Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Sounds like an American problem. Our $2 coin works fine in vending machines.
    The US cant even adopt a $1 coin and have it accepted by the masses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    oh, like san francisco. Come see our city, it's beautiful! just ignore the bums on every corner. Also, stay in your hotel room if it's after an hour before sunset. If you do have to be out at night, do so in a reasonably sized group. Also, there will be floppy old nudists, and no, there is no amount of liquor that will get that image out of your head after you've seen it.
    Nah, SF feels safer than Portland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Adding Portland to my list of potential retirement locations. Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Portland definitely has more hipsters than homeless people, although sometimes it feels like a 50/50 ratio...

- - - Updated - - -

No sorry, blood elves are too slutty even for Portland.
    Maybe around PSU....

No, even blood elves are tame for Portland. Remember, it wanst that long ago it had a swingers club owned by Ron Jeremy for gods sake.

Portland went from having an amazing punk scene, then it shifted towards multiple types of music. At some point, all the hipsters moved in, and most of the cool people took off. It's still a very nice city, but I think it definitely lacks the personality it used to have. As for strip clubs, it makes sense. It's a fairly young town, and who doesn't like to see naked people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Portland definitely has more hipsters than homeless people, although sometimes it feels like a 50/50 ratio...

- - - Updated - - -

No sorry, blood elves are too slutty even for Portland.
    but what if i want night elf or drow strippers?
    would not be surprised to find draenei stripping there. damn hussies.
    also that's racist. so mean to blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Adding Portland to my list of potential retirement locations. Thanks for the info.
    fuck i want to go there now.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-04-03 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Portland went from having an amazing punk scene, then it shifted towards multiple types of music. At some point, all the hipsters moved in, and most of the cool people took off. It's still a very nice city, but I think it definitely lacks the personality it used to have. As for strip clubs, it makes sense. It's a fairly young town, and who doesn't like to see naked people?
    http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainm...nnounce_1.html There is a thing of having TOO many naked people.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainm...nnounce_1.html There is a thing of having TOO many naked people.....
    Only if they are ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You're telling me that SJW Mecca has the most strip clubs?
    Surprisingly enough, SJW's don't really care what a woman does with her body, or what a man does with his money.

Why do you think the Oregon Lottery is so profitable? lmao.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Only if they are ugly.
    Trust me, it is NOT a pretty sight!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Surprisingly enough, SJW's don't really care what a woman does with her body, or what a man does with his money.

Why do you think the Oregon Lottery is so profitable? lmao.
    The why are they against prostitution??????

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    it's not. how many uses can you come up for exactly 2$? also they don't work in most vending machines. It's like the appendix. it served a purpose a while ago(when two full dollars was actually a decent amount of money), but now it's just kinda there. Except they probably won't explode and kill you.
    So...I'm expected to come up with various instances where a $2 is useful (rather, more useful than other currency because, for some strange reason, the usefulness of a $2 has to be greater than the usefulness of other bills), yet you can only come up with one instance where it's not useful (which hardly make it "useless")?

And besides, our understanding on the appendix might be incomplete, so you're free to re-tool your analogy (because otherwise you're saying there's a secret good to having $2 bills).

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Y'ever try to pay for something with a $2 bill before? Whole lotta people are ignorant about the $2 bill being legal tender.
    Yes, I've paid with $2 before. Once, I had to teach a young cashier that it was legal tender. She called her manager over. We laughed it off as the cashier being "young". She thought it was neat and was going to keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, it is NOT a pretty sight!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The why are they against prostitution??????
    We aren't, atleast not directly. We just have a lot of red counties out in the middle of bum-fuck. Surprisingly enough, there are counties that are cannabis dry. Frankly I'm all for legalized, regulated prostitution, I've let Wyden know that, but he's too busy federally legalizing cananbis to care.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    So...I'm expected to come up with various instances where a $2 is useful (rather, more useful than other currency because, for some strange reason, the usefulness of a $2 has to be greater than the usefulness of other bills), yet you can only come up with one instance where it's not useful (which hardly make it "useless")?

And besides, our understanding on the appendix might be incomplete, so you're free to re-tool your analogy (because otherwise you're saying there's a secret good to having $2 bills).

Yes, I've paid with $2 before. Once, I had to teach a young cashier that it was legal tender. She called her manager over. We laughed it off as the cashier being "young". She thought it was neat and was going to keep it.
    i hear making change is real hard. like really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't, atleast not directly. We just have a lot of red counties out in the middle of bum-fuck. Surprisingly enough, there are counties that are cannabis dry. Frankly I'm all for legalized, regulated prostitution, I've let Wyden know that, but he's too busy federally legalizing cananbis to care.
    Portland is the middle of BFE, the rural areas are even worse.

Wyden's too busy smoking it to care!

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Y'ever try to pay for something with a $2 bill before? Whole lotta people are ignorant about the $2 bill being legal tender.
    A lot of people are also ignorant of why a dollar bill might be worth more than 20. Fun fact for why you should pay attention to the bills that pass between people. A few silver notes still float around getting used as singles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portland is the middle of BFE, the rural areas are even worse.

Wyden's too busy smoking it to care!
    Actually Portland is right on I5, runs through Seattle and L.A. at some point. Really Portland is as much as a hub as those two cities, just the smaller of the 3. The rural areas are mostly Eastern Oregon, where it starts to get a little Wyoming out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Portland is right on I5, runs through Seattle and L.A. at some point. Really Portland is as much as a hub as those two cities, just the smaller of the 3. The rural areas are mostly Eastern Oregon, where it starts to get a little Wyoming out there.
    No, Portland isnt a hub, its a scab that slows transit between LA and Seattle down. One look at its "skyline" shows its lack of importance. I know it likes to think its important, but its the also-ran of the west coast.

(OK, Portland is a transportation hub because that is the end of line for Union Pacific and I-84 but it does serve as a bottleneck for north-south shipping, and as a port it is on par with little Cowlitz County down river a ways.)
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2017-04-03 at 03:51 AM.

Portland has a dark and sordid history, remember this is the city that had an entire underground network dedicated to druging and kidnapping dudes in bars and strip clubs so they could sell them as labor to ship captains, they even had trap doors and shit in some bar. When the kidnapped dudes woke up they would already be out to sea. The whole hipster weird thing is a modern rebranding. The city is also situated over a wide area meaning more clubs. no one wants to drive and hour for a stripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Portland has a dark and sordid history, remember this is the city that had an entire underground network dedicated to druging and kidnapping dudes in bars and strip clubs so they could sell them as labor to ship captains, they even had trap doors and shit in some bar. When the kidnapped dudes woke up they would already be out to sea. The whole hipster weird thing is a modern rebranding. The city is also situated over a wide area meaning more clubs. no one wants to drive and hour for a stripper.
    go to any port city in the mid-late 1800's or early 1900's and this would happen.....especially on the west coast. it wasn't exclusive to portland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Its no so much that it is spread out (Portland is smaller than Denver) it is the fact it was built in a horrible location bisected by a river (and hemmed in by another) and a high bluff.

No pictures?