Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Several? One side mission takes a fleeting glance at it and it is never mentioned again when it would have been appropriate to make sure to build more bridges with the exciles. There are also quite a few implications towards us essentially killing mentally ill people, I killed a shit ton of them on Kadara.
    That's just one explanation. Add the other facts like getting to an unknown galaxy, living in shitty conditions in the Nexus because of the Scourge, the munity and the exiles, pure xenophobia and the death of the leadership all at once. Heleus cluster is a complete shithole before the Hyperion arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    i am little disappointed with the lack of choices. you can´t kill most of the npc or be a bad guy.
    your choices doesn´t really matter.
    What? Many times I forced myself not to kill because I'm playing a peaceful explorer and even so I shot the asari that was after the remtec and killed Annae after I choose to kick her from the water monopoly. The game is actually full of meaningful choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What? Many times I forced myself not to kill because I'm playing a peaceful explorer and even so I shot the asari that was after the remtec and killed Annae after I choose to kick her from the water monopoly. The game is actually full of meaningful choices.
    Neither of these had any real effect on the story. I'm fairly certain that you never caught the one of your second example as well, since she just buggers off into hiding afaik.

As for the other thing, there is quite a difference between mutiny out of desperation (the Turian in the Cell is a good example for a plausible case in the game) and downright devolving into mad max because you can.Though there is another explanation, but the game does not resolve that plot point for now.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-04-01 at 11:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Asari are pansexual! That's it, Bioware. I'm done. I won't ever buy anything from you again!/s
    I know this is sarcasm but it brings up the scene where an Asari is explaining to an Angara about themselves. The Asari says how they are mono-gendered and most use female pronouns, but some identify with the male pronouns instead.

[[transcript since holo-Jien insisted on talking over them:
    asari: Yes, the gender binary of other races is irrelevant to us.
    angara: I’ve been using feminine pronouns this entire time. Should I-
    asari: In my case it’s fine to continue. Thank you for asking, I appreciate it. Some asari prefer male pronouns, while others gravitate toward gender-neutral where language allows.
    angara: My people have several pronouns to identify themselves with. Perhaps I should prepare a document.
    asari: Please do.]]
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/27/150...asari-pronouns
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I know this is sarcasm but it brings up the scene where an Asari is explaining to an Angara about themselves. The Asari says how they are mono-gendered and most use female pronouns, but some identify with the male pronouns instead.

Oh no, the socio-parasitic race of space sluts now identifies as attack choppers - and that is canon now. /sigh

Deleted
    Neither of these had any real effect on the story. I'm fairly certain that you never caught the one of your second example as well, since she just buggers off into hiding afaik.
    They affect the end game story and I randomly found Annea's hideout while I was exploring Eleedan, she wasn't happy seeing me again and started shooting me.

As for the other thing, there is quite a difference between mutiny out of desperation (the Turian in the Cell is a good example for a plausible case in the game) and downright devolving into mad max because you can.
    Because it is a Mad Max situation. Heleus is a shithole that can't sustain the Milky Way species (besides the Krogan). It also doesn't help that the Nexus leadership is responsible for the half of the pirate groups around, like the Spender one and Three Sisters(?) created by Addison herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    64 hours played so far and enjoyed every minute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Reminds me of...

"Eh, well... Benezia was her mother, and I... was her father."
    "You mean, you were her another mother?"
    "I didn't pop her out."
    "I'm sorry, if you were a human, you would both be mothers."
    "Well, I'm not a human, am I? Anthropocentric bag of dicks."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    One completely side quest npc phrase over thousands of other phrases in the game? Really?

Fuck, for a game full of philosophical questions about God and creation and reproduction, ME:A is the least SJW game of all Bioware games.

- - - Updated - - -

They explained it several times along the game.
    It's more the implementation of it that makes it feel forced. No trans person in real life will ever come out and tell you about that to a random stranger so soon, if at all, unless pushed on the issue. Most just want to be accepted and left alone, without it becoming something extra noteworthy. The difference to Krem in DA:I is that there were more to the character of Krem than "hi, I'm trans!" within the first conversation with the character.

The DA:I team were clearly aware of this, seeing as how one of their lead writers said this in a blog post about it in 2014, but that lesson seemingly didn't carry over into ME:A. Why, I don't know, break down of communication between writing team leads, or simply lack there off?
    ...Any conversation about the subject had to come up naturally in-game. A minor character like a shopkeeper would have no reason to explain that she is trans, so either the conversation would never come up or it would come up because her voice was clearly masculine, at which point it would look like a joke to most players, no matter how we tried to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Mea has gays and transexuals, guess what we have them in real life, pretending they don't exist is the antithesis of realisem.
    In all fairness, unless they can actually make you a woman in the mass effect universe, there is no way they would have brought a transsexual unless they helped fund them. No way are they going to try to recreate humanity with 20k people if a third cant or wont have kids.

But then again alot of stuff in Mass effect Andromeda is silly/doesn't make sense if you think about it. Like you couldn't just have your squad mates go save the Salarians while you go rescue the Krogans. Or how you are 4 mins from pick up when your dying in the beginning and Sam can reconfigure your dads body but instead of making him capable of holding his breath for 4 minutes(if he cant already) or him taking his helm back for a couple of seconds, he just says fuck it and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    In all fairness, unless they can actually make you a woman in the mass effect universe, there is no way they would have brought a transsexual unless they helped fund them. No way are they going to try to recreate humanity with 20k people if a third cant or wont have kids.

