Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    no matter what you SJWs all think. Good move by china. Smart people

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty mild by Chinese standards, to be fair. Usually, instead of banning beards, they send in the army to kill people off!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpDidNothingWrong View Post
    So far, we've just been wondering how you could be so bad at geography and history despite having the whole internet at your disposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

yeaaaah religious oppression wooooooo.

I agree that they shouldnt be allowed to wear those veils. Its demeaning in the first place and a show of oppression !

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    To be clear, some of these measures are good. Prohibitions on advocating extremist thoughts, prohibitions on distribution of extremist materials. These prohibitions are legitimate measures.

But things like mandatory GPS trackers in cars, and mandatory state radio and television programming are where it crosses the line.
    China has been attempting to flood Tibet and Xinjiang with ethnic Han Chinese as well as modifying or downright restricting certain cultural customs in order to try to assimilate them into Han culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeaaaah religious oppression wooooooo.
    Religion as a whole is a degenerate concept that contributes nothing positive to society.

even China has muslims.

is there not a single piece of peaceful piece of earth left where they haven't spread?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    China has been attempting to flood Tibet and Xinjiang with ethnic Han Chinese as well as modifying or downright restricting certain cultural customs in order to try to assimilate them into Han culture.
    Yeah, this is sort of a consequence of the thinking that anyone who isn't ethnic Han is inferior. This is a problem in many Asian cultures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Religion as a whole is a degenerate concept that contributes nothing positive to society.
    Religious art over the centuries has been pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    that's a nice opinion, while I agree with this sentiment to an extent, personal freedom takes precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yeah, this is sort of a consequence of the thinking that anyone who isn't ethnic Han is inferior. This is a problem in many Asian cultures.
    They may partially be it, but in my opinion I think the major reason why China is doing this is because they want to maintain control of regions they've conquered or annexed like Tibet, Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia. It's much harder for Tibet to gain independence if a majority of the region isn't Tibetan.

In short I don't think they want to become another Soviet Union where regions that were culturally distinct enough from Russia seceded (.i.e. Poland, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The best things about Asian Countries when they do these types of things, is they couldn't give a shit what bleeding hearts in the Western World think.
    A person would almost think that China has a communist government.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's China. Not exactly a country known for strong human rights. :P No one should be shocked.

good on the veil ban, bad on the beard ban. i mean, i don't really see most chinese men growing beards, but they should be able to. beards aren't just religious, even if they are recommended in some religions. bearded is the only way for men, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    A person would almost think that China has a communist government.
    Definitely authoritarian but China is as communist as North Korea is democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I agree that they shouldnt be allowed to wear those veils. Its demeaning in the first place and a show of oppression !
    People shouldn't be allowed to wear a piece of cloth if they choose to do it? If anything, it is oppression for the government to not allow that freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hope China wins then. Chinese people way more peacefull then islam.

[Infracted]
    Banned for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Definitely authoritarian but China is as communist as North Korea is democratic.
    If China a communist country? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    If China a communist country? A simple yes or no will suffice.
    it's not as simple as yes or no. almost nothing ever is.

it has some communism, but it also has some free market capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not as simple as yes or no. almost nothing ever is.

it has some communism, but it also has some free market capitalism.
    It is a communist government with capitalism. Yes, they are communist.