transferred it in cash."''

There you go, perfectly valid explanation, all you have is circumstancial evidence, if you choose to follow that to a conspiracy theory conclusion, that is up to you.