Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That was sarcasm. Don't think nexx is a trumpy.
    Damnit, I don't know folks in GenOT well enough and Poe's Law trips me up a lot, lately. The internet really needs a sarcasm font : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not even one post before the, "BUT HILLARY!" responses.

Jesus, when will people let Trump stand on his own two feet without leaning heavily on Hillary to prop him up?
    The joke.

--------------------------------

Your head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    If China or the USA don't do anything, Japan eventually will. South Korea doesn't want to do anything because of Seoul, the USA is more or less the same. Japan.. they are another matter. Also don't think for a second the USA would be alone even if it did act, Japan and South Korea would most definitely be involved.
    Japan won't do shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...th-korea-china

Is this going to be his first war? I personally cant see how China will allow NK to fall. Can you imagine USA installing their anti ballistic missile shield right next to Chinese borders? If USA attacks it means no help from NATO either. This can turn out to be very costly for them and certainly they will not be able to win / finish the war (like always) alone.
    Wait until china leases a naval base in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    They can take out Seoul with artillery alone, so why haven't they? Ur supposed to ignore NK, not make ultimatums. You don't see NK threaten China or Russia, so they aren't crazy, even though cnn n hollywood would like for u to think so. Stop pushing NK against a wall. Cold war ended due to de-escalation n not the other way.
    Also NK borders China n Russia, they'll never allow for u to occupy NK n simultanously target both countries with missiles. Especially Russia cuz of Vladivostok n pacific coast. So, get any grand adventures out of ur computer game mind.
    who says we want to occupy it. Take out the north korean army and leadership and then pull out and let the chinese sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    South Korea would definitely be involved - taking most of the damage that North Korea can do, since they cannot reach the US. But it's better if South Koreans die for sure, North Korea might one day have the capability to hurt the US.

Maybe not decimated, but it will take the brunt of the attack. Last I checked, the South Korean capital is within range of North Korean weapons and you can bet NK will try to inflict as much damage as possible on any enemy if attacked. That is one of the reasons why people are iffy about attacking NK unilaterally, not because they are 'defending' North Korea.
    Add to that the fact that in order to defeat North Korea, you either have to conduct air-strikes or park your navy right next to China, who might see that as an aggression. Plus, given that pretty much every able-bodied North Korean will be forced to fight for their oh so glorious leader, the US would not be helping the people there or liberate them. It'd pretty much get them all killed while the delusional leader sits in his bunkers.
    Those are some of the reasons why people are against attacking North Korea head-on.
    Are you a military/global politics expert? If the US (or anyone) started to attack North Korea, why the hell do you think they would turn around and start attacking South Korea? Like, if you punch me, am I going to start attacking my grandma?

You guys are fucking morons for cheering this on as a viable solution at all, yes NK is a problem but a break up of their regime from basically anything but internal pressure will be one of the greatest economic and humanitarian crisis's in the last century, you basically have a country that is 60+ years behind the rest of the world, with a brainwashed population not to mention that despite their low tech their army is MASSIVE and would take quite some time to defeat and then again not to menton how much damage they could do to South Korea and maybe Japan before that defeat.

Long story short beyond just China there's a reason Japan and South Korea haven't done anything about NK, their collapse would be an economic mess for the region, moderizing and basically unbrainwashing the populace would be one of the most massive humanitarian undertakings in history, and although in a war yes, NK has no chance against Japan or South Korea but it can certainly do a ton of damage, enough to not just kill hundreds of thousands but cripple global economic powers, which in a globalized economy hurts EVERYONE.

The only real even midly stable solutions to NK are China stepping in and removing the Regime itself and taking much of the burden since they shored it up for so long, or an internal collapse

Deleted
    NK is a bumper state for China, and it will remain a bumper state. China will not allow the evil capitalist west to share the fence with the glorious people's republic, and have a unified, west-friendly Korea right next door.

Best case scenario: Kim Jong Un falls in some bullets if he doesn't obey China, and another asshole takes his place.

Worst case scenario: proxy war between USA and China.
    Last edited by mmoc594fd2488f; 2017-04-03 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Are you a military/global politics expert? If the US (or anyone) started to attack North Korea, why the hell do you think they would turn around and start attacking South Korea? Like, if you punch me, am I going to start attacking my grandma?
    Because the US and South Korea are allies, SK would almost certainly be involved in any operation against North Korea and they don't have the capacity to hit the US mainland, but South Korea? They have that and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    If you really think North Korea is the issue then you are blind. Its the rather colossal country north of it that is the problem. I doubt they are going to just sit there and let their client state fall. Doubtless America can beat North Korea, even if Iraq and Afghanistan leave much to be desired of their military capability, but it is doubtful the same can be done to nuclear armed China. All Xi has to do is issue a general mobilisation to the army and America will back down already unless they want to be at war with a country destined to be the world's pre-eminent power (ironically at America's expense).

Besides the last time America advanced into North Korea, they ended up advancing in the opposite direction when China intervened.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Japan tries to do something, China will do a bigger something too. What, they think China forgot about the 14 million people they killed not too long ago? And since they got zero nukes, best not to fuck with daddy dragon in this case.

