Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The worst damage Trump has done, has been giving people a soap box to go off on America or Americans, which is bullshit. Trump was no chosen by majority of Americans. Trump does not represent America. You can talk shit about our leadership all you like, but believing what you just said, means they won.
    I include all manners of US government. Not just Trump. Trump's election has been a respite in some ways and a burden in others. The difference is that ultimately, it gave ammunition to the worst people who use this to bring the worse out of everyone else, by making a terrible movement of hate, censorship and discrmination, all of that in the name of fighting another group of hate, censorship and discrimination.

The real thing that is happening, however, are people monetizing the outrage with little to no regards to the people caught in this ridiculous war.

These past few months, I went from clear-cut anti-Hillary, pro-Bernie, to tolerating a Trump government, to despising the hypocrite conservative movement and to finally just wish the whole thing crumble down on itself already.

I think the worse is watching people adhere so strongly to one side or another without realizing that they are just pawns playing into the palms of the tightly guarded group of rich individuals who cares little for them. Someone die from a hate crime? Put it everywhere in the news! Do you have any idea how much money the death of a single person can reward these individuals, if he died at the right place, at the right time? Martyrs brings clicks, money, outrage, which in turn brings ever expanding money.

I don't even know how you guys can stomach this. We've had the shooter here in Quebec recently, a completely disgusting act of hate. But it was quickly shut down by our communities, who refused to support and fund more hate - by making it clear that this is not something that would be encouraged to be covered. But what we're assisting worldwide - it's a campaign of carefully crafted narratives, manipulative webs of controlled information from which its sole goal is to breed hate, because nothing spell money as well as hate.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Trump is proving one thing... Jeb Bush running with a plan, might have had better results than Trump's phantom one. But, knowing that ACA was the heritage plan running against Hillarycare and that Obama was a massive cuck for not being more ambitious. What would a real republican healthcare be? Minor cuts to ACA, which are directly countered with increases of Medicare? Stamp that with a catchy republican name and you solved ACA, while being applauded for increasing Medicare coverage... win! But, no... Trump went for the low hanging fruit of a simple majority, to give his ilk a massive tax cut... still couldn't do it... now is asking democrats for help? Jebus...
    Romney had a health care plan!

Oh wait.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    No? Temporarily halting immigration from high-risk countries until we can have stronger vetting processes is not anti-immigrant. It's ensuring we're getting good people.

Jesus. Don't purposely leave out the 'high-risk' part.
    This part is irrelevant; if you halt immigration, even temporarily, under any excuse, you are being anti-immigrant while doing that. There is no way around it, it is just how English works.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm actually curious what this new vetting process will be.

I'm assuming it looks a lot like Trumpcare -- dead.
    Given that the current process is already one of the strictest in the world, the renewed version is going to be something truly spectacular... Although hardly anything unseen before!

https://youtu.be/eHplJrjx9TY?t=189
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Doesn't change the fact it had nothing to do with being anti-immigrant and everything to do with making our vetting process more rigorous and thorough.
    Ok then, meanwhile I'm more likely to die from heart disease, cancer, traffic accident, or white guy with gun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The travel ban was deemed unconstitutional because he called it a muslim ban. It's prejudice by his own fucking words.
    They aren't a race, so you're welcome to call it a religious ban. But you just like the word racism more because you think it's powerful or whatever.

No, I'm waiting for you to articulate a fucking argument. How is that hard to understand? Why waste my time reading someone else's argument if I don't even know that you understand what those sources actually say?
    I'm not going to humor you. Go read what I linked.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Given that the current process is already one of the strictest in the world, the renewed version is going to be something truly spectacular... Although hardly anything unseen before!
    My only questions: will it be the biggest, the best, trust me the best, and will there be a new holiday with fireworks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything wrong with improving it?
    I live in Washington state, where most of the west coast is covered by the clean energy of the largest hydro plant in the country, the grand Couly damn. While across the cascades to the west, we have one of the largest clean energy production off wind and solar in the country, that litteraly goes to waste. We divert as much as we can to California, but every night, batteries are burnt off, because there is nowhere for massive amounts of energy to go.

