Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    And here's a video showing the complete and utter idiocracy of this guy and Stefan Molyneux:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZlBspV2-M
    That video doesn't mention anything about the 4 errors of the IPCC climate sensitivity calculations Monckton explains in his presentation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraxx View Post
    It has actually been peer reviewed in a paper called 'Why models run hot' in a Chinese scientific journal called the Bulletin.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the name of that debunked study?
    Wow one paper, in a questionable journal. Why didn't he submit it to Nature? Oh, it's probably filled with those grant grubbers and millionaire climate change scientists.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You could not be any more vague.
    Huh? What do you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Wow one paper, in a questionable journal. Why didn't he submit it to Nature? Oh, it's probably filled with those grant grubbers and millionaire climate change scientists.
    It's actually a pretty reputable journal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh? What do you mean?
    I get it you didn´t even bother to search for that article, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...come on guys. Donald THE Trump our cheeto god has told us that climate change is not real. It's a conspiracy theory made up by the Chinese for something about business and blah blah blah. The Lord Mockington has about as much credibility as Trump...so there we go....2 unqualified idiots saying it isn't real so it must be so. Amiright? /s

15+ Year Old Account
    How would you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    People keep linking this but there isn't any argument to counter what the Lord says about the 4 IPCC errors of climate sensitivity in his recent presentation (the video I linked at the start).

Eraxx, those are corrections. Your sites tell you that they are not, but those are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And his opinion carries weight because he is a...

Fill in the blank.

Here's his wikipedia article, if you can find something in here other than "upper class twit of the year":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...n_of_Brenchley

He has a BA in Classics and a diploma of journalism. These are technically degrees.
    It doesn't matter what he is or his background, the fact is that he has presented 4 major errors in the IPCC sensitivity calculations, which determine future temperature predictions, and therefore, if AGW is as bad as it's made out to be, and no one seems to be able to refute these errors.

What is true is true, doesn't matter who or what says it...

Why do you think it is bullshit? What is your counter argument?
    Well...
    "While not formally trained in science"
    Dafuq does he know?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Eraxx, those are corrections. Your sites tell you that they are not, but those are.
    What do you mean?

It doesn't matter what he is or his background
    Probably the most important bit though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has actually been peer reviewed in a paper called 'Why models run hot' in a Chinese scientific journal called the Bulletin.
    in the open access section where all you need to publish there is to sign a check for $2,500.
    As for the publication itself, there were glaring mistake confusing forcing and sensitivity.

He ignores yhe positive feedback, which basically assume that rising the temperature of the planet by 1°C triggers a bunch of events that forces the earth out of equilibrium (like increase evaporation rate of the ocean, melting of the ice pole, higher methane and water vapor content in the atmosphere), which leads to an increase in temperature, until equilibrium is reached.

In other words, he lacks proper scientific training to fully grasp the problem, and he endeavors to prove his point rather than let the evidence and calculation make the point themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think it is bullshit? What is your counter argument?
    Christopher Monckton is a British consultant, policy adviser, writer, columnist, and hereditary peer.
    How many of these positions do you think earn him money for denouncing the scientific consent?

Ever occurred to you that he makes a living from that shit, because there are enough simpletons out there that don't have the two brain cells it requires to debunk him..? Yes, only 2 brain cells, it's that obvious.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, and considering the reputations of Monckton and his other scientists whose expertise are not in climate science, it's not valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Well...
    "While not formally trained in science"
    Dafuq does he know?
    Just because he doesn't have a piece of paper saying that he is a scientist doesn't mean that what he says is garbage. What is true is true. Sure, a scientific background would give credibility to his claims, but they woduln't make them true.

10+ Year Old Account
    "So, that's our plan to reduce emissions, lower our impact on the environment, clean up our water supply, and create jobs revitalizing our infrastructure to be more energy-efficient. Any questions?"
    "Yeah, what if we do all this stuff and leave our children a better, greener world but it turns out we did it for no reason?"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Just because he doesn't have a piece of paper saying that he is a scientist doesn't mean that what he says is garbage. What is true is true. Sure, a scientific background would give credibility to his claims, but they woduln't make them true.
    YOU SAY IT YOURSELF: it is not a credible source.
    The chances of him knowing what he's saying is next to zero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How many of these positions do you think earn him money for denouncing the scientific consent?

Ever occurred to you that he makes a living from that shit, because there are enough simpletons out there that don't have the two brain cells it requires to debunk him..? Yes, only 2 brain cells, it's that obvious.
    I am waiting for someone to come along and debunk these 4 errors he has found with the IPCC calculations of climate sensitivity, but no one has been able to do it. Has it occured to you that he could be correct?