They are probably butthurt cause China kicked them one place down on the biggest economy podium.
    The only thing China has on Japan currently is a nuclear arsenal, they aren't stupid enough to use it. The world wouldn't tolerate an economic power declaring war on another economic power. It would be a world war. No one wants North Korea around except China.

You also seem to be confused, North Korea was a product of the Soviets not the Chinese, that didn't happen until the Korean war in which both countries assisted in. The Chinese reinforced the North Koreans with ground forces when the UN drove them back and the Soviets were involved in air defense and supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    NK is a bumper state for China, and it will remain a bumper state. China will not allow the evil capitalist west to share the fence with the glorious people's republic, and have a unified, west-friendly Korea right next door.

Not even South Korea wants a unified Korea, you don't understand the sheer amount of money it would take to modernize North Korea on top of basically completely reeducating the populace. It'd literally be more than South Korea's entire GDP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Japan won't do shit.
    You're naive if you truly believe that.

Not to mention if hte United States goes in WITHOUT China's blessing, that could cause a war between the two and even if it doesn't the effect on the relations between the two largest economies would be globally devestating.

People just are not looking at the big picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Because the US and South Korea are allies, SK would almost certainly be involved in any operation against North Korea and they don't have the capacity to hit the US mainland, but South Korea? They have that and more.
    That still wouldn't make sense. Just pretend the US is advanced with ground troops, air strikes, and naval strikes. You think they would suddenly start firing missiles and artillery at Seoul? That makes absolutely no sense at all. If being actively invaded, why would North Korea spend time, effort, weapons, etc on attacking anything BUT the invading force?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    You're naive if you truly believe that.
    Last time Japan did shit that didn't concern their own country, they got nuked. Twice.

Just a Master in international economics and politics. There are people who know more about the matter, obviously, but this one is rather simple. The US supporting SK is one of the few things keeping NK from attacking it, that is point one. Then there is the fact that South Korea would be the staging point for any land assault on NK. And the fact that a government like that of NK will need any victories it can get in a war like that, so they will take pot shots wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wait so we will actually help people in North Korea without oil being present?
    Oh I'm sure they'll enjoy the US foreign policy version of "help".

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Isn't he that 'conservative' rebelling against his own party?
    You mean Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Trump has a lot of stupid ideas but talking care of North Korea is not one of them.
    Go get them!
    No doubt he'll be just as effective as he has been at... well everything else so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That still wouldn't make sense. Just pretend the US is advanced with ground troops, air strikes, and naval strikes. You think they would suddenly start firing missiles and artillery at Seoul? That makes absolutely no sense at all. If being actively invaded, why would North Korea spend time, effort, weapons, etc on attacking anything BUT the invading force?
    Because they have no real hope of winning, and holding seoul hostage is one of their main deterrents. They already have the artillery permanently placed there. Besides, making seoul a humanitarian crisis that needs addressing isn't exactly a bad strategy if you're devoid of modern morals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit, I don't know folks in GenOT well enough and Poe's Law trips me up a lot, lately. The internet really needs a sarcasm font : (
    Sorry for the offtopic, but:

I think this is one of the worst things that came out of this election. Further forming of camps and assuming that everyone who isn't in yours is in the other. I got called 'Trumpkin' etc several times, just because I said I don't like Hillary, and I'm not even a US citizen (and despise Trump, just to say it again...). To many assumptions, not enough listening to each other. Of course, one gets tired of listening or talking when the other side isn't willing to listen or tries to shout you down. And that goes both ways. All 'camps' made mistakes. Also, not directed at you, directly.

As to the topic: Eh. Yes, NK needs to be dealt with. But I still think major military operations in that area need to be checked with 'the locals' first, because they will take the heat. Especially SK and Japan. On the other hand that situation could go to hell rather fast, and I do believe it is better to act then to be forced to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    You guys are fucking morons for cheering this on as a viable solution at all, yes NK is a problem but a break up of their regime from basically anything but internal pressure will be one of the greatest economic and humanitarian crisis's in the last century, you basically have a country that is 60+ years behind the rest of the world, with a brainwashed population not to mention that despite their low tech their army is MASSIVE and would take quite some time to defeat and then again not to menton how much damage they could do to South Korea and maybe Japan before that defeat.

Long story short beyond just China there's a reason Japan and South Korea haven't done anything about NK, their collapse would be an economic mess for the region, moderizing and basically unbrainwashing the populace would be one of the most massive humanitarian undertakings in history, and although in a war yes, NK has no chance against Japan or South Korea but it can certainly do a ton of damage, enough to not just kill hundreds of thousands but cripple global economic powers, which in a globalized economy hurts EVERYONE.

The only real even midly stable solutions to NK are China stepping in and removing the Regime itself and taking much of the burden since they shored it up for so long, or an internal collapse
    Hey look on the bright side, we could create a massive power vacuum that will lead to a state as successful and prosperous as Iraq is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.