How about improving something that isn't broken, we fix our broken electrical and energy grids. You know, instead of giving Canada American's land to build a pipeline. We fix the problem causing our energy to be burnt off for no earnings, while having such a great electrical grid... that we lost power to all of NY, during a failure in Canada.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They aren't a race, so you're welcome to call it a religious ban. But you just like the word racism more because you think it's powerful or whatever.
    /glances at Constitution.
    /glances at words of people who wrote it.

No. this is not a Christian nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romney had a health care plan!

Oh wait.
    That's exactly what I mean... the worst could be said about it, is that it did little to fix the ACA problem. Trump's best defense of his, was wait for 2 more prongs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This part is irrelevant; if you halt immigration, even temporarily, under any excuse, you are being anti-immigrant while doing that. There is no way around it, it is just how English works.
    No. Halting immigration to increase our security is not anti-immigrant.

How about improving something that isn't broken, we fix our broken electrical and energy grids. You know, instead of giving Canada American's land to build a pipeline. We fix the problem causing our energy to be burnt off for no earnings, while having such a great electrical grid... that we lost power to all of NY, during a failure in Canada.
    What do you think about turning all of Arizona into solar panels? It works, back of the envelope, to cover all electricity usage in the US.

Smaller scale, if we turned all rooftops in NYC into solar panels, it covers the electricity needs of the city.

Also, horizontal turbines. I can make one with things I have in my house. It would at least power a radio.

15+ Year Old Account
    /glances at Constitution.
    /glances at words of people who wrote it.

No. this is not a Christian nation.
    Really don't know what you're trying to say here. Maybe stop using wow maymays.

Where did I use the word racist? Did you have a seizure while reading that?

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm not going to embarrass myself by attempting to formulate my own argument."

Gotcha. Have a nice day then.
    Follow the flow of the conversation in which the people called him racist. Go to bed if you can't follow a couple of posts, my dood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one explicitly was. It specifically singled out majority religion.

Did you read that? I did. Banning books in my household is not anti book. That's what you just wrote.

"I'm not going to embarrass myself by attempting to formulate my own argument."

Gotcha. Have a nice day then.
    Nah, dawg. Nah.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read that? I did. Banning books in my household is not anti book. That's what you just wrote.
    Comparing immigration reforms to... books? You can switch whatever words you want I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't know what you're trying to say here. Maybe stop using wow maymays.
    Trump gave a speech after the first ban, stating that Christians would not be impacted by the ban, due to their mistreatment. The ban it self, stated that it excluded religions that were not majority in that country. As in, the first ban, permitted entry, explicitly based on religion. While Trump went on to explain it...

15+ Year Old Account
    The first one explicitly was. It specifically singled out majority religion.
    Why do I live in a world where people think race=religion? Do you think Christians=white people, too?

Trump gave a speech after the first ban, stating that Christians would not be impacted by the ban, due to their mistreatment. The ban it self, stated that it excluded religions that were not majority in that country. As in, the first ban, permitted entry, explicitly based on religion. While Trump went on to explain it...
    Neat. This has to do with him being a racist how?

That's exactly what I mean... the worst could be said about it, is that it did little to fix the ACA problem. Trump's best defense of his, was wait for 2 more prongs.
    Maybe.

ACA is flawed, right? I think almost everyone can agree. Meanwhile, show me something better. It will be single payer. We just need to fucking get over it and make it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only questions: will it be the biggest, the best, trust me the best, and will there be a new holiday with fireworks?
    I am not sure, but one thing for certain: it is going to be yuuuuuuuuuge!

Oh, but it is. Replace it with "Black people should be segregated for the sake of security" and try to look at it as a non-racist statement - it will be hard to see it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.