Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not really about "destroying the brand". Remember that since they developed Marvel Studios, Fox is a competitor, a competitor who has exclusive rights to some of their characters for film use. So to avoid giving that competitor any free content, they've shelved any real development or focus for that particular brand. Because anything new they created would be usable by Fox for Fox's profit, at Marvel's expense.

If they've got a new "mutant" superhero concept, it just makes more business sense to call them an "Inhuman" and keep the rights, rather than a "mutant" and be forced into letting Fox use them freely.
    The problem is they are effectively shooting themselves in the foot by destroying some of their most iconic teams. Although it is a sound strategy on paper they seem to be doing more damage to themselves than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are we fighting?

I was just talking about Marvel comics.
    I DON'T KNOW! *breaks something*

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think that's a really long way of saying "I don't mind politics as long as I agree with them."
    I think you should re-read my post, because you're completely wrong.

Let me spell it out for you. I am heavily against Islam as a political ideology. That's one of the strongest political opinions I hold. If there was a TV show that tried to be otherwise entertaining, but also tried to spread a message that Islam is bad, I would hate that show and it would provide zero entertainment to me.

I don't like contemporary politics in fiction. That includes politics that I agree and disagree with.

The intention behind gender/race changing characters was so obviously not due to any genuine artistic inspiration abd very apparently the desire to pander at people who don't even consume their product.

I am glad it backfired at them. Especially when they raised the middle finger at their actual customers.

I haven't read comics since One More Day but my sentiments are with the fans who stuck by even after that colossal failure only to be betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not really about "destroying the brand". Remember that since they developed Marvel Studios, Fox is a competitor, a competitor who has exclusive rights to some of their characters for film use. So to avoid giving that competitor any free content, they've shelved any real development or focus for that particular brand. Because anything new they created would be usable by Fox for Fox's profit, at Marvel's expense.

If they've got a new "mutant" superhero concept, it just makes more business sense to call them an "Inhuman" and keep the rights, rather than a "mutant" and be forced into letting Fox use them freely.
    What I don't get, though, is they lose out on a box office in that case.

Fox doesn't see a dime from merchandise and if movies drive comic sales as well.... But I guess the idea is just wanting the whole pie instead of 3/4 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why does every left winger want comics to show people who disagree with their politics being put up against a wall and shot?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Jesus, that's some ultra cringey shit on that page. 3 edgy 5 me.

Isn't it funny how this works? Girls and women sneered at comic book fans and gamers for decades. Then they, through intersectional bullshit and SJWism, invade these industries via diversity hires and public pressure and try to force nonsense down the throats of these same people. Your comic book heroes that didn't even hint at being gay for decades? Now they're giving the tongue to their boyfriends. Characters re-imagined as another race or the opposite gender. And no one but a relatively small group of psychopaths wanted this. Gaming is going down the same road but doesn't seem to have regressed as far.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Violence is okay if you're a leftist. Just ask Antifa.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was supposed to be a joke to highlight the other poster creating outlandish arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think you should re-read my post, because you're completely wrong.

Let me spell it out for you. I am heavily against Islam as a political ideology. That's one of the strongest political opinions I hold. If there was a TV show that tried to be otherwise entertaining, but also tried to spread a message that Islam is bad, I would hate that show and it would provide zero entertainment to me.

I don't like contemporary politics in fiction. That includes politics that I agree and disagree with.
    Feminism is not contemporary politics. The major feminist movements were about 50 years ago and 100 years ago respectively. You said you wouldn't be interested in plays which are literally hundreds of years old because they have political undertones. You are all over the place on this.

Did you really find the story of Bioshock to be horribly unbearable because it had extremely strong and prominent political undertones?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Isn't it funny how this works? Girls and women sneered at comic book fans and gamers for decades. Then they, through intersectional bullshit and SJWism, invade these industries via diversity hires and public pressure and try to force nonsense down the throats of these same people. Your comic book heroes that didn't even hint at being gay for decades? Now they're giving the tongue to their boyfriends. Characters re-imagined as another race or the opposite gender. And no one but a relatively small group of psychopaths wanted this. Gaming is going down the same road but doesn't seem to have regressed as far.
    Or the comic book industry recognized that they were slowly dying due to their fanbase being so homogenous and insular, so they tried to attract new kinds of fans, who ultimately weren't interested because Marvel and DC have made their universes insanely difficult to get involved in through horrible management of the overall properties.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    This is perfectly highlighting the decay of awareness in marvel comics these days. If this is what makes social justice fucktards feel empowered, then it just gives even more reason to see them as a threat to good writing. This shows comics pandering to these fucking morons, and when the well is run dry, these same morons will not continue to buy comics, and marvel will have already alienated their fans.

