Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i cant believe people are whining that they cant do it right away. jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Plenty of people have done them already. Stop whining and git gud, I guess?
    Tabulate their specs and ilvls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i cant believe people are whining that they cant do it right away. jesus christ.
    WoW's playerbase is generally dogshit, and I say it as not being perticulary the best player out there. But they can't admit to it, that's the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's a matter of being the right spec and having the ilvl past the random point on which the challenge for that particular spec can be beaten.
    Not at all, gear will get you past it yes, but skill will get you past it sooner, before hitting the ilvl which makes skill not matter as much.

This is a difficult challenge, if you've done it yet, it isn't just "High numbers of hp" there's a lot going on, a lot to do.

Deleted
    Tabulate their specs and ilvls.
    How about no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Not at all, gear will get you past it yes, but skill will get you past it sooner, before hitting the ilvl which makes skill not matter as much.

This is a difficult challenge, if you've done it yet, it isn't just "High numbers of hp" there's a lot going on, a lot to do.
    what are you talking about, i just went into a challenge and that one dude hit me for 10 mil with one cast. What am i supposed to do how do i get more than 10 mil health? It's obviously all about numbers there is no fucking way i can somehow avoid getting hit for 10 mil when NPC finishes this long-ass cast.
    kappa
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

Your "not at all" is not contradicting what I am saying. Yes, skill will get you past the challenge sooner, but it all exists in a gear window which is (a) small, and (b) positioned randomly according to your spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    what are you talking about, i just went into a challenge and that one dude hit me for 10 mil with one cast. What am i supposed to do how do i get more than 10 mil health? It's obviously all about numbers there is no fucking way i can somehow avoid getting hit for 10 mil when NPC finishes this long-ass cast.
    kappa
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sounds like it'll be in-line with the difficulty of the solo portion Cata Legendary Staff quest in The Nexus...which was one of the most frustratingly difficult things I ever did in this game. ._.
    I doubt it - my arcane mage did that without a hitch, this is a little more serious by a long shot.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It's been out for like an hour, so many specs haven't been done yet because it's meant to be a challenge. No one has the gear it's been designed for, the gear it's been designed for is where above average players will complete it, so right now, great players will work towards it and get it eventually, it will take TIME.

It's not a gear carry thing at all yet, because no one is at the level of gear where it would carry them through it yet.

Seriously, trash players blaming your gear for not 1-3 shotting it? Get good, and don't try to take away from other peoples achievements, if they completed it, good on them, they are a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your "not at all" is not contradicting what I am saying. Yes, skill will get you past the challenge sooner, but it all exists in a gear window which is (a) small, and (b) positioned randomly according to your spec.
    Tabulate gear window size and specs plz
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Highlord Kruul is throwing me for a loop. It just randomly changes.

But what does that matter? Who cares? The better you are, the less gear you need to complete it, the more impressive it is? That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    It is quite obvious that you misplayed the encounter. The debuff for polymorph + the council mechanic makes it clear that you need to poly one guy, while dealing with the two others.
    I cast polymorph, target was immune. Special debuff puts it on cooldown for 20 seconds. shrug.

For people who cant do it now just come back later at lvl 120 and one shot it

Deleted
    Inb4 post reset ''LFM NH nm zerg AP/Leg farm zerg. Description : must have 7.2 appearance or get back in to LFR git gud nub''.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    For people who cant do it now just come back later at lvl 120 and one shot it
    I hope these willl be Legion unique. It better be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Highlord Kruul is throwing me for a loop. It just randomly changes.
    I've been doing it for a while. Best i've done is getting Variss to about 60% as a Ilvl 892 Prot Warrior. All of his mechanics are his hard hitting cast, Drain Life, Eyes, Infernos, Wraiths. He uses his ability is random orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I cast polymorph, target was immune. Special debuff puts it on cooldown for 20 seconds. shrug.
    To be fair, seeing the amount of health they have and that each damage is copied to council member, i would guess that you need to cleave as much as you possibly can, utilizing hard hitting abilities like the mark to hit all 3 targets and probably spam AE instead of AB (with perk that further boosts AE damage). Speccing into ABarr cleave talent would also help.
    Can't try it myself yet, but it doesn't seem to have huge "gear gate".

The worst thing i can think of being "gear gate" are berserk (when you literally can't stall a fight to replenish resources by kiting) and, well, truck-like-hitting mobs that are meant to be tanked, aka "i have 2 mil health now, this mob hits for 700k, i am meant to have 22 mil health, so it's impossible for me to kill this mob"
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-04-03 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    I hope these willl be Legion unique. It better be.
    It's an artifact skin, you can't get a transmogable version after legion, but if you get it beforehand it becomes transmogable.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Tabulate gear window size and specs plz
    From what I saw, guardian druids have it enormously easier than prot warriors, for example. I think we will have a full table in a week or so. Want to bet that some specs will not be able to beat the encounter at all, and the difficulty will vary wildly from spec to spec?