Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Thank god. I never liked walking around in poorly lit areas in an MMO in the first place. Having the option to earn it if you want it and to ignore it if you don't works for me.
    If you only had played Everquest. Some races couldn't see in the dark so unless you had torches or lightstones you were practically blind at night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Blizzard white knight spotted.

Go back to your safe space homie.

This is a shitty way of doing things.
    1. It costs above 3g per potion and it only lasts for 2 hours, haven't tested yet but I assume it disappears if you die.
    2. Instead of making it a Toy with a 30 min CD and 2 hour duration, they implement it so that you have to keep stacking up
    3. You can only buy them from the darkmoon vendor which means once a month you'll be able to get them
    4. They take up space in your bags, it's 2017, it's not classic wow.
    5. This is not a "test", you as a blizz fanboy* should know that. They don't just "test" stuff, they implement it because they think it's a good idea.

They implemented shield dps for warrior and said it was a "test" for things to come, what happened, oh they removed it. Just like with the special mistweaver spec.
    These are not tests, these are their ideas that are obviously not pleasing the consumers.

Hiding behind a shield of ignorance is cool and all, but make sure you pop out once in a while, you might learn a thing or two.
    Jesus fucking Christ, show us on the doll where the evil Blizzard touched you. I'm not a "Blizzard fanboy," as I've been highly critical of many of their design choices in Legion. I mean fuck, the game's shitty design is one of the main reasons I unsubbed for the first time in nearly a decade. I am, however, very cynical of the endless "Blizzard stole my lunch money" anti-Blizzard bullshit negativity echo chambers which seem to be popping up every five fucking minutes around here. It's ridiculous entitlement on behalf of players who instead of being thankful of anything Blizzard does, instead immediately try to paint it in a light that they are purposefully "ignoring feedback," without even bothering to entertain the very faint possibility there's more substance behind what they do than just "cuz fuck you, that's why."

I get it, though. Everybody's just dying to get in on the anti-Blizzard circlejerk. I hope one day your ilk take down our oppressive Blizzard overlords and get to create the game you guys want. Because lord knows, crowdsourcing a video game can't possibly have any negative side effects. Really, I mean it. You guys have fun with that. I won't be around to enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was thinking it was more a preliminary test to see if people would react positively toward this. if so, i could see it being added in the options menu.

but then someone goes and says "wow screw you blizzard, how dare you try to get feedback on a thing" and i just kinda sit here slackjawed...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Im happy they finally gave us some way of getting darker nights, alltough i'd much prefer it if it was a toy you could turn on and off, or if it was a option in the settings menu.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are asking for a night time option when they have not even added other graphic options which people drastically need. I have been asking for a color-blind option from blizzard that is more in-depth than just a simple change from the gold silver copper images into 1g2s3c format. Half the time I can not even tell things apart in certain areas where everything is green and brown. So the fact you are complaining when you actually have some sort of fix to your "night time" dilemma is a little annoying considering we do not even have real color-blind options that can be scaled from weak to strong...

You say you are not being entitled but you honestly are; they added a feature you wanted in some type of way then you complain about it still.

I mean it LOOKS cool and all, but it makes things actually very hard to see, especially in old world content. The lighting doesn't seem to work the same way as it does in Legion, just leaving the zones looking the exact same way only hard to see in.

I'm glad its a potion, would prefer if its a toy, but either way it does NOT need to be in the game for good. It hinders sight quite severely and there is no way to elevate the day/night cycle in wow as opposed to other games.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just confused as to why it isn't a toy. Or a graphics menu toggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do wish it was more of a toggle-able thing, like how you can turn XP off and on again.

Having to have potions in your bag constantly for this, on just a 2 hour duration, seems a bit silly.

BUT it's way better than nothing, so thanks Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    You are asking for a night time option when they have not even added other graphic options which people drastically need. I have been asking for a color-blind option from blizzard that is more in-depth than just a simple change from the gold silver copper images into 1g2s3c format. Half the time I can not even tell things apart in certain areas where everything is green and brown. So the fact you are complaining when you actually have some sort of fix to your "night time" dilemma is a little annoying considering we do not even have real color-blind options that can be scaled from weak to strong...

You say you are not being entitled but you honestly are; they added a feature you wanted in some type of way then you complain about it still.
    I don't care if you think I'm entitled thats perfectly fine but thats irrelevent to the thread lol

Ignore the trolls. There is 0 reason why this shouldn't be toggable. Its a win win for everyone. Anyone opposed to the idea has something wrong with them as they would be affected in no way shape or form. Its exactly as if someone were to complain about action cam. You don't have to use it but you the choice.

This is a quote from the forums from a similar thread as there are now several people calling for this to be a toggle.

Posted by Thelysea
    I have night blindness, so dark places are very difficult for me.

However, I think it's fantastic that those who enjoy the really dark places can have them!

I too would like to see a toggle. Turn it on for those who want it, and/or turn it off for those who don't.

Learn people, learn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    This... This is a toggle... Click the item, turn it on, click the buff, turn it off.

/thread
    yea not the same as just having an option in the interface panel. There shouldnt be a reason for that to bother you. Its all benefit to the people who like the feature and want it naturally instead of drinking pots every 2 hours at certain times of the day

7+ Year Old Account
    Gee, so many people showing up to hate on people just wishing it was a bit different - god forbid people have opinions.

Anyway: At the moment I'm fine with that these are just potions, but I REALLY do hope that it'll be liked enough to get Blizzard's attention to make it a toggle option in the menu. I haven't bought the potions yet but man, I can imagine enjoying playing the game a lot more during night time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage
    Why do we need so fucking outraged and disappointed every time we get something new? Slapped in the face?
    Meh. Get some perspective in your life. It's a god damn videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Why do we need so fucking outraged and disappointed every time we get something new? Slapped in the face?
    Meh. Get some perspective in your life. It's a god damn videogame.
    its just exaggerated sarcasm for the lols, it wasnt serious.

its just exaggerated sarcasm lol
    >starts a thread which is easily interpreted as whiny entitlement
    >later states, "jk lol just being sarcastic hehexd"

Well meme'd, sir. 5 outta fucking 7.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >starts a thread which is easily interpreted as whiny entitlement
    >later states, "jk lol just being sarcastic hehexd"

Well meme'd, sir. 5 outta fucking 7.
    I mean you can go back and read all my posts it was said a few times. Regardless its not the point of the thread lol keep baiting. Where do you get your originality

I mean you can go back and read all my posts it was said a few times. Regardless its not the point of the thread lol keep baiting. Where do you get your originality
    If the whiny entitlement is not the point of your thread, why in God's name is it literally the first thing you said? I... I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If the whiny entitlement is not the point of your thread, why in God's name is it literally the first thing you said? I... I don't even know anymore.
    because in your opinion a whiny entitled person wrote the thread but that doesn't make it the thesis. You.. You never knew anything period. You're pretty good at trolling though

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    3k gold LUL.

like i said, if you were to play every minute of every day you'd need to spend 1250g~ per month on these potions. your suggestion puts me further out of pocket.

guess i win LUL
    I don't really care one way or the other, but you are driving this argument like an absolute child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh MMO players are fucking insufferable sometimes. And I say as one myself, my god, how cringe can you be: ''Anyone else feel like Blizzard slapped it in your face for adding an item''. LOOOOOL

It's the usual two-steps-forward-one-step-back approach by Blizzard that happens quite a lot.

Cool to have the option in the game, mind boggling why they would make it an item like this instead of a toggle option that would help immensely.

There's never really any "here you go, enjoy" anymore, but rather "here you go, with an intentional drawback, enjoy."