Thread: Season 10

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantro View Post
    I'm guessing you're playing with a hammerdin. We spawn so many hammers and when they hit a mob they generate a sound so the sound overloads and just actually mutes with only a few random sounds getting through. Drives my friends nuts.
    And there is the issue .. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Having a fair bit of fun this season ( did not play last season ) and the quality of life changes are nice but ...

I would love a new kind of pet, one that picks up death breaths make it so you have to choose what the pet picks up ... could be another that picks up gems and so on.

A option to turn off or tune down allies spell damage .. doing 2-3 hours of 4 man rifts if really eye overload

Also a way to deal with *sound effects overload* due to the issues in above posts

Running Inna generator, i'm like 200 paragon and blasting GR45. I'm at the set dungeon part of the journey and it sucks this much.

For the rest, i plan to do boss mode maybe even tonight so first conquest is done already and the rest (gems and 6xGR55) will just be a matter of farming some stuff out (rolling a DH to try new Shadow and because of shared dex gear).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm a Hammerdine around 350 Paragon. I got every BIS Item except the weapon for the cube. Now I need to improve the stats on my items.

One thing I don't understand is. I can run GR65 solo, but when I go into a group game for GR65 I'm useless. I keep dying. I don't do damage. What is wrong? Do I need much better gear for group play, than for solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    One thing I don't understand is. I can run GR65 solo, but when I go into a group game for GR65 I'm useless. I keep dying. I don't do damage. What is wrong? Do I need much better gear for group play, than for solo?
    Two things.
    - there have been multiple iterations on this, but currently monsters in solo have definitely less hp than in 4man; this due to balance out the synergies (which are way stringer than anything else) and to make solo play more viable (easier to climb up so you can farm a comparable amount of XP). However you should be fine doing the same content you can clear in solo in group with people. Note that the damage that monsters do doesn't change between solo and 4man.
    - if you were in a random party, it's very probable that people don't play well or just have barely the needed gear to push content. There's a lot of people that just join random games hoping for well geared characters to carry them on. Given how you may be geared decently it can not be the same for others, paragon 350 is still low to enter the "speed famring t13 rifts" mode, but people still try their luck in random games.

I usually do everything i need in solo but the few things where having a party makes stuff trivial - like Boss Mode, or farming GR keys later. Don't worry about playing in party until you're with a fixed 4man and you're trying to push higher GRs.

Do the free life items all work together? I am playing HC and I was wondering if the DH passive Awareness, Leoric's Shoulder's, and the DH Chest (name?) would offer me 3 extra lives on their own cool down or when one went on cool down they all stopped working?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Do the free life items all work together? I am playing HC and I was wondering if the DH passive Awareness, Leoric's Shoulder's, and the DH Chest (name?) would offer me 3 extra lives on their own cool down or when one went on cool down they all stopped working?
    They "stack" - meaning that every item will work together with the others independently.
    However it's not a great strategy since "free lives" won't work as good as expected and won't bring back you to full life or similar. They just give you that small timeframe to get an escape route and can proc subsequently meaning you can burn all of them in a row (example with a dot) and then be all alone like before.

All of this while passing over some great items.

Season 10 has come to an end for me. I got greedy attempting GR67 before I was ready and my Demon Hunter is no more, RIP. I had fun playing HC and I may try this again in Season 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Season 10 has come to an end for me. I got greedy attempting GR67 before I was ready and my Demon Hunter is no more, RIP. I had fun playing HC and I may try this again in Season 11.
    I wouldnt have made it past leveling...

Deleted
    Got GR85 on my Wizard, but cant get higher. I still lack attack speed to reliably proc Paralysis/Manald. I can be piling on mobs and not see their health drop and then suddenly they are all dead.

Back to farming better gear drops. I also don't even have an Aether Walker yet, so staying alive outside of Archon is anxiety inducing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone link some started Wizard builds for S10 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

So i am at paragon 560 on my hammerdin and cleared solo Grift 71 ( could likely do 75 with a few tweaks )but losing all motivation to play i kinda want to push this season longer then the past season where i also kinda gave up around paragon 550......

Any idea on how to get new goals that do not require days of mindless grinding to get a feeling of progress ? as this is what is making me feel stuck ... i clear Grifts 65 in 6-7 mins and each gives me 2-3 paragon levels and that's just too slow ..... pushing it to 70 and i get close to 4 paragon levels......but it takes full time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Any idea on how to get new goals that do not require days of mindless grinding to get a feeling of progress ?
    What do you mean by 'new goals'? Have you checked your chapter progress to see what you need to do to get onto the next stage?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Each season I set a goal for myself and work towards it. Generally my interest in the game dies pretty fast after I reach that goal. If your goal was GR70+ solo I can definitely understand where you're coming from. Two things I would advise when playing Diablo; first, stop tracking paragon points. Spend them as you get them but otherwise ignore them. Grinding up a ticker should really not be your focus in my opinion. Secondly and most importantly have FUN. Play the game, slay some demons, try out crazy builds and try for kill streaks, whatever. The moment you start grinding is usually the moment the fun is gone. The paragon points, gem upgrades, gear drops should all be things that you get passively as you run around having fun. If the fun is gone then those other things don't matter anyway.
    For reference my goal this season was to get Solo GR70+ Hardcore. I ended up dying on a GR67 attempt but I will try again next season.

Manald heal is pure disgusting on a wizard, I don't want to know what was in the team might when they create the ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Para 547, only found 1 gift so far. Same every season, takes ages to finally get one, and once I do they'll drop all the time. Ended my last season with quite a stack of them.
    Glad I reached grift 70 tho! (Hammerdin) I was getting grifts STACKED with goats, archers and bogan non stop, wrecking my face all day long haha. The pain was real but I managed! Think I'll go back to T13 speedruns for a while now and pray for some primals, think I'd be stuck at 70/71 for some time with my current gear.

I didn't play Diablo 3 since... season 2 I think? Then I bought PS4 Pro and this week D3 was on sale for 20 euros, got it.

I have to say that I'm having a blast playing it in PS4, it's so fun and the game has improved so much.

Currently experimenting with a HC Barbarian, only parangon 30, BTW, can someone explain how the dungeon set system works?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Currently experimenting with a HC Barbarian, only parangon 30, BTW, can someone explain how the dungeon set system works?
    Watch these guides to see what's going on
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6lt092FB7_prOT

I hate set dungeons to a whole degree. Some of them are really streamlined and basically trivial, some are insanely difficult due to mechanichs you have no freaking control on.

I'm stuck at mastering one current season (while i have done most of the later stuff), because Inna pets just like to run around and kill anything that moves by themselves.
    I'll probably just unequip everything but the set and let another pal just jump in and clear stuff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Watch these guides to see what's going on
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6lt092FB7_prOT
    So it's a Dungeon that you have to do with a certain set? But first you have to get all the pieces of the set? And what's the reward?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.