Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, by making WoW2, this game needs an engine update anyways.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Levels aint the problem, WoW is just got to big with the zones.
    Way to many zones to be in.
    Most of those zones alts dont ever see due to how fast it is to level these days. I dont see an issue with the game at all.

New players enjoy the leveling process. You don't because you've done it many times. For new players it's all new and fun. Also it's very fast if they wanna skip everything for some reason. There are many guides for powerleveling. Seems you're more concerned about your new alts?

They absolutely need to do something with the leveling process, it has gotten ridiculous. The Cataclysm re-shaped the world after only two expansions. We are now THREE removed from Cata and even more places like Outland and Northrend have yet to be updated. I can't be the only person that absolutely cringes at the thought of levelling from 60-80. For me the fun just comes to a grinding halt at that point. The quests are not laid out as well as modern quests nor are they as fun. The drop rates on many quest items are still ridiculous compared to up-to-date quests as are the numbers needed for kill quests (looking at you Nagrand).

Levelling does not progress you through the story effectively as you outlevel individual zones entirely too fast. You can be doing quests from 70-100 and the Horde is playing musical chairs with the title of Warchief. They really need to step back and revamp things as much as people are inclined to hate it because all they want is max level content. If not I hope they are planning a WoW 2 in secret because it is like people have already stated: you don't see many 'new players' at max level. They get into the ugliness that is the level grind and burn out fast.

I think it would be best to bring levels way down, let you level initially in Azeroth. Then similar to how you choose a zone to assault in the Broken Isles you choose an 'expansion' to go to . You go through an up-to-date version of Outland (maybe connect Draenor somehow?), Northrend, or Pandaria in which you are preparing for the Legion and then move on to the current Broken Isles and continue the story. That would give you time to actually utilize and see the entire continent as well as giving a lot more diversity for alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dabanks07 View Post
    They absolutely need to do something with the leveling process, it has gotten ridiculous.
    I agree. Except I think it's gotten ridiculous how easy it is to get alts. Getting a single max level alt should be a significant achievement, which should mean sacrificing your main progress for it. It doesn't feel much of an RPG when it's trivial to get any number of max level characters.

Therefore I would significantly decrease the leveling speed. Ideally bringing it down to the original speed for each release. It would be great if casually leveling a character from 1 to max would take about a year, rather than the game rushing you through all the content in a few weeks to get you to the "end game".

Scale zones, allow us to level in any zone up to 100 or whatever, then make the current content only 100-110 or 110-120. I Would gladly do 1-100 in EK/Kalimdor zones.

Quote Originally Posted by anklestabber View Post
    It doesn't feel much of an RPG when it's trivial to get any number of max level characters.
    Unless the game allows us to experience all classes on 1 toon, have all professions on them, and see all the lore on it, then nope. Alts should be easy to start at least.

You want to see all the story? Need to have at least 1 of each class in Legion, preferably characters of both factions and maybe even different races.

And in the game that has 12 classes, 13 races and 36 specs how can you even find what you like and enjoy the most if you couldn't try various things out, experiment and then maybe stick to some main.

That was one of the biggest flaw in vanilla, many people were stuck with randomly picked classes because it took long to level, and often picked them for wrong reasons (bazillion hunters cuz easier to survive solo), or assumptions what the class will be based on other games, for example many expected druids to be mostly feral (master shapeshifters) and paladins to be ret (shiny knights with a big weapon smiting evil), while Blizzard design meant them back then to be mostly support classes (healers, buffers etc.)

Class trial was a step in a good direction, but it could use some refinement.

I would love to see a squish in more ways than one. Similar to the one back in, was it Cataclysm. Running around with so many millions of health and what not, now.
    I would not mind a level squish either.

I thought scaling everything would be great, but the more I think about it, the less I want it; based on the reaction over the last days; most want to feel more powerful as they level up/gear up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Unless the game allows us to experience all classes on 1 toon, have all professions on them, and see all the lore on it, then nope. Alts should be easy to start at least.

You want to see all the story? Need to have at least 1 of each class in Legion, preferably characters of both factions and maybe even different races.
    Why should that be the goal? Why should the goal be to do and see everything? The game should provide meaningful, interesting experiences every time you sit down to play. If it does that, it makes no difference whether you see 5% or 50% of the content.

I would argue the exact opposite should be the goal. You should not be able to have all professions, be able to do all the things etc. Because if you can, by definition the game no longer has any meaningful choices in it. You should have to make real choices; going through one door should close another. It leads to diversity, which leads to cooperation, which leads to healthy communities.

That was one of the biggest flaw in vanilla
    It was one of the best things in vanilla. It is a proven fact that more choice makes you less happy. If you pick a class and you know you cannot change it, your mind will manufacture happiness and you will enjoy playing that class. If you always have a choice to jump onto a different class, you will be less happy.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's free per expansion
    Yea, 1 char though. If you get bored of that one class, or want to try out another or they make changes that ruin the class for you the you're kind of back at square one. Instead of trying out an alt people just quit..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, we dont need a level squish
    #1 boost
    #2 leveling is so fast anyway.
    Except it's not fast enough to outpace how tedious it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is pointless and should be removed from the game.