Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    also I hope they don't go the "it's free but you really really really need a subscription to do anything" route like some games *cough* star wars *cough*
    Sounds like there's an in-game currency you can earn that will let you get things from the cash shop. So while weapons beyond your first two may be locked in the cash shop, you'll still be able to work towards it.

And subscription benefits are apparently largely remaining the same. They're taking a F2P positive rather than F2P negative approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So this relaunch thing is completely free? I wasn't interested in this game at first since I tend to prefer medieval-ish fantasy, didn't know it was story-driven though. Might be worth trying out once it (re)launches.
    Yup, proper F2P this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So this relaunch thing is completely free? I wasn't interested in this game at first since I tend to prefer medieval-ish fantasy, didn't know it was story-driven though. Might be worth trying out once it (re)launches.
    TSW's story and missions put to shame other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    TSW's story and missions put to shame other MMOs.
    it's just sad that every other part of the game brought this down
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

it's just sad that every other part of the game brought this down
    Yup, I wish the other parts of the game were up to par with the story and investigation missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sounds like there's an in-game currency you can earn that will let you get things from the cash shop. So while weapons beyond your first two may be locked in the cash shop, you'll still be able to work towards it.
    This is real good. I'm not one that looks to have evrything fast, and giving me the possibility to hunt and farm the stuff i want is definitely cool. I have zero issues with people unlocking thing faster than me with real money if i can do the same over time (even if it takes more).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And subscription benefits are apparently largely remaining the same. They're taking a F2P positive rather than F2P negative approach.
    Also for Grand master accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Also for Grand master accounts?
    They've confirmed that it will transfer over. Not all the details on what it will grant necessarily, but I believe they've confirmed the lifetime sub aspect, at the very least.

Successfully reserved my new name, very happy and excited.

I'll be Vespa, looking forward to seeing folks in the new launch :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Successfully reserved my new name, very happy and excited.

I'll be Vespa, looking forward to seeing folks in the new launch :P
    is linking available yet? I wanna get all weapons unlocked just in case this turns out to be a good update
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

is linking available yet? I wanna get all weapons unlocked just in case this turns out to be a good update
    Haven't noticed the option pop up, just name reservations currently.

So, with me having bought the game some time ago - can I count for some bonuses (some unlocks, premium currency etc.) in the SWL?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    So, with me having bought the game some time ago - can I count for some bonuses (some unlocks, premium currency etc.) in the SWL?
    You'll at least have all the weapons unlocked, it's sounding like weapons beyond the first two are locked behind a paywall/grind for folks who don't own TSW base game.

The population cap on maps will apparently be 10...............yes 10 people.

Ugh....Hopefully that changes because that sounds horrendous. One of my main complaints of TSW was how empty every map was, and it looks like it will be even worse this time around.

It's now more like Destiny than it already was previously.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-04-11 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Ugh....Hopefully that changes because that sounds horrendous. One of my main complaints of TSW was how empty every map was, and it looks like it will be even worse this time around.

Guess it depends how you play/what you hope to see.

I feel it'll help the atmosphere. Seeing 30 people in a haunted theme park you're investigating wasn't too spooky on release. Kingsmouth was incredibly packed. Replaying it much later felt much more satisfying when only 3-4 people were running about nearby.

But I simultaneously see why it could make an MMO feel empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I feel it'll help the atmosphere. Seeing 30 people in a haunted theme park you're investigating wasn't too spooky on release. Kingsmouth was incredibly packed. Replaying it much later felt much more satisfying when only 3-4 people were running about nearby.
    These are my thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Don't expect it to, they're very much pivoting away from MMO's (Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, and TSW are all in maintenance mode with no more active development) and have been making it painfully clear that Secret World Legends is not a MMO. It will have certain MMO elements carried over, and there will be larger communal areas in Agartha/faction areas as far as I know, but they're presenting it much more in the style of a game like Destiny, as you said.

The assumption is that a console port is on the table if it performs well on PC, which jives with a lot of the changes being made so far already (even if they're denying it).

There will still be guilds and grouping and the like, it's just not going to be a proper MMO anymore. Agreed with Sixnalia though, honestly having super populated maps kinda undercut a lot of the horror elements/themes of the game, and it's a game that really pushes atmosphere hard and does it very well.

That actually sounds cooler - i prefer to see few people every time than 2 or 3 zone super packed and the rest empty. How much can i expect to progress by playing solo for the most part?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That actually sounds cooler - i prefer to see few people every time than 2 or 3 zone super packed and the rest empty. How much can i expect to progress by playing solo for the most part?
    The only limited would be dungeons. Which add to the story, but do not dominate a zone story or always end with you needing the dungeon to finish a story.

Practically everything else can be done solo to take in the story.
    Dungeons are pretty fun though, my favorite being the Hell dungeons which have a central character you see progress as a leadership figure as you go to each dungeon.

But yeah, most of the game can be solo. And the extra investigation missions of each issue were solo too. Leading to a new weapon normally. Like Last Train to Cairo, which had many Indiana Jones elements. There's even a James bond one too

Nice to know. I suppose i can do dungeons later on, or group with random people depending on difficulty. Are dungeons extremely hard or doable with a normal pug?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nice to know. I suppose i can do dungeons later on, or group with random people depending on difficulty. Are dungeons extremely hard or doable with a normal pug?
    Doable with a pug on Normal difficulty. Mechanics are more complex than leveling dungeons in some other mmos like WoW. But not super complex like raiding stuff.

As an example, the final boss in the first dungeon shifts reality. You have to hide from it as it begins patrolling. You have to hide behind pillars of stone as it lurks around, while fighting off spawns of adds. The adds are slightly avoidable, the more you fight the more spawn.

Stuff like that. But normal was tuned to be doable with a pug.