So lizard men and High Elves will probably want to stabilize the vortex, thusbe alies, Dark elves and skavin destabilize. If you let another faction get use the vortex(im assuming if only for a faction with opposite goals) you lose the game. SO you have to defend the vortex as well as build your army.

Pretty excited for the Skaven and Lizardmen tbh. Those are my two favorite factions of the WHFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pretty excited for the Skaven and Lizardmen tbh. Those are my two favorite factions of the WHFB.
    Yeah High Elves is one of my favorite so im very happy, just to many sexy units like the Sisters of Avelorn, Lothern Sea Guard, Silver Helms, Phoenix Guard and White Lions of Chrace to name a few,oh and some of the most badass lords like the twins Tyrion and Teclis, i want Tyrion on a Star Dragon when i play them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if they give Teclis and the slann mage army wiping spells like in the lore

Teclis played a role in the Storm of Chaos leading detachments of Sword Masters and Sea Guards to the aid of Middenheim. Teclis managed to destroy an entire daemonic army, headed by Be'lakor, the Dark Master, with a single spell.

Skaven And Lizardmen is also high on the favorites list though.

Mandatory awesome picture also.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-01 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this will be another full priced game that is also a kind of DLC for the first one? I haven't clicked on any links but thats the jist i'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Well a China TW game has the same problem Shogun has, that all the factions use the same units mostly, but I don't know much about Chinese history tho
    Across all periods of Chinese history that could be featured in a TW game, the diversity would be infinitely larger than in Shogun 2. There were quite significant differences even between core Chinese kingdoms. And then core China was always surrounded by a huge variety of barbarian or semi-barbarian peoples that were completely different from Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

So what are yawls roster ideas

Ill do lizardmen.

Ranged
    T1 Skink archers
    T2 Skink hunters(poision)
    T2 Skink Skirmishers(throwing spears)shielded
    T3 chameleon skink hunters(poison, stalk)

Infintry

T1 Skink spears
    T2 Sarus Warriors
    T2 Sarus Spears
    T3 Sarus warriors (shields)
    T3 Sarus Spears (shields)
    T4 Temple guard(great weapon)

Monstorous infintry

T3 Kroxigars(shields)
    T3 Kroxigars (great weapons)

Calvary

T2 Terradon Riders(flying skirimisher calvary)
    T3 Ripperdactyl Riders(Flying Monstrous shock calvary
    T3 Coldone Clavery(Monstrous clavary)

Monsters/monstorous artilery

T2 Razordon(Fast well armored melee monster)
    T3 Stagadon(Doubles as Artillery) idk how they would balenc this but Stags need to come with their Batista
    T3 Salamanders( Strong aoe damage in a cone, weaker in melee)
    T4 Stagadon Engine of the Gods (Doubles as Artillery Magical aura)
    T4 Dread Sauren(Massive Monster that should be the strongest monster unit in the game) Inspires local troops. Massive cost

LL

Gor-ROK(expert melee fighter, Shielded) Cost reduction on all Sarus units

Mazdamundi(expert caster) can mount a Stegadon. Bonuses against (Skavin Undead Greenskins Chaos Beastmen).

Lord

Slan mage-priest

Sarus old blood(able to mount a Carnosaur)

- - - Updated - - -
    Dread Sauren

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah High Elves is one of my favorite so im very happy, just to many sexy units like the Sisters of Avelorn, Lothern Sea Guard, Silver Helms, Phoenix Guard and White Lions of Chrace to name a few,oh and some of the most badass lords like the twins Tyrion and Teclis, i want Tyrion on a Star Dragon when i play them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if they give Teclis and the slann mage army wiping spells like in the lore

Teclis played a role in the Storm of Chaos leading detachments of Sword Masters and Sea Guards to the aid of Middenheim. Teclis managed to destroy an entire daemonic army, headed by Be'lakor, the Dark Master, with a single spell.

Skaven And Lizardmen is also high on the favorites list though.
    One does not speak of the terrible story that was "Storm of Chaos".

In which Teclis dispelled a demonic army by accident while summoning more wine.

Where the epic fight between order and chaos was interrupted by an Orc who bitch slaps Archaon around and stands over him ready to deliver the killing blow only to drop his axe and goes back home because he left the kettle on.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    One does not speak of the terrible story that was "Storm of Chaos".

In which Teclis dispelled a demonic army by accident while summoning more wine.

