Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    The poll was fine, because the Times didn't control it. I never said anything about the poll - you insinuated that BECAUSE of the poll, Trump supporters actually like/liked the LA Times. Not even remotely true.

Go find anything in those "informative links" actually praising the paper itself.
    Lol. Are you even convincing yourself here?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

It is an editorial. In other words an opinion piece. It really isn't news. Naturally, the "editorial board" is entitled to their opinion as is everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I guess you have to give him credit for going down with the ship. Most of the other Trumpers are suddenly independants or are now telling everyone they voted for Johnson.
    Not everyone that is of voting age voted in America. And I would imagine more than a few of the people that voted for each side actually were voting against the opposition rather than in support of the the candidate they voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have any links to their articles that show them being a liberal cesspool of slop and include misinformation?

Because as of the election, they were the only "mainstream media" outlet that Trump supporters liked. I'm curious as to when this all changed.
    You sure seem to know quite a bit about Trump supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Not everyone that is of voting age voted in America. And I would imagine more than a few of the people that voted for each side actually were voting against the opposition rather than in support of the the candidate they voted for.
    I voted for Trump. It was really a vote against Hillary though. Go through my post history I've made no claims otherwise.

That vote is about to pay off - SCOTUS. Now let's hope Ginsburg "retires." But that would just be a bonus.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is an editorial. In other words an opinion piece. It really isn't news. Naturally, the "editorial board" is entitled to their opinion as is everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference with this and just a regular Allybeboba opinion, is that they have sourced material from Trump himself and his administration. You never dispute those, you just ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The difference with this and just a regular Allybeboba opinion, is that they have sourced material from Trump himself and his administration. You never dispute those, you just ignore them.
    The other difference is the LA Times is considered a MSM "news" outlet. Many ill informed people will think this is real news and not merely an opinion piece.
    One can't blame the LA Times though. They are only pandering to their subscriber base. After all, they do realize who butters their bread when it is all said and done.

15+ Year Old Account
    The other difference is the LA Times is considered a MSM "news" outlet. Many ill informed people will think this is real news and not merely an opinion piece.
    One can't blame the LA Times though. They are only pandering to their subscriber base. After all, they do realize who butters their bread when it is all said and done.
    They aren't pandering to anyone. It's a well-educated opinion with sources, versus your bizarre talk about how your opinion is equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

They aren't pandering to anyone. It's a well-educated opinion with sources, versus your bizarre talk about how your opinion is equivalent.
    Kek.......

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-03 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The word "demagogue" has the same reaction from me as the word "moist".. Such an overused buzzword that has been going around it makes you look like a brainwashed idiot.
    That's exactly what he is though. Trump won by overpromising and playing on people's fears and emotions. He was completely hypocritical on many stances depending on which state he was campaigning in. Buzzword or not, he is a demagogue.

What kind of president continues to campaign after they won the election? Well, a narcissist that's who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That's exactly what he is though. Trump won by overpromising and playing on people's fears and emotions. He was completely hypocritical on many stances depending on which state he was campaigning in. Buzzword or not, he is a demagogue.

What kind of president continues to campaign after they won the election? Well, a narcissist that's who.
    Or, and I'm sure you never considered this because reasons, he wants to keep on touch with his supporters.

A politician is always campaigning. Only a lame duck PotUS stops campaigning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    It's not prejudice. The entire region is unstable and unsafe. These are facts.

Prejudice implies its unreasonable. It's not. The middle east is a shithole and I am all for harder vetting processes.
    No, prejudice implies that you judge something not by what you see, but by what you expect. Banning someone from entering the country without even getting to read their file is a very serious form of prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Or, and I'm sure you never considered this because reasons, he wants to keep on touch with his supporters.
    *shrug* Keep telling yourself that then, it's not my tax money going towards all that.

- - - Updated - - -

A politician is always campaigning. Only a lame duck PotUS stops campaigning.
    Yes, lame ducks like all the founding fathers who focused on making the nation a better place rather than partying with their fan clubs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* Keep telling yourself that then, it's not my tax money going towards all that.
    I mean i know you want to feel like you're right but neither of us actually know the reason or reaaons. Innocent until guilty, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, lame ducks like all the founding fathers who focused on making the nation a better place rather than partying with their fan clubs...
    The founding fathers were not professional politicians either. Times have changed in nearly a quarter of millennium.

After 8 shitty years, it's good to see the media do their job again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    I'm claiming that there is no evidence of any wrongdoing. There is evidence of wrongdoing on the other side, but that's besides the point (See UraniumOne deal).

Sessions is bound by ethical standards to recuse himself of any investigation that involves himself, regardless of how laughable its premise.

My real criticism though is that somehow anyone would look at this whole fiasco and conclude that we need a press that is more aggressive, and less constrained by facts. They're completely off the chain currently.
    What was wrong with the Uranium One deal? You mean the fact that Clinton was one of nine departments that had to OK it? Or the fact that you still think that she profited from it? Here's a hint, SHE DIDN'T. Trump has made that VERY SAME FUCKING CLAIM, and it was false for him and it is false for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Do you know how many voted? It's literally on the drivers license application in California, which we give to illegals now.

The problem is that there's no way to know how many voted. The system is too vulnerable. That's the entire point.
    Yeah, no. Just because they got a driver's license, doesn't mean they got the opportunity to vote. Still doesn't change the fact that it is a lie. How many times can you lie in a single thread? Are we going to go for a record?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Please tell me why you don't find the LA Times to be reputable. I'd love to hear it. I mean, any jackass can say "bluh huh huh this paper sucks" just because they don't agree with everything reported in it, but if someone is going to try to convince me that the LA Times, NY Times, WSJ, or Washington Post is a low quality rag they should at least have a reason.
    I guarantee it has something to do with that they bag on Trump any time they can. If you talk shit about Trump, you are part of the MSM now. Which in turn makes them the "enemy of the people" as coined by Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What's funny is that the media and press are one of he few things that lie more than Donald Trump
    NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they lie. It just means that you are wrong, again. Or should I say still?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have any links to their articles that show them being a liberal cesspool of slop and include misinformation?

Because as of the election, they were the only "mainstream media" outlet that Trump supporters liked. I'm curious as to when this all changed.
    It changed when they weren't literally slobbing the knob of the Cheeto Jesus.

Definitely pandering to their subscriber base.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well you aren't because I didn't ask to be this way.
    Being racist is 100% something you control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox the sox View Post
    Someone being a racist doesn't make them inferior to you though.
    Being morally superior to a racist is possibly the lowest bar you could set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Being racist is 100% something you control.

Being morally superior to a racist is possibly the lowest bar you could set.
    Considering just being white makes you a racist now it doesn't sound like something you can control.