Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still waiting for a tank to actually complete it.

Just finished it as an Arcane Mage with an ilvl for 913 equipped the talents i ran were Amp/Slipstream/IF/Resonance/Chrono Shift/ Erosion/ Arcane orb The strat is you keep the two melee people slowed 100% of the time only interrupt after breaking the shield when ever the main enemy isn't cced kite them around the edge of the ring to keep spears out of the middle and arcane explosion spam and arcane missles whenever they're up. IMPORTANT I strongly recommend making a cast at focus macro to polymorph the main guy when she starts to cast Blood of the Father or what ever its called.

The fight lasted 6:05

gyazo dot com/cc69b2626d836382fb0e0cb567c81f11
    Last edited by Faraksisses; 2017-04-03 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added Image

I just can't figure out how to get around this BS mechanic for Tugar (BM Hunter).

http://imgur.com/a/lxHO1

Nothing I've tried to do prevents it's application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
    I just can't figure out how to get around this BS mechanic for Tugar (BM Hunter).

http://imgur.com/a/lxHO1

Nothing I've tried to do prevents it's application.
    Um, you seem to be way out of the fight area.

Just finished the healer challenge as a resto druid. I died on the final enemy but hero NPCs finished him off. I thought it was super fun! Very challenging.

Deleted
    what is this ur talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Um, you seem to be way out of the fight area.
    Yep, you're right....

It only does the gas when you're too far from it, which is rather dumb, since I'm a hunter.

So still no word on whether of not any tank has actually done the tank challenge yet?

I guess all us tanks really need to git gud

Completed all 3 (affliction, destruction, and demonology) challenges. Will post a short guide momentarily.

Writhing-Kil'jaeden(US) for armory proof (finished around 2:30)

Affliction took me 3 tries (difficult to make the tight DPS check in both P1 and P2 if you do not have Sacrolash's ring).
    Destruction took me 6 tries (to be fair I wasn't paying attention, this is by far the easiest of the three).
    Demonology took me 5 tries (most difficult by far).

Please note that the challenges CANNOT be repeated, so I can't exactly recall the names correctly.

Affliction:
    Talents - Malefic Grasp / Contagion / Circle / Sow the Seeds / Burning Rush / GoSup / Soul Conduit
    Pet - Doomguard
    Legendaries - Sacrolash's Dark Strike is pretty much mandatory for this fight. I can only assume the purple puddles on the floor were meant to slow the boss, and they are potentially bugged. As a result, the slow from the ring is necessary unless you can DPS fast enough while kiting perfectly with a combination of Gateway, Demonic Circle, and Burning Rush.

P1: Kite the boss using Burning Rush while maintaining the Corruption slow from Sacrolash's ring. Should the boss melee you, he will one shot you as his stacks get progressively higher. You may also make use of your Doomguard's cripple here to further slow the melee boss.

P2: When the melee boss reaches ~30%, he will become immune and begin regenerating health. During this time, you are able to attack Raest. I suggest using your potion, Drums of Fury, and saving both Soul Shards and Reap stacks for this burst phase. Additionally, three waves of 4 shadow fiends will spawn which you should Seed of Corruption (which will slow them) and use the Soul Flame damage to continue bursting Raest.

P3: When the melee boss returns to full HP, Raest will become immune, and the melee add will begin chasing you again. During this phase there are two extra mechanics in addition to the original phase 1. The first is a portal which MUST be interrupted by your Doomguard and nuked before you are overwhelmed by additional portals or the melee add's speed stacks. I've been informed that these portals can be banished, but I certainly wouldn't take the chance with being overwhelmed by multiple of them being up at once. The second, is a rune on the floor that you must stand on and soak as it expires, otherwise it will spawn a Faceless add which will most certainly one shot you.

P4: Once the melee add reaches 30%, you will be able to attack Raest again for the remainder of the fight. You will get quest completion upon killing Raest, although I did end up killing both in the end. I suggest nuking Raest while continuing to kite the remaining adds and nuking any portals which spawn.

Destruction:
    Talents - Backdraft / Reverse Entropy / Mortal Coil / Fire and Brimestone / Demon Skin / Grimoire of Supremacy / Wreak Havoc
    Pet - Doomguard
    Legendaries - None mandatory.

P1: The boss' casted spell will simply one shot you. This cast should be interrupted by your Doomguard silence. If this is not up, use either Mortal Coil, or a well timed Fear to stop the cast. You should Havoc the wyrm boss, but it is not necessary.

P2: The boss must continue to be interrupted during this phase. Use Fire and Brimstone (or Havoc) to destroy the eggs and totems which the boss spawns around him. Standing under the patches will cause the wyrm boss to lose his 9 stacks of reduced damage throughout the fight.

Once the actual boss dies, the wyrm will enrage, but you should be perfectly fine with Demon Skin. Save any remaining defensive or offensive skills if you find yourself having difficulties here, this fight has no important burst windows, and is a continuous repeat of P1 and P2.

Demonology:
    Talents - Demonic Calling / Improved Dreadstalkers / Demonic Circle / Power Trip / Demon Skin / Grimoire of Suipremacy / Summon Darkglare
    Pet - Doomguard
    Legendaries - None mandatory.

This fight has no phases, just a large number of mechanics which must be managed correctly in order to succeed.

Main Boss: Will begin channeling an AoE ability that will kill you almost immediately. You MUST crowd control her either by fear or stun to stop this damage. She will also throw spears which create pools of fel on the ground, but these can be ignored.

Axe-Thrower: Will begin fixating on you and will melee you for extreme amounts of damage, do not let him get close during this ability. He will also begin channeling a whirlwind which will pull you in and kill you very quickly, you must run out of range of this.

Caster: Will begin channeling a spell which cannot be interrupted until you break her damage shield (save TKC for breaking this shield). You must interrupt this ability.

General fight mechanics: 3 runes will spawn on the floor in varying sizes that must be ran over to negate. Prioritize running over the smaller ones as they will expire first and do massive damage. Additionally, a wall of Valkyrs will spawn in a random direction around the arena, stand where the gap is to avoid damage. Small glowing golden orbs will spawn around the area which will give you free health and can be used should you accidentally miss a mechanic. The main difficutly of this fight is that many mechanics overlap or time to be one after another. There are no important DPS checks or burn windows, this fight is simply attrition. After a certain number of mechanics have been dealt with, the bosses will no longer cast special abilities aside from the caster's shield and ability which must be interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    So still no word on whether of not any tank has actually done the tank challenge yet?

I know some guardians in discord are saying they're getting to phase 2 but it seems silly to make it a dps check as well. Just like I was "wtf" when I went to empower my Resto artifact and you don't even heal in the scenario.

10+ Year Old Account

Or they are too busy actually doing challenge instead of whining on forums. Seriously, you just sit there and demands someone else to do something and report back to you, go into a druid discord server and ask around
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    What the fuck, all three specs.
    0.o

Mad props to you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again this thing is balanced for ToS
    and did not get tested on the PTR so strats for it do not exist

SO mythic world first guilds may get it, but other then that people will have to wait.
    blizz said themselves, only a tiny few people would get it before ToS comes out
    your autism triggers me

Quote Originally Posted by Writhing View Post
    Completed all 3 (affliction, destruction, and demonology) challenges. Will post a short guide momentarily.

Writhing-Kil'jaeden(US) for armory proof (finished around 2:30)
    ilvl 917 for those wondering.

I finished the Mistweaver healing challenge, the first stage is definitely the hardest so if you are having trouble there don't give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareG9 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned Unholy yet, but it took me 2 attempts to get it. You only need to know one thing, take advantage of the many imps and kill them to proc Dark Succor and heal yourself to full over and over.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...317_050439.jpg
    Oh god, this is by far the best looking Unholy artifact skin so far. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I know some guardians in discord are saying they're getting to phase 2 but it seems silly to make it a dps check as well. Just like I was "wtf" when I went to empower my Resto artifact and you don't even heal in the scenario.
    The tank challenges feel like they weren't designed for tanking at all.

Deleted
    The tank challenges feel like they weren't designed for tanking at all.
    Doing DPS has always been important part of tanking

Deleted
    If the healing scenario gives you useless NPC's that get 2-3 shot how is gear even gonna help lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Doing DPS has always been important part of tanking
    Lies, tanks only need to worry about threat.
    AND if a lousy DPS overaggroes, that scrub needs to git gud
    If the tank dies, healers need to git gud!
    /s