Poll: Will you unsub WoW with ilvl scaling?

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Are you sure, you cannot exactly sell Legendary items to vendor to test and get them back.

Obviously we cannot trust what Blizzard says.
    You could sell all your items for that 3rd legendary slot and if it scales down you know the legendary does not have an affect on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    You could sell all your items for that 3rd legendary slot and if it scales down you know the legendary does not have an affect on it.
    Oh, good point. You sneaky bugger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Oh, good point. You sneaky bugger.
    I did main a rogue

Good, glad you unsubbed, you don't deserve to play this game or any other game for that matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this game needs to get smaller, so good, no one will miss you.

The drama about this change is so retarded. They increased everything, its normal they increased the world too. Not unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Maybe this game needs to get smaller, so good, no one will miss you.

The drama about this change is so retarded. They increased everything, its normal they increased the world too. Not unexpected.
    Normal? First time in 13 years they have done it. Not what I would call normal.

I gotta be honest here. I didn't even notice the scaling until someone else pointed it out and then there was a blue post. It felt no different to me lol.

The 11% saying this is worth unsubbing are already unsubbed or were going to unsub anyway. Anyone playing the game knows its barely noticeable. The "Im going to unsub over x" people are the bitch hair cut "I demand to speak to the manager." of WoW.

Lol uhhhh they scaled the changes back though? I don't notice a thing. Not sure what people are going on about. But bye. One less flake to play the game. Quitting over the smallest things is childish.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    It's pretty ridiculous. It undermines the idea that you gain power against the world around you, even if it's just minor scaling to prevent "mob one shots", what they should really be looking out for is designing world quests with this power creep in mind. Less "Kill 300 of these things" and more "Do these things, pick up these items, also kill these things". I've never understood why Blizzard has to take the back ass route and make a big deal out of doing so instead of tweaking things in the background and not saying shit to literally the same effect.

This exact thing reminds me of anti-flight, where they could just have modified how they create quests (which hasn't changed since the beginning of the game) instead of removing (now time gating) a beloved feature of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Lol uhhhh they scaled the changes back though? I don't notice a thing. Not sure what people are going on about. But bye. One less flake to play the game. Quitting over the smallest things is childish.
    If you haven't noticed, every single person on the internet is basically a petulant child.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I did main a rogue
    I done as you suggested, sold the only neck item I had so all that was left was the Legendary and there was 0 change.

Sold my belt and the mobs health went down so as far as I can tell if you have Legendary items you cannot equip they WILL have an effect on enemy scaling.

This is some serious bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    The 11% saying this is worth unsubbing are already unsubbed or were going to unsub anyway. Anyone playing the game knows its barely noticeable. The "Im going to unsub over x" people are the bitch hair cut "I demand to speak to the manager." of WoW.
    If it was unnoticeable than taking off a piece of gear or selling it under the current changes wouldn't net you such a significant increase in power over other mobs.

The main problem I have is not every slot is equal in power yet they all equally increase the power of mobs on the broken isle. So you have a situation where getting an upgrade in the rings, belts, boots, necks, or gloves actually makes you weaker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Bye. No one cares
    Totally agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Normal? First time in 13 years they have done it. Not what I would call normal.
    Because at the beginning they never had to. You didn't have 90% of the WoW playerbase oneshotting everything after the first tier. This is why they do it. It's normal that they took this approach since blizzard is trying to make content last longer. Remember vanilla? The game lots of people idolized? TBC even. High HP mobs is a tool devs have to make content last longer. It's part of the development decision. If you can pull everything and AOE them down, its 5x times faster to finish a quest than if you have to kill 1 by 1.
    Power inflation is high this expansion for most of the playerbase because its the first time they implemented the titanforge mechanic. You can't call precedents, because there isn't a precedent for the current power inflation we have.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-04-02 at 07:51 PM.

All my toons have shit gear so it is the same old same old for me.

Its not enough to unsub for me yet but it is close to the final nail the coffin. I may just unsub and let my time run out in June. I figure that will let me get through this raid tier and then I'll quit.

It was oh so much fun as an 890 Boomkin getting killed by murlocs on the broken shore or actually having to cast heal spells and use barkskin. Even with the supposed rollbacks on the scaling, taking off a legendary ring I could see the HP drop. Yay grinding. I guess spending time on my off specs did help at least. I can't imagine what pure healers or tanks have to put up with now.

if something like this causes you to unsub, or even seriously consider unsubbing, then you're looking for a reason to unsub because you're tired of the game but too addicted to just stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays people are more compelled to un-sub over a something so little JUST SO they can post about it and over exaggerate the issue; inflated with their opinions on why it is so bad.

You unsubbed because of item level scaling?

Trimming the fat of the people who play this game. Honestly the community is better off with people like yourself who can't stand issues that are so easily avoidable (like not being able to kill things because of sub-par gear) by doing what? PLAYING THE GAME. (Getting better gear and killing things faster do to better stats)

At the end of the day, your justifications for unsubbing + posting pictures proving of how a veteran of the game you might be or time/money spent towards a game you once loved, are your justifications. Your opinions why.

Your reasoning is flaccid.

You yourself stated you're only sticking it out because of your guild raids. RAIDING TO GET BETTER GEAR, and you can't tough it out during world quests due to item level???

No sense made. You just wanted to make a whine thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    if something like this causes you to unsub, or even seriously consider unsubbing, then you're looking for a reason to unsub because you're tired of the game but too addicted to just stop.
    ^

Deleted
    what scaling? cant even tell the difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Because at the beginning they never had to. You didn't have 90% of the WoW playerbase oneshotting everything after the first tier. This is why they do it. It's normal that they took this approach since blizzard is trying to make content last longer. Remember vanilla? The game lots of people idolized? TBC even. High HP mobs is a tool devs have to make content last longer. It's part of the development decision. If you can pull everything and AOE them down, its 5x times faster to finish a quest than if you have to kill 1 by 1.
    Power inflation is high this expansion for most of the playerbase because its the first time they implemented the titanforge mechanic. You can't call precedents, because there isn't a precedent for the current power inflation we have.
    Wonder why they decided to make it so high. So they can justify ilvl scaling and slow content in general. They could have just slowed the ilvl progression between raid content, but it's just not in their end design goals. They want you to play for less reward to keep you playing. It's a billion dollar franchise they'll have looked into those details during the development of the expansion.