Thread: Farm to win?

Deleted

Farm to win?

So with 7.2 ALL artifact traits will be enabled in arena.

Meaning that the people who have the time to farm AP will have a significant edge over the people who have jobs or w/e.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Personally i feel legion has been one big fan service for the PvP community, besides the RNG aspect.
    But this i feel is a major fuck up, i can accept the base artifacts being part of pvp but the infinite traits should be left out since you can in theory outfarm someone in AP and do 15% more dmg than them because of it, which is just all kinds of stupid.

especially because this expansion has been all about Skill > Gear

Is it stupid? Certainly.

Will it change? lolno
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Check out Asmongold's 'Patch 7.2 AP and AK Scaling Breakdown' on youtube.

That'll explain the system a bit for you.

You dont need to farm to win, the AK scaling is designed in a way where you'll never be able to out farm the scaling (at least until the end of July). Any effort you put into no life farming now will be rendered useless in a month because a player with a job will be able to out farm you in a matter of days what took you weeks to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Personally i feel legion has been one big fan service for the PvP community, besides the RNG aspect.
    ROFLMAO

You see these artifact traits "suddenly" working in arena as a rare step back. Me and tons of other people here and on the official forums / reddit / everywhere see it as one more idiocy in a long string of idiocies compared even to WoD which was far from perfect.

Half of the rated PVP community voted with their feet. No exaggeration, that's in the numbers.

So, welcome to real life, glad you woke up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azztigma View Post
    You dont need to farm to win, the AK scaling is designed in a way where you'll never be able to out farm the scaling (at least until the end of July). Any effort you put into no life farming now will be rendered useless in a month because a player with a job will be able to out farm you in a matter of days what took you weeks to get.
    And in that month that player will have an advantage over you.

That's the definition of "I have to farm, because if I don't, I am gimped".

Not being able to "outfarm the scaling" is nearly completely irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    So with 7.2 ALL artifact traits will be enabled in arena.

Meaning that the people who have the time to farm AP will have a significant edge over the people who have jobs or w/e.
    What are your thoughts on this?

But this i feel is a major fuck up, i can accept the base artifacts being part of pvp but the infinite traits should be left out since you can in theory outfarm someone in AP and do 15% more dmg than them because of it, which is just all kinds of stupid.

especially because this expansion has been all about Skill > Gear
    I'm sorry what. Skill over gear? You can have skill with gear, gear Is just the deciding factor In equal power, If you don't dedicate to getting stronger gear you're not among the top, that's It. It's never been that broken, hell It was fixed well enough In WoD and with enough tweeks that could've worked, the whole "Scaling gear ilevel when you're PvPing" that worked. If we just had gear that was honor gear, and with a base stats of say 840, but then It scales to like 940, so not even mythic raiding gear Is better, and that scaling only applies to when youre PvPing and In BGs. And the top ilevel right now Is 925, so that'd solve the Issue surely?

They made these solutions but DONT USE THEM.

Legion Is the worst time for PvP, and If you hadn't noticed people who got to spam PvE content and grind AP were much stronger In PvP than those who didn't. It's been an issue for 7 months and It won't go away with 7.2.

You are right though, Legion Is one big fan service. Just not to PvP, they're fan servicing everything, Xavius and the nightmare, Illidan and demon hunters, Dalaran, everything... Legion's not helped PvP at all. The Prestige system is okay? Honor talents are whatever, don't care. But the rest for PvP sucks, you need high end PvP gear and If Blizz won't fix that PvPers will go away, and loose a good chunk of their already failing subs.

Quote Originally Posted by azztigma View Post
    Check out Asmongold's 'Patch 7.2 AP and AK Scaling Breakdown' on youtube.

That'll explain the system a bit for you.

That's not what it's about. It's about alts and new players. If you're a new player you're months upon months behind a fully AK'd and AP'd out player. And while yes there has always been a farm in PvP this one is far, far, far longer than ever before (and its impact far greater).

It took me ~1 hour to go from AK14 to 26. and then another hour to go from AL 17 to 36