About time they got back on the bandwagon of common sense, social justice warriors today are what skinheads and KKK were years ago, using violence to make there 'point' because they have nothing rational to speak of. When you have to resort to violence to try and win a narrative you think is a just cause, then you've fallen off the wagon ages ago.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is perfectly highlighting the decay of awareness in marvel comics these days. If this is what makes social justice fucktards feel empowered, then it just gives even more reason to see them as a threat to good writing. This shows comics pandering to these fucking morons, and when the well is run dry, these same morons will not continue to buy comics, and marvel will have already alienated their fans.

About time they got back on the bandwagon of common sense, social justice warriors today are what skinheads and KKK were years ago, using violence to make there 'point' because they have nothing rational to speak of. When you have to resort to violence to try and win a narrative you think is a just cause, then you've fallen off the wagon ages ago.
    The KKK lynched thousands and thousands of people, often in huge public spectacles where families would picnic and watch. The bodies were then dismembered and the parts handed out as keepsakes.

The fact that you think some leftists saying super mean things to you is comparable demonstrates a profound persecution complex and a total detachment from reality.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    fortunately gaming is a more wide spread industry, while comic books are more contained down to a few companies, the major hitters like DC and Marvel, plus a few sub popular ones.

- - - Updated - - -

The KKK lynched thousands and thousands of people, often in huge public spectacles where families would picnic and watch. The bodies were then dismembered and the parts handed out as keepsakes.

The fact that you think some leftists saying super mean things to you is comparable demonstrates a profound persecution complex and a total detachment from reality.
    yeah, it isn't just what they say.

Ever heard of the slippery slope?

btw, its not what their saying to me, I've been left for years, I'm just not authoritarian left like these fucktards, and i like calling people out on their bullshit.
    #boycottchina

fortunately gaming is a more wide spread industry, while comic books are more contained down to a few companies, the major hitters like DC and Marvel, plus a few sub popular ones.
    Comic books aren't doing poorly. Marvel and DC are having trouble, but lots of very diverse titles from smaller publishers are doing very well. The problem here is the impenetrability of Marvel and DC. It has nothing to do with diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the slippery slope is a logical fallacy. I don't know why you would explicitly cite a logical fallacy as a reason to hold a belief.

Richard Spencer getting punched isn't the same thing as public picnics for lynchings and dismemberment. Again, the fact that you find these things comparable shows either total narcissism on your end, or utter disregard for the humanity of the people who actually suffered under the KKK, or both. You think you are so grand that your hurt feelings is comparable to a black person being dismembered publicly, and then you wonder why people find you questionable.
    -ynnady

btw, its not what their saying to me, I've been left for years, I'm just not authoritarian left like these fucktards.
    1. Extremists on both sides are prone to violence. This isn't surprising.

2. I'm still not sure why people get so bent outta shape about a neo-Nazi getting decked. There was a time in US history when sucker-punching a Nazi would have been greeted with applause and offers of free drinks, but now we've got folks wringing their hands in worry about the poor neo-Nazi's feelings. The "Greatest Generation" that actually fought Nazi's would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    1. Extremists on both sides are prone to violence. This isn't surprising.

2. I'm still not sure why people get so bent outta shape about a neo-Nazi getting decked. There was a time in US history when sucker-punching a Nazi would have been greeted with applause and offers of free drinks, but now we've got folks wringing their hands in worry about the poor neo-Nazi's feelings. The "Greatest Generation" that actually fought Nazi's would be disappointed.
    1. Extremists on the left aren't really prone to violence today. In 2017, the vast majority of the violence is on the right, whether in the form of Islamic extremism or in the form of American right wing extremism. Maybe that will change. In the 60s the left was getting very violent, but that was 50 years ago.

2. Don't tell them that our country fire bombed whole cities to stop Nazis.
    -ynnady

You rely on shit from decades ago.

Who is acting violent nowadays? It's Antifa and other paid goon forces who riot, smash up businesses, swarm individuals and pounce them, etc..

Leftists are the ones acting violent now. You don't bring up a washed up and irrelevent group who lost its power and pretend it matters.

Learn what the fuck is relevent to talk about in regards to today.

Almost like calling everyone a Nazi and attacking them on that unwarranted accusation.

CD sells are down, damn it diversity!

Deleted
    Still waiting for a pink dressed transgender teen wolf vegetarian to play batman. Must please the PC crowd. Although recent trend also require him to be physically handicapped.