Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Cool Homeowner arrested after shooting intruder dead in the shower

Source

BELFAIR, Wash. -- Detectives with the Mason County Sheriff’s Office are investigating after a homeowner shot and killed a home intruder.

CBS affiliate KIRO reports that officials say they arrested the homeowner after he shot an intruder, who was taking a shower.

The intruder, identified as 31-year-old Nathaniel Joseph Rosa from Bothell, was killed, officials say.

The shooting occurred on East Trails Road just after 8 a.m. Saturday.

The Mason County Sheriff’s Office said in a post to Twitter that “there is more to the story”

Authorities say the homeowner was in his house and went to check on the property next to his when the shooting occurred.

Sheriff’s Lieutenant Travis Adams says the man owns both properties and runs a business out of a building on the second property.

When the homeowner arrived on the second property, he found a screen off the window and the door kicked in. The homeowner went in and saw the intruder in the shower.

Detectives say the homeowner went back to his home, got a gun and returned to the other house and shot the intruder multiple times.

He was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder
    I'm all for defending your home but this guy had ample time to call the police, there was no reason to take it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Looks like the dude is being charged with first degree murder

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1st-degr...der-in-shower/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Fanning claims he didn't know the man

http://komonews.com/news/local/man-s...riminal-record

Nathaniel Joseph Rosa - Worked as a special needs teacher, no criminal record, prosecutors say he was at a party 2 doors down at an identical looking house, went out for a walk and got confused about which house the party was at

So good job to all the idiots on here who saying this "criminal scum" deserved it.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-04-06 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm all for defending your home but this guy had ample time to call the police, there was no reason to take it that far.
    Thats going to be the argument against him.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Thats going to be the argument against him.
    your avatar is creepy as hell, reminds me of beetlejuice.

10+ Year Old Account
    your avatar is creepy as hell, reminds me of beetlejuice.
    Zito helped me get a Nintendo Switch and they asked me that If I got one from their help I would add Plague Knight from Shovel Knight to my avatar.

Yeah, it's going to be hard to defend this in court. He left, removing himself from danger... then returned to shoot the guy. I don't have any sympathy for the deceased, but I think a decent prosecutor will get at least manslaughter to stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I definitely agree with defending yourself and your property the smart thing for this guy would have been to grab his weapon and wait in his other house while the police came. As well as making sure he had a good ID on the guy should be run or something.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

My home is my castle, You enter my home not invited, count on the consequences. If it was me, i would make the guy not guilty immediately.

I just hope it was a clean death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    hyuk hyuk hyuk

Deleted
    Another shit head that thinks anyone trespassing on his holy, god-given property, is abandoning all human rights and the owner can do absolutely anything to them.

Rape, murder, flaying alive. All good, after all the intruder was...dare I even say it...TRESPASSING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    My home is my castle, You enter my home not invited, count on the consequences. If it was me, i would make the guy not guilty immediately.
    Me thinks judges have to appear sane though, sorry bud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Second degree? He left, got a gun and went back and shot a (likely)naked man. How much premeditation is needed for it to be first degree?

If I shot some random stranger dead in my shower in this state it wouldn't even make the news.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, was he ever in any danger?
    Well, it's not about actual danger, but the belief one may be in danger. Since the guy was naked in a shower, the expectation of danger was quite low. However, even then, many states do have a "castle doctrine" which means they have far more leeway in protecting their homes. Washington does not have castle doctrine, but they also do nto require an attempt to first retreat. Either way, he left, then came back, so self defense is almost surely off the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Second degree? He left, got a gun and went back and shot a (likely)naked man. How much premeditation is needed for it to be first degree?
    Hard to get a Jury to really go with first degree when you have this circumstance of "HOLY FUCK WHO IS IN MY HOUSE"

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    The naked man having a light skin colour...

I kid, I kid... (just a little tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Does Washington have a castle doctrine? Personally I'd call the cops and make sure he wouldn't go anywhere.
    No, Washington does not have castle doctrine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    That took me waaayy longer than it should have to get that joke.

I need more coffee.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

There's a difference between shooting someone who's destroying your doors and want to hurt you and someone who's taking shower in your property.

This is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh it's a naked guy, let me go get my gun and shoot him. It's premeditated. There is no surprise and no self defense.
    More like "An intruder on my holy grounds! This heresy SHALL NOT STAND!"