Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    When u are too stupid to play u should quit nothing more or less when u are too lazy to play what is pont for u to keep playing game???

This is the first time in WoW's history that I haven't been raiding in a patch. The game takes up way too much time outside of raid hours now. I'd be fine with how it was in vanilla/TBC where you had a decent chunk to do at each new patch/expansion, but after a month or so, it died off. The fact that there is no "stop" anymore is the problem. If you are capped AP in all your weapons, you can still get TF gear out of m+. If you somehow have full BiS gear out of m+, grats, you are done, but I don't know of a single person who has that even today. Farming some mats/pots/rep all has an end to it. You have enough pots for the week or you don't, you have enough mats for crafting or you don't, you have the reps or you don't. All of those have weekly ends that, while long, aren't endless like it is currently.

The AP system is fine by itself, as is the TF/WF out of m+, but together, it makes things so terrible for raiders.

Holy crap, where do they make such retards as the OP? Tell me, cause I definately want to avoid the area. This scaling is just annoying AF for no good reason. No one is bitching about it being too hard. It just serves no purpose and takes away the sense of progression.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-03 at 01:28 AM.

Part of playing an MMO is feeling your toon progress. Item level scaling removes that entirely and they might as well not even hand out any other gear and just have everyone use the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    The bold is completely and utterly false. It is the complete opposite of why it rose to prominence.

And that makes sense, it is an MMO. Where you're supposed to play with others.
    Yes, wow was more solo friendly than other big MMOs of that time, people were complaining in games like Everquest you had to group up to efficiently grind mobs and that was the way to level up, wow allowed you to level through mostly questing except maybe few last levels in vanilla where people preferred to grind mobs in silithus rather than do all these travel between continents back and forth 4 times epic questlines. There were some elite areas you had to group up to farm (like Tyr's Hand in EPL or the gorge at the end of Winterspring), but that was mostly farmed as a form of endgame for drops, it wasn't to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Oh really? Because in those 8 seconds you don't have to use your abilities more intelligently, heal yourself and plan your attack with a little bit of tactical approach?
    On world quest mobs? No not really

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    By your logic, max level raids aren't harder, they just last longer than doing a low level raid at max level, right?

Pure genius.
    If anything raids show you how strong your character is and give you a sense of how powerful people are, unlike world mobs right now.
    Last edited by vevox; 2017-04-03 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Like seriously, is getting the emissary done 3 minutes quicker THAT important?
    Well if you have 5 alts then 3 min per quest kinda adds up...

Nobody cares about your 5 alts.

Everything still dies in half a second anyway. Round up as many mobs as you can see, press 3 AOE buttons, done.

Game could literally not be any easier unless mobs died on sight.

Y'all are crying about nothing at all. Nothing. Mob scaling couldn't be less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I mean I logged in this morning before work and was still killing most mobs in like 3-4 hits. I don't really understand what the big complaint is?
    the big complaint? Its making the gear and the player level worthless. a lvl 101 guy kills the same mob faster than a ilvl 915 lvl 110 char. congratz blizz. Thats what your playerbase wants. a mob that needs 2 globals to kill now needs a 3rd, my farming speed has slowed down by 33 %. Thank u for nerving my char by 33 % in outdoor content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    the big complaint? Its making the gear and the player level worthless. a lvl 101 guy kills the same mob faster than a ilvl 915 lvl 110 char. congratz blizz.
    This was the case since the expansion launched. Low level characters with good gear from Warlords kills mobs faster and easier than Legion characters with bad Legion gear. You only just got to whining about it now?

Speaking of 110 vs 110 only, a good geared 110 will kill things faster than a poor geared 110 now after the changes. On patch launch day the scaling was a little harsh but they hotfixed it in one day and it's fine now.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but large camps of enemies right now feel like only minor inconveniences, rather than the obstacles they used to. It's convenient and great to be able to pull a ton of enemies at once, and to rarely get more mobs than you intended to, but it also means that you never really need to think about how to approach the task.

Basically there's no strategy anymore, and that's something I enjoyed about the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    This is like getting a 20% salary raise and then finding out that every store raised their prices by 20%, man that raise sure felt good
    This is exactly what I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's depressing to see that so many people are actually so dumb they think the minor mob health scaling is actually 'making gear upgrades useless'.

Have you even logged on since the patch?
    They want to level out the player:mob power scaling a bit because players have become so ridiculously powerful compared to mobs that it is detrimental to gameplay. There is no 'power progression' if you're already twoshotting mobs.
    Can you even truly say that you notice a difference any longer? Well, me personally I've stopped noticing how my characters power grows because my usual kill of a mob is an arcane shot, kill command, arcane shot. Had combat actually lasted a little while I'd actually be able to tell the difference. But that stopped around 25 ilvls ago. Now I just get annoyed when I have to cast a third arcane shot.
    Ugh just die already you're not even a threat at i790...

And you complain that Blizzard wants to slow you down?
    It's so ridiculous. It's the equivalent of
    Frostbolt's damage has been increased by 20%.
    Frostbolt's damage has been decreased by 15%.

WHY U HATE FROSTMAGES I R UNSUB (nevermind that Frostbolt is still almost 50% better than previously)
    Same thing is seen in leveling.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-04-03 at 07:34 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    They still need to exclude Legendary Items from the ilevel scaling system because its pure BS that they are included in the scaling even the ones you cannot equip.

Wait - when was this game hard in BC? I just remember it all being gated with gear. Couldn't do tier a without doing tier b and couldn't do tier b without doing tier c.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    They still need to exclude Legendary Items from the ilevel scaling system because its pure BS that they are included in the scaling even the ones you cannot equip.
    The ones you cant equip are not included.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    That's the way progression is supposed to work.
    Indeed. It doesn't mean the content is difficult, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    The ones you cant equip are not included.
    Yes they are, I tested it last night.

This is like getting a 20% salary raise and then finding out that every store raised their prices by 20%, man that raise sure felt good
    Except that the "prices" in WoW don't scale by 20%.

You still get stronger compared to mobs when you obtain new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And you complain that Blizzard wants to slow you down?
    It's so ridiculous. It's the equivalent of
    Frostbolt's damage has been decreased by 15%.

WHY U HATE FROSTMAGES I R UNSUB (nevermind that Frostbolt is still almost 50% better than previously)
    Same thing is seen in leveling.
    I look at it this way - blizzard has botched the scaling at the beginning of an expansion, making player power get too high. Obviously, they can't fix the scaling, so they can make mobs progressively harder instead. The problem has been caused by blizzard and this change is just an ugly band aid.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.