Where the epic fight between order and chaos was interrupted by an Orc who bitch slaps Archaon around and stands over him ready to deliver the killing blow only to drop his axe and goes back home because he left the kettle on.
    Grimgor iz da best

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    So this will be another full priced game that is also a kind of DLC for the first one? I haven't clicked on any links but thats the jist i'm getting.
    Sorta ya, it's somewhat akin to a standalone expansion in that it can be bought and played as it's own separate game, or if you have the first one, it will connect with it, and provide one full giant campaign map with all the races (DLC ones included) being able to be played in it like some conjoined super TW game. The 3rd in the trilogy would be the same

- - - Updated - - -

also here is an imgur album with some of the lizardmen models from Rezzed

https://imgur.com/a/8y183

Deleted
    I'm wondering what the 3rd game will entail if this has Ulthuan, Lustria and Naggaroth.

For the 3rd, some people are speculating Chaos of daemons proper as their own armies, more singular chaos-gold cult armies, ogre kingdoms and chaos dwarfs so who knows though

Finally Lizardmen. So hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Lizardmen and Skaven are aesthetically my two favourite races, I never played them because I never had the skills to model/paint them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    For the 3rd, some people are speculating Chaos of daemons proper as their own armies, more singular chaos-gold cult armies, ogre kingdoms and chaos dwarfs so who knows though
    Thats really all they'll have left to cover tbh, unless they want to start bringing in the other human nations like Cathay, Ind and Nippon.

There's also Tomb Kings to consider, but I don't think they could fit an entire expansion around them, and they don't really fit with a Chaos themed expansion because they aren't anywhere near the same region.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-04-02 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Thats really all they'll have left to cover tbh, unless they want to start bringing in the other human nations like Cathay, Ind and Nippon.

There's also Tomb Kings to consider, but I don't think they could fit an entire expansion around them, and they don't really fit with a Chaos themed expansion because they aren't anywhere near the same region.
    Tomb Kings are closely connected to Nagash, would fit into End Times campaign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Tomb Kings are closely connected to Nagash, would fit into End Times campaign.
    God I hope they don't do End Times.

But my point with the Tomb Kings is, they don't fit geographically with anyone else. If CA keep up with that they did in TW:W1 and what it looks like they are going to do in 2, they'll introduce races which fit geographically together and unless the plan with 3 is to reuse a lot of the scenery from 1, expand North and South to cover both the Chaos Wastes and Nehekhara then Tomb Kings simply won't work.

I could however see Tomb Kings being a smaller expansion, where they get there own mini campaign set entirely in Nehekhara and which also adds Nehekhara to the so called "Mega campaign".

Tomb kings are speculated for DLC for Warhammer 2 as the Southlands are a confirmed area of the map, which the tomb kings, some skave and some dark elf outposts are present (and some dwarfs)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    So lizard men and High Elves will probably want to stabilize the vortex, thusbe alies, Dark elves and skavin destabilize. If you let another faction get use the vortex(im assuming if only for a faction with opposite goals) you lose the game. SO you have to defend the vortex as well as build your army.
    Lizardmen arent allies with anyone, especially not thieving, usurping elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, I had to read that a few times before I noticed the Southlands mentioned. TK was my army of choice in 7th Ed, though not as big a fan in 8th, but I'm really looking froward to them. I'm also hoping they have a Southlands Lizardman army that is focused more on Skinks (again, a 7th Ed "back of the book" roster).
    They'll most likely be a DLC race later on then.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Sorta ya, it's somewhat akin to a standalone expansion in that it can be bought and played as it's own separate game, or if you have the first one, it will connect with it, and provide one full giant campaign map with all the races (DLC ones included) being able to be played in it like some conjoined super TW game. The 3rd in the trilogy would be the same

- - - Updated - - -

also here is an imgur album with some of the lizardmen models from Rezzed

https://imgur.com/a/8y183
    I see Gor rok, and maz's mount and a normal and armored cold one, temple guard cold one riders?

It is speculated that the 4 Chaos Daemon armies will be TW:W3, with Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms as DLC. So the real question is, which armies will we see as DLC in TW:W2, other than the Tomb Kings? Those are the last armies for WHF, unless they start digging into older armies like Dogs of War, Sea Elves, Araby, Kislev, etc.

Another question is, will they keep the settlement occupation limitations moving forward? While I'm personally not a huge fan of this it doesn't bother me too much, but if I'm playing Greenskins, why would I want to combine the games if I can't utilize a second continent of content for anything other than causing longer delays between turns due to the added AI factions?