Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BM Mage Tower Scenario

As soon as I pull the first mob I die in about 3 seconds to "Gas Cloud" that deals 30% of my max health as damage every 1 second. There is nothing visible that I am standing, either in the air or a ground target indicator. I am standing just barely inside the door from the main entrance, I attack the worm in the water and I'm almost instantly dead with no indication that I'm standing in something I can move out of or avoid.

Edit:

I really am thinking it's bugged because it also says it's the final stage, as if it's starting me at the wrong point in the scenario even.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-03 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's a single fight for everyone I think
    Even still I'm getting killed by Gas Cloud that is not visible in either the air or on the ground. I have found that if you keep running after you enter the room that invisible gas cloud doesn't hit you, so it seems to be limited to the near the door. And the fact that it's invisible means it is bugged.

After you kill the worm he will drop spikes from the ceiling in a cross shape that show up as a ground indicator of green swirls on the ground. Even being outside of the swirls, but within a couple of yards of them, will result in an instant death when they drop. He also summons two eggs that hatch small adds that spray crap at you. Haven't made it past that yet as he is capable of 1 shotting your pet, which seems insane for a BM scenario. I even have the legendary ring giving my pet all the passives from all the specs, so it's tougher than normal.

Doesn't seem like gear is going to matter at all, since anything you die to is a 1 shot mechanic anyways. It's going to be about learning all the mechanics and never making a single mistake.

Edit:

And now on 3 different attempts my pet has bugged out and won't auto cast his taunt (Yes it was toggled on and I even toggled it on and off trying to fix it). Also had 1 attempt where the worm was evading. Bugs out the ass right now.

Edit 2: The worm has a shell on him reducing damage taken by 90%, getting the spikes to drop on him removes stacks of that shell. First couple of attempts he didn't have that shell at all and I killed him right away, and just had the main boss to deal with.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-03 at 08:32 AM.

You need to interupt his felburst thats what is one shotting you or your pet. You can alternate between counter shot and intimidation.

He will summon a totem with 1 health that has 100 yard range that will stun you and result in your death. Absolutely needs to be killed!

When he burrows stand near the fallen rocks so the worm runs into them. This will remove one stack of his damage taken reduction buff.

Standing on the stone bridge and casting KC to start the fight will 1 shot the shaman you will immediately start taking posion gas damage and so will need to turtle and get back on land. The worm will then spam you to death so dosnt seem a viable strat.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    You need to interupt his felburst thats what is one shotting you or your pet. You can alternate between counter shot and intimidation.

He will summon a totem with 1 health that has 100 yard range that will stun you and result in your death. Absolutely needs to be killed!

When he burrows stand near the fallen rocks so the worm runs into them. This will remove one stack of his damage taken reduction buff.

Standing on the stone bridge and casting KC to start the fight will 1 shot the shaman you will immediately start taking posion gas damage and so will need to turtle and get back on land. The worm will then spam you to death so dosnt seem a viable strat.
    The bit with the totem helps, but I am not standing on any bridge when I am getting killed by the gas. I am 100% inside the room and on the main platform. The Turtle does nothing to stop the gas. If I run into the room without stopping, and run at least up to where the worm is I don't take damage from the gas. I am still running into a bug where the worm takes damage at the start and dies pretty quick. Which is a bug in my favor obviously, but I haven't survived the remainder of the fight to take advantage of it.

Thank you for the tip on Intimidation, I normally don't take it since it never usually works on the mobs you need it to, but if it works on this guy as a second interrupt to stop his Felburst, that will help alot. My pet not auto casting his taunt his been my biggest issue so far. I've run into that problem on occasion over the years, but it's happening about every 2nd or 3rd attempt, and I've tried more than 1 pet even. So there is obviously something going on with the scenario causing the problem.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-03 at 08:50 AM.

you can also frost trap as a 3rd interupt

if the pet dies taunt will not work which has been getting me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    you can also frost trap as a 3rd interupt

if the pet dies taunt will not work which has been getting me killed.
    This has been happening on pull too, but yeah after the pet dies is when it happens the most. It shouldn't happen at all though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    And now on 3 different attempts my pet has bugged out and won't auto cast his taunt (Yes it was toggled on and I even toggled it on and off trying to fix it). Also had 1 attempt where the worm was evading. Bugs out the ass right now.
    Some mobs/bosses are immune to pet taunts, which means it will not auto-cast.

