Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've got a feeling this trait is going to get nerfed.

I was checking the logs for Khalvon from <Big Dumb Guild> and it procs a lot.Rough napkin math puts it at a ~50K DPS increase.

Logs for him with the trait e.g. 52 Choas Strike/Annihilations for 123 hits = 18% proc rate. In a few other fights it was proccing at 23%.

Rough napkin math puts it at a ~50K DPS increase.
    18% proc rate. In a few other fights it was proccing at 23%.
    Isn't the proc rate 10%?
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-04-03 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    It's actually a ~31k dps gain for 222 (sims)
    That's gonna depend on your gear, I sim a ~45k dps gain.

The actual hard number for DPS gain depends on talents, target count and fight duration too but that won't make it proc more often
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-04-03 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Isn't the proc rate 10%?
    Correct however it can proc off the bonus proc. I imagine it also takes each hit (1 cast = 2 hits) as 2 separate chances to proc.

Think of it as - CS has a 10% chance to deal 200% damage, 1% chance to deal 300% damage, 0.1% chance to do 400% damage. But if 1 cast hits twice and has 2 chances to proc it's beneficial as it's got more chance to proc.

Thinking about it, it's probably not too far out of line actually (~5% dps increase). e.g. compared to balance druid (+6% damage done with 15 sec ramp up time).
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2017-04-03 at 05:02 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't look into it but...
    How is chaos cleave designed?
    Is it a separate effect "chaos cleave", or "chaos strike*0.1"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Didn't look into it but...
    How is chaos cleave designed?
    Is it a separate effect "chaos cleave", or "chaos strike*0.1"?
    What do you mean?

If Chaos Strike does 100k damage, Chaos Cleave does 10k damage to all close targets, including the main one.

It's a different skill, its not a "new" Chaos Strike that can proc Chaotic Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    What do you mean?

If Chaos Strike does 100k damage, Chaos Cleave does 10k damage to all close targets, including the main one.

It's a different skill, its not a "new" Chaos Strike that can proc Chaotic Onslaught.
    he is asking if this talant procs chaos cleave "cleave" making the talant a bit better.

even if it does its only 1% extra cleave (10% of 10%) and with t20 you wont use anything but first blood anyways.

Deleted
    imagin jacin procc+bell+CO procc+foci mastery procc in opener

how do you guys track the proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Will it be worth dropping jacins for t19 2pc when we have 4pc t20?

Also is bloodlet better than first blood with bracers?
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2017-04-05 at 06:51 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Will it be worth dropping jacins for t19 2pc when we have 4pc t20?

Also is bloodlet better than first blood with bracers?
    1. No one knows yet

2. On any fight where there is 2+ targets yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noan View Post
    Didn't Blizzard nerf this kind of mechanic back in Vanilla? Might have been an oversight and we'll probably get nerfed in 7.2.5 =\
    No...they nerfed RECKONING in Vanilla which was a paladin being attacked and dropping multiple hits in 1 melee from the "RECKONING BOMB" Windfury Weapon was like this til WOTLK, Sword spec was like this til the talent was removed completely. However in Cata the low level weapon enchant windsong or w/e could proc off Melee's from both hands, magic damage, and bleeds. I.e a Feral could keep it up insanely longer than its proc chance.

Now, the actual likelihood of it being way overkill like that is so low that it'd be probably talked up and front page everywhere if someone ever pulled even 15% of a bosses health in 1 button press, from procs of course, and current content w/o some crazy nuke mechanic, Dantillionax or w/e in BRH for example. However, these types of mechanics have always been fun for the user when you see the multiple hits, and in some cases left untouched or working as intended.

If it is in fact op, Im sure it will be nerfed, or if other classes aren't comparing properly it'll get hit. Which I never understood, personally a lot of cases people complain about 1 thing when they mean to say, "My class needs some attention" or even just "This build isn't right" so then what is seen as an "overperformer" is nerfed because its far less work to fix 1 thing, than tuned everything else to be more comparable.

Tlr
    No sword spec was never actually nerfed it was more or less just removed w/ class changes. The effect of procs causing themself to proc again, has and will always be somewhere in the game and is intended. If it is actually overperforming it will be altered, however we don't have current raid parses or enough players of all classes w/ final traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Chaotic Onslaught: Chaos Strike has a 10% chance to slash an additional time.

From what I'm reading in the Mardum Discord, apparently this mechanic is just like the old sword spec mechanic, where it can proc off itself? And apparently the refund mechanic also works with this, if that third slash crits? Did anyone manage to test and confirm this on the PTR?

If all of this is true... we've gotten the God Proc baked into our spec.
    its not a 3rd slash, its a 10% chance to fire off a whole nother chaos strike/annihilation. its as if you casted it twice (or however many times it procs in a row, i get 3 chaos strikes in a row sometimes, im sure someone has gotten 4) when you only casted it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    how do you guys track the proc?
    there is no proc to track, it just crams another CS into the animation, thats why you spaz out when it happens. No point in tracking it, you wont gain any benefit. I mean if you want to stroke yourself off you can select graphs for the mainhand and offhand hits on chaos strike and then go to casts and filter to chaos strikes, and any block of hits past 2 before another cast is a proc. (this is in warcraftlogs btw).

As far as the proc rate, it procs on cast as far as I am aware. I did a small sample size of a few hundred casts and it came out to aboout 10% by cast not hit.
    Last edited by dark666105; 2017-04-06 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    Do anyone even know if it's more worth to just spam CS now with the 10% proc chance? I mean if you get proc it should be better than Blade Dance overall, so the more CS u spam the more chance you get of getting higher DPS which would be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Do anyone even know if it's more worth to just spam CS now with the 10% proc chance? I mean if you get proc it should be better than Blade Dance overall, so the more CS u spam the more chance you get of getting higher DPS which would be my guess
    20% extra crit on blade dance keeps it as best and t20 will only make it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the damage from this trait show up on the warcraft logs as a different spellid or is it the same as a regular Choas Strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    Does the damage from this trait show up on the warcraft logs as a different spellid or is it the same as a regular Choas Strike?
    It shows up as a regular hit. You can see how many procs you get my comparing your casts to hits.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    its not a 3rd slash, its a 10% chance to fire off a whole nother chaos strike/annihilation. its as if you casted it twice (or however many times it procs in a row, i get 3 chaos strikes in a row sometimes, im sure someone has gotten 4) when you only casted it once.

- - - Updated - - -

there is no proc to track, it just crams another CS into the animation, thats why you spaz out when it happens. No point in tracking it, you wont gain any benefit. I mean if you want to stroke yourself off
    this is not for stroking myself off, its more for understanding how many procs really come out so its easier to see how much benefit it has on real world application.

After using Chaotic Onslaught for a few days, I feel more fury-starved than before. I haven't tried to analyze logs or anything, but it feels to me like the extra Strike is NOT affected by Demon Blades.