Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You don't have a problem with the extra screening, but you have a problem with the extra screening. Get over it.
    I normally don't ignore anyone but I'm not going to indulge someone further who is deliberately missing the point due to their own privilege, a word I try not to use but it fits here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Cheers mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    If they are for,er pakistani then my verdict is; toughh titties. Practically speaking you share charecteristics with people that want nothing but to kill innocents and themselves. Thats a hard thing to combat, it might not be ethical.. But it seems very practical.

Obviously it sucks for you n your parents though, personally i hope id be able to see it as a sacrifice for the greater good
    Sure, when the majority of them start affording the respect a citizen of the US should be afforded then I would agree with you.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Didn't you hear? You're not having them fly into the US. They are flying into the Principality of Trumpland.
    Ahh you didn't even read OP's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother had a similar problem, but she has a green card. This happened before Trump took office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to chime in here and say that I have an international student that works for me, she just got back from visiting her family in Spain on Spring Break. She is italian and lives in spain (very caucasian looking) and she was stopped for over 6 hours in LAX. Its not racial profiling. Its a heavy screening process. If you're not from here they're going to stop you. There is nothing wrong with protecting our borders.

Gone are the days when you can declare you reason for entering the country, claim you have no fruits, veggies, or livestock... get a stamp and not worry about anything else.

It sucks, don't like it? Don't travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    It sucks, don't like it? Don't travel.
    That's probably the most intellectually dishonest response I see coming only from conservatives because it seems they are fond of using it as an added attempt to offend. "Don't like it, don't travel" "Don't like it here? Go back where you came from".

Once again, my family are all citizens of the US apart from my father who has a permanent resident card and is in process to get his citizenship. Also there is a massive difference between screening, detaining, and going further than that being treated like shit.

Ask your student how she was treated even during screening and I'm confident her experiences compared to ours will be vastly different.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I wouldnt bother having this conversation here, its not even debatable that the TSA are a joke. Airport security in general is a nightmare.

Best of luck not getting pulled aside is all I can really say, my baby sister got searched once for no good reason, the daft cunts made her cry and were lucky that their position of authority prevented them from being knocked out. Fortunately we're white though, so its only happened once.
    Lol thanks mate. I have no joke been deliberately wearing or dressing as "gay" as possible with rainbow shirts saying recruiting and the like. All this in the hopes of not getting pulled out .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I have no joke been deliberately wearing or dressing as "gay" as possible
    Well you are "Dr. Assbandit."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well you are "Dr. Assbandit."
    I find such a name disgusting and offensive, he claims to be British but says ass instead of arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Probably the same justification Nazi's used.
    God-God-Godwin'ed!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like the US is a racist country or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I find such a name disgusting and offensive, he claims to be British but says ass instead of arse!
    he's assimilating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    It's almost like the US is a racist country or something

- - - Updated - - -

he's assimilating
    Resistance is futile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Freedom has overtaken me .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    he's assimilating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Lol...Far beneath him. Education means nothing in searches. They are just doing their job.

When I flew from Washington D.C. to Houston 3 weeks ago I was held and searched. Hands down my pants and all. I am former military, they didn't care. It is all part of the process of keeping all Americans safe. I thanked them and went on my way.
    Yeah, the "searches" that don't actually accomplish anything considering they fail 9 out of 10 security checks for bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

James Madison

He knew it all this time.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-04-03 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You could start by placing the blame more on the terrorist than the TSA. Which you did not even mention the terrorist being the root of the problem in your original message.
    Well, terrorists are the root of the safety problem, they are not the root of the problem described by the OP. Rather than playing the blaming game, it is more reasonable to ask: "Okay, how can we handle the situation properly?" Interrogating random people based on their racial outlook is not the answer to that.

What do the agents even hope to accomplish? "What is the purpose of your trip to the US?" - "Oh, I want to blow up a couple of skyscrapers". Is this how they expect to get results?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, terrorists are the root of the safety problem, they are not the root of the problem described by the OP. Rather than playing the blaming game, it is more reasonable to ask: "Okay, how can we handle the situation properly?" Interrogating random people based on their racial outlook is not the answer to that.

What do the agents even hope to accomplish? "What is the purpose of your trip to the US?" - "Oh, I want to blow up a couple of skyscrapers". Is this how they expect to get results?
    That's a childish look on things.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sure they are. If it was not for the damn terrorists, he would not be having the issue. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they are. If it was not for the damn terrorists, he would not be having the issue. :P
    Also, if Earth was a black hole, we would not be having this issue. This is not how causality works though.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if Earth was a black hole, we would not be having this issue. This is not how causality works though.
    But the Earth is not, so your point is mute. Terrorism however is a reality. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    But the Earth is not, so your point is mute. Terrorism however is a reality. :P
    Terrorism is a reality across the whole globe, and yet not all countries blow the need for safety out of proportion. People from the UK land in French airports and walk out by just showing the passport to one officer. So no, it is the overreaction on the US part, not terrorism.