Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Closing the Eye Tips

Frost Death Knight
    You can find a guide here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    Just did this with 904 ilvl FDK. Draylock on Emeriss EU.
    And here's how:
    P1 - I used Prydaz and KJBW. Since you need at least one survivability Leg for this to work, I went for Prydaz over Drapes. It just seemed easier to let it protect me passively, rather than using Drapes at the right time. KJBW was used as an on-demand burst. Food - I used my usual raiding, since I ran out of Bear Tartare. Prolonged power as prepot, but not using during combat. Ancient Healing Potion for very bad situations that can be salvaged. Also consider taking Abomination's Might (credit to @Ashaeron). There seems to be no internal cd and I had several back-to-back stuns on Xylem, basically shutting off his casts entirely.

1st Frost phase - use your usual burst, just don't use Sindragosa's Fury. First Razor Ice will be broken by your BoS. Second can be broken by SF to get out quickly, for the third one I used KJBW. Remember to use Death Strike every opportunity.

1st Arcane phase - DO NOT RUSH YOUR ACTIONS. You have about 5 seconds to kill the first mage. Remember to interrupt his cast so he doesn't push you back. Get your health back up. Once you're full you have 2 options - either Ghost Walk+AMS straight to boss (remember to stay away from clones or you'll get knocked around and die) or move one by one to boss. If you move one by one you have about 25 seconds till the boss instakills you with his cast. Once you're there you can interrupt his first cast, Death Grip out of the second, then dodge the shadow balls. After that point you NEED to have an interrupt available. BE racial comes super handy here. Once he starts Draw Power interrupt it immediately. He'll blink away, which is why it's important to spam Death Strike all the time to keep yourself as close to 100% as possible. After that blink you'll need to interrupt Draw Power at least once more, so you'll have to eat those Arcane Barrages. This is where health potions comes in, as well as IBF+DS.

2nd Arcane Phase - same as 1st, but try to get to the boss with at least 90% hp. Using AMS here is a good idea generally, since you'll be back frost phase now.

2nd Frost Phase - this is it, the last push basically. You'll have to deal with a mix of abilities here. He'll be spamming Frostbolt and locking you into Razor Ice again. Use KJBW to get out. DO NOT USE SF, we'll need it soon enough. Make sure that at this point your Pillar and BoS are not more than 1 minute away. Do not use them either. Survive using all you got, you won't have to worry about hp past Xylem.

At 10% the fight will stop and you'll be dropped out of combat. This is when you put on your usual(max dps) gear on and eat up. Run to the edge of the platform behind the void mob and pre-pot. Once combat starts immediately DG him to the edge and start walking backwards slowly. Use Remorseless Winter right at the start, but do not recast once it's over. DO NOT BLOW YOUR CDs YET. Once the new boss starts his channeling cast run about 40yd away from it (the range of SF). Once the three ads spawn use everything you have. Burn them down quickly, Grip the boss to you, and keep whacking on him. If he channels for the second time use your judgement whether to stay or to run. Remember, that the black aoe under him will kill you in the matter of seconds.

Havoc Demon Hunter
    You can find a guide here. Another video without defensive legendary items can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimus View Post
    Ok so just finished it on a 900 ilvl DH after about a 30 tries. Main thing that kept pooing me up in Xylem's phase was the transition phases. I have found a way without killing any of the images that spawn:

Frost to Arcane phase: Easy, drag boss to the very middle of the room by interrupting his frostbolt. Then when he's stationary, walk around him so you can see the other side of the room. The first 4/5 times he will incase you in the ice, you can read above how to deal with that. The last time he transitions you FIRST see that he's casting ARCANE blast which indicates he's switching phases. Now if your camera is set up correctly you should already see the shimmer of where he's about to go as the visual is easily spottable. As soon as you see it: Double jump + glide half a second + fel rush (x2 or double jump again + fel rush): this should already bring you on top of Xylem.

Arcane to frost: Hard, the problem here is that you can not reposition him. However, what works for me is the following:
    When he's transitioning, which can be seen from the frost bolt cast: pop Blur for the 30% movement speed buff. Then as you do everything to get there asap as soon as you used double fel rush use netherwalk. This will NOT bring you close enough to him, however I could use vengeful retreat while in netherwalk to reach him. If any of you played hunter, just do it as you'd do a targetted disengage. Turn your character around such that the vengeful retreat brings you on top of Xylem.

This way I could get into the last phase consistently and kill it. Do note that you need above 600k sustained dps to kill the last one, as I couldn't kill it in demonic spec. I switched to Chaos Blades single target spec with the double glaives for the consistent slow on the adds that spawn later. The dmg going out, if you do not stand in shit, is very low.

Survival Hunter

Subtlety Rogue

Arms Warrior
    Gokuqt shared a video and some tips for this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuqt
    Frost Phase:
    Talents - Dauntless, Double Time
    - Save Heroic leap to efficiently exit the Razor Ices.
    - Warbreaker + BS works too.

