Deleted

Old follower armor pieces are now showing up anymore

Since patch 7.2 it seems that old follower armor items (useable below follower level 850) from the order hall missions are not showing up anymore, and the new ones (usable above level 850) are gated at 850 mission level. On my main, my mission list is full of the new armor items at mission level 850.

This makes catching up with order hall followers kinda annoying, since the only source of follower armor improvements seems to be the research thingy, which 50% of the times rewards hasty boots or stuff like that.

My followers sit at 825 right now, with no way to "gear" them up except to wait for those 2 researches per day and hope to get lucky to get an old +5 follower upgrade so that I can upgrade them to 850.

I think this should be adressed...

Isn't there a vendor in the OH that sales catchup pieces?

I remember getting some new tokens from the world somehow, but i don't remember the source...so while this may be a real problem, it's not impossible to get them to 850.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Isn't there a vendor in the OH that sales catchup pieces?
    Not that I know of, wowhead doesnt show any kind of vendor either

Most classes have an OH upgrade where you can place work orders for follower items. Sadly, Druids, Monks, and Shamans have something inferior (chance to get follower items when completing any mission, but said chance seems rather small).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I remember getting some new tokens from the world somehow, but i don't remember the source...so while this may be a real problem, it's not impossible to get them to 850.
    yeah, you rarely get them from WQ caches, but not regularly. I dont say its impossible, its just very tedious since - as stated - the research thing gives an equipment part about 50% of the time.

So with all my followers at 825, I would need 25 +5 armor sets, and that takes pretty long if you get about 1 per day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Most classes have an OH upgrade where you can place work orders for follower items. Sadly, Druids, Monks, and Shamans have something inferior (chance to get follower items when completing any mission, but said chance seems rather small).
    I know that, but those reward 1 item per 12 hours, and those items are often equipment like hasty boots or something like that.

Deleted
    I remember getting some new tokens from the world somehow, but i don't remember the source
    Emissary caches

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewax View Post
    Since patch 7.2 it seems that old follower armor items (useable below follower level 850) from the order hall missions are not showing up anymore, and the new ones (usable above level 850) are gated at 850 mission level. On my main, my mission list is full of the new armor items at mission level 850.

This makes catching up with order hall followers kinda annoying, since the only source of follower armor improvements seems to be the research thingy, which 50% of the times rewards hasty boots or stuff like that.

My followers sit at 825 right now, with no way to "gear" them up except to wait for those 2 researches per day and hope to get lucky to get an old +5 follower upgrade so that I can upgrade them to 850.

I think this should be adressed...
    I will check when i reach home, but i am pretty sure there are also missions in the class hall for getting the new armor sub 850, in fact i think two alts that finished class hall last week, with followers 750, have done them, but as i said i will check when i reach home.

Deleted
    This happened to me after completing wqs... but way too random and rare. Maybe 2 times something...

10+ Year Old Account
    The change to follower items had slipped by me and I thought just the icon had changed of the follower upgrades vendored off quite a bit because I thought I was all good as my bank is full of the old gear.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with this at all, getting 760 missions for itemlevel tokens even over 850. And the work orders give like 3-4 armor pieces out of 4 since 7.2 raised the cap, I got 4 characters with work orders.

Yes if you gear them unevenly , I got like 860+ missions too but not before putting the itemlevel on them.

My shaman is going much slower due to the silly randomness , and having no work orders.

Old tokens basicly got replaced by the new ones, and new characters still get the new ones at 760 ilevel too..

In fact many missions got shortened a ton in 7.2 as well.

If you get 850 missions with 825 followers, you boosted one level too high, but even then, new 760 missions still spawn for me with full board of 850+.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-04-03 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I don't have a problem with this at all, getting 760 missions for itemlevel tokens even over 850. And the work orders give like 3-4 armor pieces out of 4 since 7.2 raised the cap, I got 4 characters with work orders.

Yes if you gear them unevenly , I got like 860+ missions too but not before putting the itemlevel on them.

My shaman is going much slower due to the silly randomness , and having no work orders.

Old tokens basicly got replaced by the new ones, and new characters still get the new ones at 760 ilevel too..

In fact many missions got shortened a ton in 7.2 as well.

If you get 850 missions with 825 followers, you boosted one level too high, but even then, new 760 missions still spawn for me with full board of 850+.
    I dont get 850 missions, but I see the 850 missions on my main who already maxed them out. I havent gotten an amor set mission in 2-3 days I think, where before the patch there would always be one up when the list got updated. Something seems off.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, you rarely get them from WQ caches, but not regularly. I dont say its impossible, its just very tedious since - as stated - the research thing gives an equipment part about 50% of the time.

So with all my followers at 825, I would need 25 +5 armor sets, and that takes pretty long if you get about 1 per day.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that, but those reward 1 item per 12 hours, and those items are often equipment like hasty boots or something like that.
    Um... I'm fairly certain that I JUST used one of those new pieces on a follower that was around 800...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Um... I'm fairly certain that I JUST used one of those new pieces on a follower that was around 800...
    Same OP probably didn't even attempt it

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yes the new pieces work from 760 to 900.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont get 850 missions, but I see the 850 missions on my main who already maxed them out. I havent gotten an amor set mission in 2-3 days I think, where before the patch there would always be one up when the list got updated. Something seems off.
    Your main should also get increased frequency on armor tokens since followers scale to 900, and you eventually get another one via class hall 7.2 campaign.

7.2 also added a ton of missions in general, maybe you just need to clean up the board a bit, lots of missions seem to only take like 2-5 hours now.