Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that would be the most moronic reason to nerf a spec tho, but then again, you could argue that nighthold is pure melee favoritism but it would make more sense to buff the other ranged up to their lvl or nerf melee down to ranged lvl but then again blizz reasoning for nerfing fire was bullshit and we all know it.
    The issue is that we are already maintaining 90%+ uptime on icyveins. At some point during tomb, provided we can stack haste properly, it will be an easy 100%. This can't happen from a developper point of view, fire and SP were already nerfed because they were scaling too hard.

Hence, it will be nerfed. That's almost a certainty. How it will be nerfed is the more interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by Geroaergaroe View Post
    The issue is that we are already maintaining 90%+ uptime on icyveins. At some point during tomb, provided we can stack haste properly, it will be an easy 100%. This can't happen from a developper point of view, fire and SP were already nerfed because they were scaling too hard.

Hence, it will be nerfed. That's almost a certainty. How it will be nerfed is the more interesting question.
    I figure they'll just make the Flurry freeze debuff apply to the next ice lance and only the next ice lance. seems like the most obvious fix to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geroaergaroe View Post

you still need pretty damn good RNG to maintain IV for that long tho, it isnt something that just arbitrarily happens bcoz you push the icy veins button, for example ive tried to not get a single fingers of frost or brainfreeze proc for the first 30 secs of bloodlust several times, even frozen orb didnt give me FoF procs, so it is definately not garanteed and its definately not the average, once it does, then you'll have a point.

and if you think fire was nerfed bcoz it scaled too well, then i think you're confusing old school fire with new school fire, fire scaled porrly prior to the nerf and ironically better after the nerf, pity they undertuned the spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I figure they'll just make the Flurry freeze debuff apply to the next ice lance and only the next ice lance. seems like the most obvious fix to me
    ill gladly take that 7ish% nerf if they made the bosses a less melee friendly, if anything its the melee dps that needs the nerf, not the ranged, you can say what you will about frost, but its still the melee dps, that for the most part, reigns supreme and are much more inclined to get a nerf more than anything else tbh.