Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    California is a screwed up place and I don't trust anything that comes out of it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    No excuse for him, people just have this naive belief he is the first and this will spur change so that he will be the last. I think it is laughable.
    He's certainly not the first, he may not even be the worst president we've ever had. I'm 31 and he's the worst president I can remember and he's only 2 months in. And I voted for Bush, McCain and Romney, so I'm not a "libtard" or whatever the fuck.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The left's grip on public school? Have you seen public schools in the south? You know they outright ban sex education in some states, right?

She also said fucking bears are a danger to schools to justify being allowed to have guns on campus. Seriously, what the fuck.
    "I support accountability."

I thought for a moment that she was a sex bot caught in an infinite "for" loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So anyone who doesn't cry fake news at the drop of a hat is an SJW?
    No, but anybody who enbales these people are. Seriously. Stop believe everything they say, especially if its dubious and disingenuous.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-03 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No, but anybody who enbales these people are.
    What people, exactly? The people who think Trump is a bag of shit?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How many people get raped/murdered by illegal immigrants each year? And how many goods to these illegal immigrants produce working for American companies? I'd like to see this comparison.

Also, as a legal immigrant in the US myself, let me tell you that the narrative, indeed, is anti-immigrant. I am essentially stuck in the country, unable to travel overseas (and I need to, badly, because of how science works nowadays), because of all the travel restrictions and executive orders that make my ability to return to the country questionable.
    It is not anti-immigrant. It has always been anti-illegal immigrant.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...account-75-pe/

http://cis.org/mortensen/identitytheft

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hat-illegal-i/

http://www.heritage.org/immigration/...he-us-taxpayer

Illegal immigrants do more harm than good. And cost more than they contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Betsy Devos threatens to undermine the left's grip on federal public school programs, so it's not surprising that she's attacked as "not having understanding", anti-science, and so forth.
    She wants to give vouchers to people on welfare, to home school their kids. Your tax payer dollars, instead of going to make sure the kid gets an education. Will instead go to those who have had the sort of hard luck, that lends them on welfare. Her proposal go in the opposite direction of just about every first world country we lose jobs to... instead of a curriculum that results in skilled jobs being common enouph to demand lower cost than ours, her proposal is to completely remove any standard of education. It's going backwards by over a hundred years... there is a reason why one of the first actions after the American revolution was to begin a foundation of public education.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you say so. When you say a country is sending its people you're usually talking about legal immigration. Most countries aren't sending their citizens across a border illegally unless they're at war with a nation or are invading.... maybe if they're conducting espionage operations. Are you saying he was implying we're at war with Mexico or these illegals are part of some espionage operation?
    He was implying illegal immigrants are criminals and shitty people. Whats not to understand?

Bullshit. If it wasn't anti-immigrant in addition to anti-illegal immigrant Trump wouldn't have 2 blocked travel bans. He wasn't attempting to block illegal immigrants with those orders, he was attempting to block immigrants.
    Two blocked travel bans that were completely within his power to pass without issue?

It's anti-illegal immigrant. It always has. And it won't change.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he was literally saying the majority of Mexican immigrants are criminals and shitty people. If he meant to say something else he should have said something else.
    ILLEGAL immigrants.

15+ Year Old Account
    You think people who support the First Amendment(which applies in the case of editorials... what this is) are SJWs?
    Yeah. Calling people buzzwords instead of actual arguments or actual journalism sure are pro first amendment
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What people, exactly? The people who think Trump is a bag of shit?
    Media. Give reasons why his policies are bad, not buzzwords that he's racist or sexist or ists or isms.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
    I'm sorry, did I miss the tweet where Trump started bashing legal immigrants and those coming to our country through the proper channels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    It is not anti-immigrant. It has always been anti-illegal immigrant.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...account-75-pe/