But then again alot of stuff in Mass effect Andromeda is silly/doesn't make sense if you think about it. Like you couldn't just have your squad mates go save the Salarians while you go rescue the Krogans. Or how you are 4 mins from pick up when your dying in the beginning and Sam can reconfigure your dads body but instead of making him capable of holding his breath for 4 minutes(if he cant already) or him taking his helm back for a couple of seconds, he just says fuck it and dies.
    The last one is explained by the planet's air being toxic. Swapping helmets just means both of you are dead.

And sending squadmates to save the Salarians (or Krogans) sounds good until you've watched Scooby-Doo. Splitting up the gang never ends well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Maybe, but my build is more centered around shooting than using power. I want my sniper rifle to maximize headshot damage, so that fusion mod goes right out the window.

I can see using that mod as a biotic (assuming that a biotic fights the same as one did in ME3, where I hardly even used my gun.)
    Sure I hear ya. I'm a big biotics fan (because if a game ever gives you the option to use magic, use magic!) and I am fairly addicted to Charge, Nova, Shockwave and even more Charge.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I mean honestly, they'd probably mostly be aiming to use artificial insemination for most pregnancies, at least at the start. They want to control how often everyone gets pregnant, as well as with who to prevent too much inbreeding until they have a bigger population.

For all we know complete biological m to f could be a thing in the mass effect universe, as complex gene therapy exists, Look at Miranda, she is like 73 something percent her father with a altered y chromosome, she had issues with her uterus but presumably has ovary's. I know Miranda was built from the ground up that way not born a full man but it is possible.

Even if Hainly is sterile now, she could have stored genetic material. We know the Nexus keeps excess gene stock if they need to use it, so i doubt being trans is a or even not wanting kids is a disqalifer, they let Gil in and he is gay and seems pretty against kids.

If they have to they can just mix up some babies in a lab.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-02 at 02:27 AM.

Does the game ever explain why there are no quarians or batarians?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah, at the very end, you can read it from one terminal and technic finding out about it.
    Quarian Ark may ended up somwhere else and getting beat up way more than the Turian one. Also Batarians didn´t come, ´cause they got rekt before arks departed.. you know.. the whole "Arrival" DLC events.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You got a source for that? because there's no reference to time dilation anywhere on the mass effect lore. Prothean tech, and Mass Effect technology essentially allow ships to completely bypass all laws of physics as we know today.

A ship in ME traveling at FTL speeds can go from 1 solar system to another in a matter of minutes. The closest solar system to us is Alpha Centauri, located at 4.1 lightyears away from us. In real life, a ship traveling at the speed of light, would take 4 years to travel from Sol to Alpha Centauri.

A ship in Mass Effect however, can travel from Sol to Alpha Centauri in like 10 minutes. 10 minutes pass within the ship, 10 minutes pass outside the ship.

The Arks traveled from the Milky Way, to Andromeda. It took 600 years to make the trip. 600 years passed outside the ship. 600 years passed inside the ship. This is why everyone had to be put in cryosleep, otherwise everyone but krogan and asari would be long dead before we got there. If inside the ship only 8 months passed between departure and arrival, there'd be no need to put anyone in cryo.
    There are many major Mass Relays in MW connecting star clusters, then many more minor MR connecting single systems that have somehow viable planets. Taking your example, going to AC would take couple seconds, because MR connecting Sol > AC.

edit: nevermind... scratch that.. missed that bold part but noticed only the underlined part
    FTL drives are devices which allow ships to travel at FTL speeds through space. FTL drive cores work by exposing element zero to electric currents, creating mass effect fields. It reduces the mass of an object, such as a starship, to a point where velocities faster than the speed of light are possible. With a mass effect drive, roughly a dozen light-years can be traversed in the course of a day's cruise without bending space-time and causing time dilation.
    Last edited by DaveL; 2017-04-02 at 03:08 AM.

So i just did Peebees loyalty and damn that was brutal, Ryder shooting kalinda's had so she falls into a pit of lava inorder to make peebee save the device. No regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Batarians wouldent have even been allowed to join, Quarians drell hanar ect had a ark that got delayed

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this one is most stupid cliché.. While your suit have shields and own life support, you can modify shield frequency to make a temporal buble, shielding you from surrounding air and fill it with your LS oxygen.. You had plenty time to fire up that omnitool medigel fix-em-up when you fell down from the rocks at the beginning, you could do it again. However.. ain´t nobody got time for dat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    So i just did Peebees loyalty and damn that was brutal, Ryder shooting kalinda's had so she falls into a pit of lava inorder to make peebee save the device. No regrets
    But saving her, make her come in the last fight at meridian.. but fuck her, she was a douche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    But saving her, make her come in the last fight at meridian.. but fuck her, she was a douche
    which is why I shot her
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    MEA and especially Ryder character has already won me with many epic sarcastic lines. Sometimes on par with Fallout 4´s sarcastic dialouge option.

And then there is that face:

"I´m really getting tired of your shit, Liam"

So its safe to say the Cerberus theory was correct. The only people who had knowledge of the Reapers at the time were the Shadowbroker and TIM. Both had the means, but only one had the motive.