Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro for ST in 7.2 ?

with news trait and tier 20, will be destro good for ST finally ?

new gold trait lookslike good burst ST dmg

new possibility for 4/4 trait can increase shard refund for Chaos bolt (combined com SC looks amazing) + 100% bonus dmg for mastery with T20

and conflagrate.... hugeee!

i want play with spec with good ST, but good ramp up (demo have biggest ramp up, is awful). so, Destro worth ?

Deleted
    There is no chance for Destro to ever be really good at single target given the flawed design philosophy blizzard seem so eager to cling to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    There is no chance for Destro to ever be really good at single target given the flawed design philosophy blizzard seem so eager to cling to.
    Since Portals can't be havoc'ed, if they tune the new flame portal high enough there's a chance to make it good single without being completely broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    Since Portals can't be havoc'ed, if they tune the new flame portal high enough there's a chance to make it good single without being completely broken.
    portals would be a problem in pvp then. but other than that you are right yes.

Why would it be a problem in pvp?
    They can balance spells separately now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Why would it be a problem in pvp?
    They can balance spells separately now.
    yes they could do that, but that does require work and why put work into something when you just can leave it be and have Destro be the specc that makes all other classes and speccs feel good about themselves on single target encounters when they easily outshine destruction :P

so, for ST with good target switch, better demo or aff? i think aff and demo so close. both are dot dmg (demon is dot) and with high ramp up.

What do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    so, for ST with good target switch, better demo or aff? i think aff and demo so close. both are dot dmg (demon is dot) and with high ramp up.

What do you recommend?
    Both demo and aff have basically non-existent target swap. They're both ST sustained turrets for the most part.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    We'll see. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Both demo and aff have basically non-existent target swap. They're both ST sustained turrets for the most part.
    Affliction doesn't have snap burst like Destro, but it's still not as slow as Demo. 2 or 3 UAs + Drain is good for killing a priority add.

It's such an easy problem to fix ... scrap wreak havoc, extend the cool down on havoc and buff single target damage!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I'd say Affli is better for target switch than Demo, put up corr on shortlived adds, a few UA's and go to town with drain.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    I'd say Affli is better for target switch than Demo, put up corr on shortlived adds, a few UA's and go to town with drain.
    Nice avatar @Inshabel.

OT: Destro will be fine in ToS, but that may change depending on 7.2.5
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

i want play with destro, but i don't have any destro legendary.

i have Reap and soul (aff), kazzak's final curse (demo) and sindorei spite (demo, but this buff work with destro)

so, worth change spec now 7.2, mid-end expansion? legendary drop rate is low, so, It will take time to get new legendary for destro
    Last edited by Kyrios; 2017-03-29 at 08:11 PM.

@Kyrios that's up to you man. The generic legendaries (trinket, neck, sephuz) are all actually pretty solid for the spec. Destro really only has 2 spec specific legendaries that are good, and 3 really mediocre ones.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    i want play with destro, but i don't have any destro legendary.

i have Reap and soul (aff), kazzak's final curse (demo) and sindorei spite (demo, but this buff work with destro)

so, worth change spec now 7.2, mid-end expansion? legendary drop rate is low, so, It will take time to get new legendary for destro
    sindorei spite are the 3rd (and sometimes depending of the fight's duration mono/st etc. can be 2nd.) So indeed, you just seek one good legendary : the belt or the shoulders. Maybe you can target them with the nethershards ?

Destro damage is always going to be tuned around the fact that you can Havoc, so I don't think it's very likely to ever be better than the other warlock specs at single target. Unless of course they bring Focused Chaos into PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    Destro damage is always going to be tuned around the fact that you can Havoc, so I don't think it's very likely to ever be better than the other warlock specs at single target. Unless of course they bring Focused Chaos into PvE.
    Makes me sort of wish we never had havoc or Havoc never, ever affecting CB

That and the fact CB became that low dmg spammable spell instead of hard hitting thing.

Chaos Bolt ~700-900k vs Howling Blast from frost DK for 4mln and also aoe :P

I wish we went back to the time when CB was the hardest hitting spell in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    It's such an easy problem to fix ... scrap wreak havoc, extend the cool down on havoc and buff single target damage!
    Would be also cool if Chaos Bolt always took maximum mastery benefity or x2 mastery value (with havoc not affecting CB and/or no wreak havoc, that would be decent + up dmg on Incin and Conf)

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Makes me sort of wish we never had havoc or Havoc never, ever affecting CB

That and the fact CB became that low dmg spammable spell instead of hard hitting thing.

Chaos Bolt ~700-900k vs Howling Blast from frost DK for 4mln and also aoe :P

I wish we went back to the time when CB was the hardest hitting spell in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be also cool if Chaos Bolt always took maximum mastery benefity or x2 mastery value (with havoc not affecting CB and/or no wreak havoc, that would be decent + up dmg on Incin and Conf)
    Look at TOS Destro Tier, I have a feeling its going to be really good.