Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Save a Prolonged Power for that part of the fight. At 907 ilvl with Whisper of the Nathrezim, I was easily able to dps through the shield with my basic abilities. Like, I had a good 7 seconds left, so you're probably not far off.

That is the end of the fight mechanics wise, and you probably don't have much health left to go through. Boss dies at 20% so make sure you keep an eye on her health. You may be able to just burst out the boss at that point if she's low.
    Finally did it!

The Armguards of Awe were a godsend during the fight, if ever Divine Shield was on cooldown.

Also switched to Divine Purpose for extra heals with Justicar's Vengeance.

Did they just nerf this? She had 311m hp for me the frist time I entered and now has 264m. Two adds seem to have the same amount of health though.

edit, Nevermind everyone is telling me she had 264 for them. Maybe I had a bugged one for a pull or something.
    Last edited by Toatx; 2017-04-03 at 02:39 PM.

I read somewhere the fight ends at 20%, this is false. I had to kill both guards and get sigrid to 8%. In the final portion the mage add enrages a shit ton but the other don't. Valkyr still come. Could have been bugged for me though idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Toatx View Post
    Did they just nerf this? She had 311m hp for me the frist time I entered and now has 264m. Two adds seem to have the same amount of health though.

edit, Nevermind everyone is telling me she had 264 for them. Maybe I had a bugged one for a pull or something.
    Sigryn definitely has 311m health for me as well.

I think it scales with ilvl. Im 904 and she has a bit less than 300M but another ret from my guild is 908 and the boss has over 300M.

Yeah, seems logic. We won't be able to cheese the mechanics through ilvl. It would help a lot, for sure, but not totally trivialise the event for everyone this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 876 ilvl and she has 264m for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Is anyone else working on Sigryn and having their interrupt not work after they break the shield? I had a few pulls where it was fine and now i can't get any interrupts to work.

edit: : problem solved. i had rebuke as an interupt macro since whenever they gave us rebuke. and with sig as focus for repent...wom womp
    Last edited by Xenocidic; 2017-04-03 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocidic View Post
    Is anyone else working on Sigryn and having their interrupt not work after they break the shield? I had a few pulls where it was fine and now i can't get any interrupts to work.

edit: : problem solved. i had rebuke as an interupt macro since whenever they gave us rebuke. and with sig as focus for repent...wom womp
    Good lord! I had that exact same issue you just had.

Tried interrupting Runeseer, but found I couldn't if I had Sigryn as Focus. Lesson learned, huh?

Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna bother with the other Challenges for paladins. I play Ret pretty religiously, and only have legendaries and other gear for it. Holy and Prot? Not so much.

Ok I just finished completing the challenge. Oh boy I had a blast and it was very challenging even at ilvl 900

What I found best was to keep Sigryn out of the fight as much as possible using repentance. You can use it on her 3 times before she becomes immune due to DR. About 15-18 seconds later you can keep it up.

Also as much as I loved using DH, I found going with a single target build like a few mentioned at the beginning to be much more effective since you are trying to keep Sigryn out as much as possible. So my build was FV, Fires of Justice, Repentance, BOW, JV, DI, and DP. DP with JV is just amazing for sustain cause the health orbs I felt like they stopped dropping half way through the fight which btw took me nearly 10 minutes.

As for legionaries I had quite a few to choose from, I had my BIS CLOAK and BELT but movement is very key on this fight for dodging and stomping on runes. Go with the strides or sephuz (I preferred sephuz for that on demand speed boost)

Good luck everyone, it was fun. once you get used to the patterns it isnt too bad

Just in case anyone wanted a video without Quin over top of it. It is very simple once you interrupt properly, move properly, and keep track of which abilities are being cast so you don't react to the wrong one. You also need to be able to move fast enough, so having both Sephuz and Aggramars are huge. And while it isn't a dps race you need to be able to beat the shield that is spammed at the end of the fight while also making sure not to get insta gibbed by the valkyrs. So yeah....simple!

Also INSANELY rewarding I felt like a god after doing that.

Just got it. Used Prydaz and the boots. Movement speed is the best stat for this challenge, very important to move quickly. Also used DP and JV, definitely helped on the healing. Also don't be afraid to use flash of light when you need to when there is nothing going on. Try to save shield for the moments where there are runes+fel shield and valks and you feel you can't get it in time. Also, a lot of patience, it's not a hard DPS check, be alert.

/cast [@focus] Repentance

is your friend. Dont forget to put boss on focus, many wipes were because I forgot at the start of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the drums haste stack with the legendary boots by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Do the drums haste stack with the legendary boots by chance?
    Yes, haste from that + crusade (if you are using it for some reason) makes you EXTREMELY fast

10+ Year Old Account

fast movement and awareness of your surroundings is key
    and also repentance

one thing, go get http://www.wowhead.com/g00/item=1422...eltering-flame before going there
    flame thing > take a step > 50% speed buff > run like an idiot for runes

wondering if there are more "clever" items like this... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Btw, someone got timers for skills like Blood of the Father or smthn? I'm a simple man, need to see timers to do things
    Last edited by suzaku0; 2017-04-04 at 12:29 AM.

You can use repentance as an interupt on sigryn aswell, just cast it as soon as she cast the father spell, then you can just go back to dpsing her right away. i just kept them clumpet up close to the middle, aoed them down, stunn on whirlwind, and kite with HoH and divine steed.
    No need to rush dmg anyway, take it easy and do the mechanics and it is quite easy

This scenario was an absolute joke. Very disappointed in how this turned out. It definitely should have been a lot harder than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocken View Post
    You can use repentance as an interupt on sigryn aswell, just cast it as soon as she cast the father spell, then you can just go back to dpsing her right away. i just kept them clumpet up close to the middle, aoed them down, stunn on whirlwind, and kite with HoH and divine steed.
    No need to rush dmg anyway, take it easy and do the mechanics and it is quite easy
    Just to clarify, you mean during her cast? She doesn't just recast it in that case (which is how most mobs behave)?