http://cis.org/mortensen/identitytheft

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hat-illegal-i/

http://www.heritage.org/immigration/...he-us-taxpayer

Illegal immigrants do more harm than good. And cost more than they contribute.
    The numbers don't look nearly as dramatic to me as people make it look. And, again, it is anti-immigrant; if it was anti-illegal immigrant, then things like Trump trying repeatedly to ban entrance to the country from a few Middle Eastern countries indiscriminately wouldn't exist. I am not complaining; as an immigrant, I still feel much more welcome here than I did in my home country... I just don't see the point of denying the reality.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I linked his words. Show me where it says illegal in there. Go ahead and go back an entire paragraph. It's not in that one either. He does talk about how Mexico is killing us at the border and economically, but that's not saying he's only talking about illegal immigration.
    http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...-mexicans-are/

I could go all night.

The numbers don't look nearly as dramatic to me as people make it look. And, again, it is anti-immigrant; if it was anti-illegal immigrant, then things like Trump trying repeatedly to ban entrance to the country from a few Middle Eastern countries indiscriminately wouldn't exist. I am not complaining; as an immigrant, I still feel much more welcome here than I did in my home country... I just don't see the point of denying the reality.
    Ban entry? I think you mean temporarily halt until we can upgrade our vetting process.

Once again, it is anti-illegal immigrant. Not anti-immigrant. The only person denying reality here is you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Calling people buzzwords instead of actual arguments or actual journalism sure are pro first amendment

Media. Give reasons why his policies are bad, not buzzwords that he's racist or sexist or ists or isms.
    "Racist" and "sexist" are legitimate accusations. I'm sorry they upset you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    Ban entry? I think you mean temporarily halt until we can upgrade our vetting process.

Once again, it is anti-illegal immigrant. Not anti-immigrant. The only person denying reality here is you.
    Denying anyone's entrance from, say, Iran is being anti-illegal immigrant? Maaaaate...

10+ Year Old Account
    A disingenuous president, for a disingenuous country which is led by a group of disingenuous greedy rich people, who in turn rule over disingenuous, easily manipulated bigots of both political spectrum, who in turn disingenuously force people to adhere to their disingenuous ideologies and then wonder why they have a disingenuous president.

And I want to make it abundantly clear: I include both the ultra-liberals, who sides with far-right extremists to do all in their power to censor and remove Trump - who was democratically elected (even if he is a shit choice) - and the ultra-conservatives, who keep crying that they are being censored, yet acts like hypocrites when met with opposite ideologies.

I sometime feel like perhaps we should build a border here to protect us from the US.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

"Racist" and "sexist" are legitimate accusations. I'm sorry they upset you so much.

Denying anyone's entrance from, say, Iran is being anti-illegal immigrant? Maaaaate...
    The plan was to temporarily halt immigration from high-risk countries for a short period of time until we can upgrade our vetting process. What's so hard to understand about this? Nothing about that is anti-immigrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Whose life is being ruined?
    I have four links in an earlier post. Go read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What policy? The ones he tried/passed right now? How about his healthcare bill, that even RNC couldn't vote for? An oil pipeline, that he lied about being built with US steel, but signed it anyway? Replaced a nuclear physicist as head of DOE, in favor of Rick Perry? Appointed a Secretary of State, whose only experience been in pushing oil, up to being a CEO of Exxon? His executive order of arbitrarily cutting 2 regulations for each passed? Signing off on ISP ability to sell your info? Hiring Flynn, who was fired by Obama's and Trump was warned about, as national security advisor? Building a wall that he has no way to force Mexico to pay for and one foiled by rope? I can go on... but, I think that's a pretty good list for the first 2 months... wait until he beats Bush's tax cut on the top... his healthcare bill should be a hint how his new tax code will work...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think the editorial does a good job of pointing out why he is shitty.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You realize that's debunking Kaine's claim that Trump said ALL mexicans are rapists and whatnot right? Not that all immigrants they send are...
    Did you read halfway down when they referenced that entire little speech you linked?

"all of the Trump quotes Kaine’s campaign sent us pertain to unauthorized immigrants crossing the Mexican border into the U.S."