Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    It is speculated that the 4 Chaos Daemon armies will be TW:W3, with Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms as DLC. So the real question is, which armies will we see as DLC in TW:W2, other than the Tomb Kings? Those are the last armies for WHF, unless they start digging into older armies like Dogs of War, Sea Elves, Araby, Kislev, etc.

Another question is, will they keep the settlement occupation limitations moving forward? While I'm personally not a huge fan of this it doesn't bother me too much, but if I'm playing Greenskins, why would I want to combine the games if I can't utilize a second continent of content for anything other than causing longer delays between turns due to the added AI factions?
    Estalia, Tilea, Border Princes and Kislev perhaps, also like you said Araby, Nipon and Cathey. Small factions but could get some unique things. Other then that there isnt much more they can add.

Dogs of War would be nice and could add alot of cool units for reqruitment for all factions like the regiments of renown.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think it will be big focus on chaos and the 4 god devotions with armys and of course Daemons in game 3, perhaps also going into the end times with the last part. Well not going over to age of sigmar but just the whole end times part where it's just utter chaos and all races just trying to survive.

My only concern with factions like Estalia, Tilea, Border Princes and Kislev, is that these are all Old World factions. Why would these be released as DLC for the New World?

I guess we'll end up seeing more things like The King and the Warlord, where they add in some new LLs and tweaks to existing factions. If they drop the settlement restrictions, I could see Grom the Paunch getting released as a LL (and with a player behind the helm, he can finally eradicate those pesky Elves).

I can't wait for the new races, I can't imagine them not working great in multiplayer battles. All races have strong magic, strong infantry, strong cavalry, and a whole bunch of monstrous things to throw around. I do hope the dark elves get hydras and other beasts tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent played total war series for years now, and with warhammer there is more race/unit variety than ever. what would be easiest race to start with ? in terms of straight forward leaders (least spellcasting), units, race mechanics and diplomacy ?

also as vampires, what is the difference between recruiting and raising units ?
    sometimes i can raise better units than skeletons/zombies. what affects this ?

With raising troops as the Vampires, whenever there is an epic battle, it leaves more/better corpses that can be raised as better troops.

For the most straightforward, I would say Empire, Greenskins, or Dwarves. If you like shooty armies, the Wood Elves led by Orion is really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    what exactly is an epic battle ? any specific conditions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what exactly is an epic battle ? any specific conditions ?
    More casualties in battle on both sides, the higher tier troops you can recruit. Dont know the exact calculation, but you can see such battlesites on the map as landmarks.

i havent played total war series for years now, and with warhammer there is more race/unit variety than ever. what would be easiest race to start with ? in terms of straight forward leaders (least spellcasting), units, race mechanics and diplomacy ?

also as vampires, what is the difference between recruiting and raising units ?
    sometimes i can raise better units than skeletons/zombies. what affects this ?
    Vamps are slow on the campaign map, they have to corrupt the surrounding lands before they settle them, otherwise they face rebellions and attrition. However other races face attrition and rebelion in corrupted land. You will want to spread corruption and wait for the rebellions to weaken your enemies before you expand.

Combat wise you have no range units meaning you need to quickly break through the enemy line and slaughter their range units otherwise they will shoot you to death.

The easyest race is probably dwarf, they have a powerful economy are great at defending their city's. As soon as you get walls for minor settlements no one can take them.

Army wise they have amazing artilery and range units. The artilary forces enemy armys to run wards you, all you have to do is bunker up with the artilery and blast them to pieces while your missile units turn them to swiss cheese. Dwarfs have exeunt deffensive infintry perfect for holding the line so your artilery and range units can fire safely
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-06 at 08:48 PM.

How do you guys deal with autoresolving? After the initial game phase I find myself quite often overpowering the enemy by insane margins. Usually because I stack 2 armies together for my offensive forces. I mean I could limit myself on the map, but its kinda sad that I have to play the map and agent game worse in order to get some challenging battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    How do you guys deal with autoresolving? After the initial game phase I find myself quite often overpowering the enemy by insane margins. Usually because I stack 2 armies together for my offensive forces. I mean I could limit myself on the map, but its kinda sad that I have to play the map and agent game worse in order to get some challenging battles.
    Auto resolve isn't effected by dificulty so if you are looking for a challenge you shouldent use it at all on higher difficult

10+ Year Old Account
    is something wrong with the optimization of this game ? performance is awfully bad.

i just had a siege battle in undeground scenario and while looking toward the city i had fps drops below 30.
    so before i started fighting i decided to tweak graphic settings. ultimately i lowered everything to low/off and guess what, i still had the same issue !!
    drops below 30 fps on gtx 1070, i5 6600 ?? dafuq is that shit

how are your graphic settings ? do you play on directX 11 or 12(beta) ? i mean, does it make any difference ??