Deleted
    On a positive note, most classes have boring skins, except for maybe druids.

Currently the scenario was bugged and easy to complete if time consuming.
    Requirements: 2 healing legendaries. Prydaz, Roots, Voodoo mask.I used Prydaz/Roots and feels thats the safest combo. Roots alone might work too if you can focus perfectly for 20 minutes.
    how to:
    1) Stand on bridge facing away from the mobs. Kill Command the Tauren Mob. he should die immediately.
    2) quickly get off bridge before you die
    3) Survive indefinitely vs the enraged worm who is taking 90% less dmg and dealing 100% extra dmg by using healing legendaries + interrupting every other cast or so with some combination of freezing trap and intimidation/wyvern sting
    4) whittle away his hp.
    5) profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since you speak about invisible gas cloud, did you try to Flare it?

Deleted

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Since you speak about invisible gas cloud, did you try to Flare it?
    Owned you are not hunter

So, just completed this after attempting it literally all night.

Both the tauren and worm have an enrage mechanic(+150% DMG) when one dies, if you kill the tauren you will most likely die to the worm's periodic aoe unless you have healing/sustain legendaries, so you need to kill it first or at the same time as the tauren. Problem is the armor stacks, which prolong the fight. DPS the tauren while avoiding green crosses and interrupting his casts, I used freezing trap and counter shot to do this, and had intimidation as a backup in case things went bad, both set up to cast on my focus. Try to get the timing/rhythm of these casts down, he will cast it once, then do his earthquake when the worm dissapears, then casts it again while you are dealing with that, and repeat when the worm comes back up. It will one shot your pet/you, it must be interrupted, or turtled if its on you, it wrecked my pet even in tenacity, but you want him in ferocity for the dps, and nothing else hurts him that a mend pet can't fix.

The earthquake drops three stalactites down, don't let them hit you (you can stand on them after they have fallen). Worm will circle the area as a visible dust cloud, then pop out and wiggle around. After he does this, he will head straight for/through where you are standing, position yourself so he runs into a stalactite, optimally 2 (green cross loves to come up right as this happens just to mess with your positioning). The worm can hurt you doing this, so you need to move out of the way right as he starts moving towards you. He will do this charge 2 times iirc, so try to get a 2 stalactite hit in if you can to hasten his loss of armor.

There will be an increasing number of eggs that spawn during earthquake as well, if left alone they will hatch a small worm with the same % of health the egg had that will spew avoidable poison blobs at your position. cleave them down. Tauren will also summon a totem with little health that will stun you, must be killed, has 1 hp, and a visible tiny green circle on the ground before it spawns.

So while you whittle down the tauren, eventually the worm will have his armor gone (tauren for me was about half-ish health, similar number healthwise to the worms), so now you want to start focusing/cleaving the worm whenever it is up, in order to kill it before the tauren. Go back to hitting the tauren when worm burrows, but make sure you end up killing the worm first, the tauren doesn't really do any direct damage other than his cast so the damage buff to him is negligible.

I recommend setting tauren as your focus, maybe making a very visible weakaura showing his cast in case you are targeting a worm or egg, etc. one thing to note here is that pet taunts do not work, though your pet should hold aggro due to doing more dps than you, however, feign death will NOT drop your aggro, so if your pet does die, you can rez him mid fight, but depending on the length of the fight it may take awhile before he eventually pulls the tauren back off of you. This is bad, and hard to survive (wtb mend self), so do not let him get any of those casts off, ever.

Good luck, it's a great challenge.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2017-04-03 at 04:24 PM.

Has anyone tried using the direhorn spell reflect on the cast?
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2017-04-03 at 04:48 PM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post

Grats on a nice xmog and posting! very helpful. I kept wondering why the worm HP wasn't whittling down after 1-shotting tuarag. Good to know about this and knowing we don't have to kite shit across so long pet can hold threat. i have the apex claw so was planning to use that + prydaz and a spirit beast for the heals. KC heals are abysmal at best.

1. Did you use drums at all?
    2. is tar trap needed to slow the worm down anytime? Might be needed to slow tuarag if pet dies and you are rezzing him but apart from that?

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post

Both the tauren and worm have an enrage mechanic(+150% DMG) when one dies, if you kill the tauren you will most likely die to the worm's periodic aoe unless you have healing/sustain legendaries, so you need to kill it first or at the same time as the tauren. Problem is the armor stacks, which prolong the fight. DPS the tauren while avoiding green crosses and interrupting his casts, I used freezing trap and counter shot to do this, and had intimidation as a backup in case things went bad, both set up to cast on my focus. Try to get the timing/rhythm of these casts down, he will cast it once, then do his earthquake when the worm dissapears, then casts it again while you are dealing with that, and repeat when the worm comes back up. It will one shot your pet/you, it must be interrupted, or turtled if its on you, it wrecked my pet even in tenacity, but you want him in ferocity for the dps, and nothing else hurts him that a mend pet can't fix.

The earthquake drops three stalactites down, don't let them hit you (you can stand on them after they have fallen). Worm will circle the area as a visible dust cloud, then pop out and wiggle around. After he does this, he will head straight for/through where you are standing, position yourself so he runs into a stalactite, optimally 2 (green cross loves to come up right as this happens just to mess with your positioning). The worm can hurt you doing this, so you need to move out of the way right as he starts moving towards you. He will do this charge 2 times iirc, so try to get a 2 stalactite hit in if you can to hasten his loss of armor.

There will be an increasing number of eggs that spawn during earthquake as well, if left alone they will hatch a small worm with the same % of health the egg had that will spew avoidable poison blobs at your position. cleave them down. Tauren will also summon a totem with little health that will stun you, must be killed, has 1 hp, and a visible tiny green circle on the ground before it spawns.

So while you whittle down the tauren, eventually the worm will have his armor gone (tauren for me was about half-ish health, similar number healthwise to the worms), so now you want to start focusing/cleaving the worm whenever it is up, in order to kill it before the tauren. Go back to hitting the tauren when worm burrows, but make sure you end up killing the worm first, the tauren doesn't really do any direct damage other than his cast so the damage buff to him is negligible.

I recommend setting tauren as your focus, maybe making a very visible weakaura showing his cast in case you are targeting a worm or egg, etc. one thing to note here is that pet taunts do not work, though your pet should hold aggro due to doing more dps than you, however, feign death will NOT drop your aggro, so if your pet does die, you can rez him mid fight, but depending on the length of the fight it may take awhile before he eventually pulls the tauren back off of you. This is bad, and hard to survive (wtb mend self), so do not let him get any of those casts off, ever.

Good luck, it's a great challenge.
    Does anyone have a WA for the cast that needs to be interrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Does anyone have a WA for the cast that needs to be interrupted?
    Made a quick WA for Bloodtotem's cast. Must have him focused to work.

https://wago.io/NkpASYo2z

When I did it I actually didn't interrupt every cast he does, I interrupted one then MD'd my pet for the damage reduction trait for the second with a pet in tenacity. This allowed me to trap/stun the worm to cut down on its sonic screams to reduce overall damage, which could help people getting killed by the worm if they don't have decent healing legendaries as it does put out a decent amont of damage.

Edit: fixed some spelling issues from auto correct

Did anyone try trapping the tauren and leaving him trapped for the majority of the fight? If DMG buff on him is mostly negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Did anyone try trapping the tauren and leaving him trapped for the majority of the fight? If DMG buff on him is mostly negligible.
    The trap on him works like he's a pvp target, so it doesn't last too long

Didn't not know someone made a thread already, but I made one about what I used and tips for completing it. As far as the gas cloud, it's at the tunnel entrance and starts at the bridge, it's a way to keep you in the center area. Thread I made is Artifact Challenge Appearance Tips & Advice.