Arcane Phase:
    - Interrupt Xylem to get closer to the middle of the platform.
    - Charge the mirror images until you are able to Heroic Leap to Xylem. Don't expose yourself to their cast while in their bubble.

Phase 3:
    Talents - Sweeping Strikes, Shockwave
    - Keep moving on the outskirts of the platform.
    - Save Warbreaker/Cooldowns/BL for the three adds that spawn.
    - Dont interrupt his cast, just Heroic Leap far away to buy as much time as possible.

I used Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles for self heal in p1/2 but swapped it to Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish for more Add damage in P3.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-13 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    Are we allowed to contribute tips in this thread?
    Sure! Especially welcome when we have none yet.

I assume that druids are tuned accordingly? I mean, putting us with DPS classes <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Odengard View Post
    I assume that druids are tuned accordingly? I mean, putting us with DPS classes <.<
    Tank druids have an other quest , mmo posted it wrong

Last edited by SenpaiDean; 2017-04-18 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Frost DK one doesn't look hard... but in saying that, maybe because I'm seeing someone who's good at the spec playing, bet I'll utterly flop on the fight when EU has the MT up...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    The Frost DK one doesn't look hard... but in saying that, maybe because I'm seeing someone who's good at the spec playing, bet I'll utterly flop on the fight when EU has the MT up...
    I'm getting hit for 1.7M dmg ticks in that scenario as a dk, so i dont know wtf is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I'm getting hit for 1.7M dmg ticks in that scenario as a dk, so i dont know wtf is happening.
    Im having the same issue. Once i get out of the ice, its still ticking 2-3 times, even through turtle. no idea what im doing wrong.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    884 Frost DK.
    It's quite literally impossible because I don't have the right legendaries. I'm really tilted.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's when you're trapped in the ice, it's because you run into the ice.

For Subtlety Rogues:
    You CANNOT cloak the Razor Ice to walk through them.
    as of right now you can cloak it

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    884 Frost DK.
    It's quite literally impossible because I don't have the right legendaries. I'm really tilted.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's when you're trapped in the ice, it's because you run into the ice.
    Yeah, i thought about that, but more than half the time i dont even move, just get damaged by the ice, thats my problem.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i thought about that, but more than half the time i dont even move, just get damaged by the ice, thats my problem.
    It also seems that every encounter has these issues where you're on point where you should be, but you fail. So it's latency as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkarioth View Post
    as of right now you can cloak it
    are you sure? I know you can cloak the aoe, but running into the ice itself was going through cloak this morning.
    edit: just tried it and you're correct. I'll edit it out.
    Last edited by Venarik; 2017-04-04 at 01:03 AM.

are you sure? I know you can cloak the aoe, but running into the ice itself was going through cloak this morning.
    100% sure

/10chars

Deleted
    I dont feel this is very tuned towards sub rogue, 902 here and i can get to his second phase but the second them adds come the class lacks the aoe cc/slows to be able to manage them before they get into the death patch from the boss which i can't follow and just heal the boss

Deleted
    Sub rogues; In short its gonna be tough unless you have Will Of Valeera, Prynaz, Dreadlords Deceit AND Shoulders of the master assassin.
    Don't force yourself into bad situations,
    you have aslong as it takes for the first phase,
    just play it slow, dont take risks. Keep feint up almost all the time for razor ice and arcane room.

For razor ice, Shuriken Storm eviscerate your way out (evis 1hits the walls, and it will regen shadow dance charges for you)
    For the arcane room, you have Cloak and sprint across the room straight to him (1st and 3rd time) 2nd time you will have to slowly bounce your way across.
    The trouble begins in the shadow phase, the dps check on the boss is fairly easy, but the struggle for sub is dealing the 15m to the adds, and unfortunately the almost only way to do this in time is with the Shuriken storm legendary and shoulders as you can swap inbetween the 2 phases, as youll have 30 stacks and sprint up for every set of adds, you can instantly hit them for 2.5m-3m and then just finish them off.

But with current gear, I would say it is literally almost impossible with those legendary combos.

Deleted
    ye i defo agree with what u are saying that its gated a bit by legendary's since i lack the aoe burst. its nice to see its a challenge but feel sub rogue doesn't belong in this boss category.
    Last edited by mmoca5ddef89b7; 2017-04-04 at 02:05 AM.

I completed as 904/905 ilvl sub rogue with Will of Valeera, Prydaz, Denial of the Half Giants and Cinidaria so you don't have to have those legendaries but it does help.

I have to assume that arms is impossible for the moment, i just can't deal enough dmg to the adds before they reach the boss and heal him unless i'm missing something.

Not sure how the frost dk did it, I can't spam DS fast enough to survive razor ice anywhere near as effortlessly. I'm probably missing 10 iLvls, some leggos/makros.