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea, I have a gtx970 and i7-5820K, so with everything at max with dx11 I get between 50-60fps easy even when zoomed in on a big battle

10+ Year Old Account
    what about antialiasing, textures filtering, depth of field, reflections ?

also what effect does 'unlimited video memory' have ?

10+ Year Old Account
    also what effect does 'unlimited video memory' have ?
    When it is unchecked, the game can selectively reduce settings to improve performance when it doesn't think you have enough VRAM to handle it. So leaving it checked ensures the settings you have selected are used, whether your GPU can handle it or not.

Chelly
    is something wrong with the optimization of this game ? performance is awfully bad.

i just had a siege battle in undeground scenario and while looking toward the city i had fps drops below 30.
    so before i started fighting i decided to tweak graphic settings. ultimately i lowered everything to low/off and guess what, i still had the same issue !!
    drops below 30 fps on gtx 1070, i5 6600 ?? dafuq is that shit

how are your graphic settings ? do you play on directX 11 or 12(beta) ? i mean, does it make any difference ??
    Turn off animated portraits, I gained quite a lot of frames by doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    im playing as bretonnia and have incorporated all dukedoms. now my territory is bigger and when i try to cover at least the most vulnerable parts of it with 2-3 (almost full) armies i just cant upkeep them. so its either bankrupcy or getting invaded by enemies. what am i doing wrong ?
    i have decent economy, taxes and no revolts but still cant afford enough defense.

what is the difference between chaos army, wood elves and beastmen dlc ? i mean, the first one is over half the price of 2 latter ones. does it contain less or what ?

and what is the difference between old world edition and regular one ? its quite late to ask this after i bought it, because i fell for the dlc with it which infact are free anyway. yet old world edition is more expensive

lastly blood for the blood god dlc. outrageous srsly. that shit should be free, or actually it shouldnt even be dlc.
    i knew something is odd - lack of blood on the battlefield...

im playing as bretonnia and have incorporated all dukedoms. now my territory is bigger and when i try to cover at least the most vulnerable parts of it with 2-3 (almost full) armies i just cant upkeep them. so its either bankrupcy or getting invaded by enemies. what am i doing wrong ?
    i have decent economy, taxes and no revolts but still cant afford enough defense.

what is the difference between chaos army, wood elves and beastmen dlc ? i mean, the first one is over half the price of 2 latter ones. does it contain less or what ?

and what is the difference between old world edition and regular one ? its quite late to ask this after i bought it, because i fell for the dlc with it which infact are free anyway. yet old world edition is more expensive

lastly blood for the blood god dlc. outrageous srsly. that shit should be free, or actually it shouldnt even be dlc.
    i knew something is odd - lack of blood on the battlefield...
    The Bretonnian starts are harder than others because of how bretonnia plays. If you have too many peasant units it hurts your economy, you can tell if your over cap by looking at the bar at the top of the screne. This means that a good chun kof your armys needs to come from the costly Noble calvary units. however you neeed to make sure you have the proper skills in your lords skill tree, They are vows that massivly reduce the cost of noble units. The vows should be the first thing you can max so you can start fielding effective armys.

Also manage the units you are recruting. Shock calv is good for charging but gets destroyed in long skirmishes. Normal calv is not so good at charging but better in long fights. Questing knights are an excellent cheep unit to use as you main core to send at the enemy frontline while your grail knights charge from the side and the rear.

Grail guardians while expensive are one of your strongest units, they are armored like a tank and shielded with good melee defense meaning they can sit in the middle of a melee slog while grinding through your opponents while your shock calve charges them from behind.

My late game main army had louen 13 grail guardians and 6 hypogryph knights slaughtered 2 mid to high tier chaos army's 2 on 1 that tried to invade.

- - - Updated - - -

You could try and get pissed about the $2 blood dlc but you should know. All of the playable bretonian factions were free downloadable continent along with multiple lords, units, and heroes, and factions, for the other races. Hard to be pissed with them about a $2 dollar dlc

- - - Updated - - -

Whelp just looked at a dev diary troglodons are defiantly going to be in, my hope for Dread Saurian's is slowly dieing.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-07 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Dev diary

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    New Dev diary
    That's the one I was refrencing above. Glad they didn't use mocap on the lizzardmen and instead handcrafted them so they felt less human

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Try playing on Very Hard or even Legendary then if the current difficulty is too easy for you.

Plus, try Radious mod. IMO it makes an already great game even better (and somewhat more difficult). The AI recruits smarter, all factions get a ton of new units, battles last longer because of reworked morale and combat system, ...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=689913357
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/.../?id=693667798
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain