Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You know, something has been bothering me.

They said that it would take half a century to crack a codeset for the Faro robots, right? Wouldn't there still be people alive inside Elysium around that point? I mean, I realize there would be nothing to return TO with the Earth basically being unlivable and destroyed and all but how long did it take GAIA's robots to get to work cleaning that shit up? Is it possible anyone from Elysium survived? Was Elysium even successful what with Faro going rogue, or did he kill more than just the Alphas?

I went scouring through my data files to find any references to Elysium near the end of Project: Zero Dawn and only found one log from Charles Ronson that said anything about it, really. He said Elysium was sealed up, safe and sound. I'm just wondering if anyone could have survived in Elysium and came out when it ran out of resources (they projected 100 years according to one of the audio files with a counselor). Do we have any descendants from "real", original humans that survived on Earth somewhere?

Just a thought as I was desperately looking into some way for the inevitable sequel/DLC to reveal that our knowledge wasn't really lost by Faro being a fuckshit. That there was a backup of Apollo SOMEWHERE or any original humans that managed to pass it down. /shrug
    In a sidequest you go find people that broke out from the Sun Kings prison and one of them is a tribal woman from "far out in the lands nobody goes too", really implying not everyone is a descendant of the area you play in. Stands to reason if they were out surviving that soon after things would be much rougher and so a more aggressive tribal nature would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so after trying to make sense of some of weirder data logs, specifically the ones from the Cradle facilities, the timeline seems to indicate it took around 300 years before the system allowed any children to be sent into the wild. Whether it's because it took that long for Earth to be livable or because that's when the Cradle facility was out of resources and they had no choice I'm not clear on. Damn it I want a sequel like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    http://kotaku.com/horizon-zero-dawn-...hyp-1793570455

Article on the graphics. It's a great engine. It's crazy how far we have gotten tech wise.
    And now Kojima is given the keys to go mental with it, gonna be interesting thats for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    In a sidequest you go find people that broke out from the Sun Kings prison and one of them is a tribal woman from "far out in the lands nobody goes too", really implying not everyone is a descendant of the area you play in. Stands to reason if they were out surviving that soon after things would be much rougher and so a more aggressive tribal nature would make sense.
    Fascinating. Now I need to 100% the game in case any more side quests make any references to the world outside of our area.

Was a great game, wondering if there will be DLC or a Sequel dealing with the after credit scene.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You know, something has been bothering me.

They said that it would take half a century to crack a codeset for the Faro robots, right? Wouldn't there still be people alive inside Elysium around that point?
    I thought they said that it would take 50 yrs to crack the code for ONE type of robot. So with 25 odd types of robot that's around 1250 yrs for all of them
    But I may just be remembering it incorrectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Was a great game, wondering if there will be DLC or a Sequel dealing with the after credit scene.
    An expansion is in development. Given the teases in the game, we are headed to the Forbidden West

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I mean, $$$.

This is the same studio that Sony had them make a shit ton of Killzones, so :P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I mean, $$$.

This is the same studio that Sony had them make a shit ton of Killzones, so :P
    i would rather wait for a full, innovative sequel than have the devs waste time shitting out dlc and slow down a full sequel-or worse make both at the same time so quality suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    I thought they said that it would take 50 yrs to crack the code for ONE type of robot. So with 25 odd types of robot that's around 1250 yrs for all of them
    But I may just be remembering it incorrectly.
    It's 50 years to crack the algorithm that will enable to them to send the shutdown command to any robot using the algorithm. Remember at the time there were only like ~3 Faros robots (Corruptor, Deathbringer, Metal Devil aka Scarab, Khopesh and Horus in FAS lingo) the other animal robots we find in game didn't start turning up until after the shutdown command when GAIA created them to detoxify and rehabilitate the world for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i would rather wait for a full, innovative sequel than have the devs waste time shitting out dlc and slow down a full sequel-or worse make both at the same time so quality suffers.
    If they can keep the quality at the level this game is at, I won't care if it's DLC or a sequel or both...I just want en excuse to keep playing, lol.

Deleted
    If it's like Killzone you will get some actual new stuff but also some experimental stuff with the expansion.

Also a map for the grazer dummies trophy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com...mmy_locations/

If it's like Killzone you will get some actual new stuff but also some experimental stuff with the expansion.

Also a map for the grazer dummies trophy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com...mmy_locations/
    well they have been working with Kojipro for like a year now. I imagine some of that mindset behind the MGSV open world could rub off on them for a Horizon 2.

-and unrelated but still waiting on a switch for zelda i start a new Horizon game on very hard and man this makes me want a setting in Horizon 2 thats way more survival focussed. Maybe make the weather have detrimental effects and you actually need to hunt to eat rather than make upgrades out of meat

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe make rain mean you can't climb....

10+ Year Old Account
    Would've been cool if the weather affected your attacks (which I thought it did at first).

Shock arrows being more effective in rain, fire less effective.
    Fire based machines buffed in hot weather, cold in cold.
    A machines weakness is amplified while its in adverse weather conditions. A fire based machine in cold weather takes x4 (or whatever) damage from frost attacks in the cold.

Come on Guerilla, make it happen next game!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is it with ps4 forcing games to be 30fps...it's painful when you are used to 100+fps :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What the hell is it with ps4 forcing games to be 30fps...it's painful when you are used to 100+fps :/
    Welcome to consoles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah, thats what happens when you have 7 year old architecture ><

Deleted
    The developers chose 30fps. Its not a limitation of the console. Its also certainly not a 7 year old architecture.

IF it were exclusively designed for PC, it would be targeting Intel GPU specs as every single pc exclusive title out now.

Never mind the sales limitations for a high spec game. These games need consoles to get made.

Should be easy to platinum! You get an exclusive theme too.

This game is something alright

So if I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, the game will look like this?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    So if I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, the game will look like this?
    Resolution is a bit spotty in the video....to me, the game looks better than that on PS4 Pro. If you have a 4k TV and you don't have a Pro, you are missing out right now.

This is a screenshot of my game, granted still images don't do it justice:

Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-04-03 at 07:17 PM.
    BAD WOLF