Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I just completed the new scenario for the artifact appearance

It only took me like 5 attempts to figure out the mechanics and execute it with proper talents.

This is challenging ? Maybe depending on your skills. But for a mythic raider that is 8/10 this was done under an hour.

I think blizzard need to push the difficulty a little bit higher for the hard core raiders.

Mechanics :
    - don't get hit by the melee add following you
    - interrupt the add that spawn and cast an aoe that instant kill you
    - go stand on a rune that is cast by the boss, if you dont stand in it an add will spawn with ~ 110m hp
    - aoe down the adds

that is not alot of things going on....

Last edited by zcrooked; 2017-04-03 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    This is challenging ?

Says the 911 guy with 931 weapon

Deleted
    Good job! I agree, this should be challenging! I haven't got the chance to try it out yet, but I hope that It can keep me busy for a while

Deleted
    You are literally on the top end of the gear scale, what were you expecting?

Agatha has 124M hp. Encounter is difficult. Not sure why anyone expected it not to be. It wasn't designed to be completed by everyone. Don't expect to beat this in the first week or ever if you aren't good at your class. It's not game breaking if you don't complete this, it's a transmog skin afterall. After 4 attempts I have got Agatha 35% or so; It's only a matter of time before I beat her

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, they really don't need to tune things around that top 2%. That would be an awful business decision.

Well done! Grats on your cheevo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nah, they really don't need to tune things around that top 2%. That would be an awful business decision.
    It's kind of a graduated challenge. Only the top 2% may get it now, but more will get it as time goes by and we gear up. Let those with mad skills enjoy their moment; they are earning it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

This is too easy. Just make it harder. Casual ppl will do it later with better gear so this content is available to them too, later.

I don't really get the edgelording. This is supposed to be doable in ToS gear. ToS normal gives 905-910. Why is it a shock skilled people can do it at 920+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    This is too easy. Just make it harder. Casual ppl will do it later with better gear so this content is available to them too, later.
    Not really. Casual people won't get it now anyway, but there is no reason to delay it any further than ToS release (which will probably when most of those people will get it).

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Not really. Casual people won't get it now anyway, but there is no reason to delay it any further than ToS release (which will probably when most of those people will get it).
    Basicly anyone can do this "Challenge" with some gear and brain. All it requires playing with 2 hands and to read some crap guide about how to deal damage. There is plenty sites which tell you what talent to choose and how to use your abilites in certain situations. Later the casuals will be able to "zerg" it with better items (even ignore mechanix), but right now, it should be more difficult to give content to the hardcore. If the point at Blizzard was to make some content for hardcore players. If not, Blizz failed us once again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    Later the casuals will be able to "zerg" it with better items (even ignore mechanix), but right now, it should be more difficult to give content to the hardcore. If the point at Blizzard was to make some content for hardcore players. If not, Blizz failed us once again.
    But right now, it is (for the most part) only available to people who raid Nighthold Mythic or at least Heroic, so it's not available to Casuals now anyway? Because that "some gear" is above what Casuals generally have now. What you said is true regardless of if they buff it or not; the vast majority of players will not get them until ToS launches.

Also: I generally do agree that it's good to have a really difficult challenge. That said: As someone said in another thread, if you can complete the challenge, you should do it now. I think once people notice that they won't beat them for now, they likely will stop putting resources into the Mage tower (why would they? There's no incentive to do so if you can't get the appearance, the other towers are much better alternatives then) - so it might take longer to get it up again.

I finished the Enhancement Shaman version of this challenge in about 12 attempts. There's a general consensus that I agree with that for this specific spec, you're gonna want Prydaz, Shaladrassil, or both. Rainfall and Healing Surge just aren't enough to keep yourself going at the 890-900 ilvl range.

Mechanics were cool but it felt weird having the boss hexed the whole time. It also doesn't really test your Shaman skills specifically, it's really more about "do you have the legendaries that make up for your abysmal self-healing?"

Fight was still fun though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    But for a mythic raider that is 8/10 this was done under an hour.
    So, you have the absolute best gear available and wonder why its possible? And you are using one of the scenarios thats on the easier side (you do know that there are different ones and that they ain#t all exactly on the same difficulty?).

Try the BDK challenge with 890 gear, I dare you. You will get utterly destroyed.

Try it as Outlaw.
    /Thread

Wow, that dude doesn't even increase his speed for moonkins, talk about trivial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Wow, that dude doesn't even increase his speed for moonkins, talk about trivial.
    Not if you kill him before his buff stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, you have ilvl above mythic Gul'dan and it still took you 5 tries. I'd say it is challenging.

If you cared about it being challenging you could have just gone in there and learned the encounter yourself rather than watching videos and getting tips from forums like this before heading in there.... Honestly, how many people have gone in there and actually bothered to learn the fight themselves from scratch without doing this ? I would say it's a large minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Man, you have ilvl above mythic Gul'dan and it still took you 5 tries. I'd say it is challenging.
    And no doubt he went in there knowing exactly what he had to do before he even made the 1st pull.

Tbh Balance Druid Challenge is by far one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) challenge, did balance druid and havoc dh challenge with nearly the same gear and havoc took me 8x the time than balance druid, as example as druid the legendaries are completely irrelevant when as havoc dh prydaz makes the fight a lot easier, talked to many other people doing the challenge and it is tuned heavilly different for every class/spec.