Poll: What Was Your Least Favorite Subject in School? (High school, Middle school, Grade s

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have to go with math. Numbers just hate me lol. It really sucks though because science was always my favorite, but so much math involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I hated English and International relations. I loved math science and history except modern history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Through high school, easily, history class. How many fucking years in a row can they teach, basically, the same thing over and over and over again. From college on, once I start branching out from US and/or history related specifically to western civilization I started finding it more and more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Religious knowledge, art, music. Fucking pointless.
    This! I would pretty much say anything that is useless like these, so that pretty much includes most of art and humanistic subjects such as history or social studies. Sure some basics are necessary, but for crying out loud in middle school they should start cutting on the pointless stuff and be done with it completely in high school.

PE because I was super lazy, though in hindsight it really wasn't bad and was actually pretty fun a lot of the time. I was never a huge fan of English, but it wasn't terrible; I just preferred the math/science classes.

PE is physical education? Sports?

If so, then yes, absolutely that. We mostly did boring garbage like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/n4P5THpVVYs/maxresdefault.jpg

And it got even worse when boys and girls were taught together due to a shortage of teachers.

During one year the shortage was so severe that some random greek guy did the lessons. He would just throw a football into the hall and watch at the sidelines. At this point I loved PE.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-04-04 at 12:31 AM.

Throughout school;history class. I swear I barely learned something in that class. The only reason I took it in IB was for the easy credits.

Geography - 3rd year of high school. Teacher basically made us learn every river, mountain, cave, city, road and any other significant thing in the whole country. And when you are called, she points at a random spot on the map and off you go. When you finish talking about the tourism value for that area/sector she pointed at, after you've named and described everything that exists over there, she points at another spot.

I was close to failing subjects like physics, math, and my primary language (my language subject was on the level of geography I described above), but even those subjects had funny/memorable moments and one or two interesting teachers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely loved history, english and science.

Absolutely abhorred complex math.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

English easily. But more specifically literature. Analyzing allegories and foreshadowing and drawing meanings for author word choice. It's pointless. Grammar is fine, the literature crap is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    What Was Your Least Favorite Subject in School? (High school, Middle school, Grade school)

History class was my least favorite subject in school.
    Really dude? I've had some really fun teachers in history, and I always enjoyed learning about ancient Greece, Egypt, Rome and so on. World wars, Napoleon, Alexander, those are some great stories.
    Or maybe my teachers just knew how to tell them well.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Analyzing allegories and foreshadowing and drawing meanings for author word choice. It's pointless.
    The best thing is when something can be interpreted in different ways, and critics have analyzed it in different ways, but the teachers chose the "right way" and if you suggest something else, you're completely wrong.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-04-04 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely math all the way through high school

10+ Year Old Account
    Mathematics and even still in university. Absolutely bores me to tears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    English easily. But more specifically literature. Analyzing allegories and foreshadowing and drawing meanings for author word choice. It's pointless. Grammar is fine, the literature crap is a waste of time.
    Poem analysis. Made me feel like stabbing my eyes. I love a good quote, but I hate poetry.

Also what I found odd about literature is the 100% focus on fiction. I don't remember non-fiction literature even mentioned at all. Which is rather weird. I hadn't thought of this before, it just appeared to me. o_o
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Muggle Studies was boring. So was Study of Ancient Runes. Loved Apparitions and Care of Magical Creatures both rocked

History.
    Not that I hate history, I just can't memorize shit.
    But I can't say I suffered much because in highschool I was free to not attend a class if I found it better to study on my own.

Fucking sucked at math, loved history and science.

Thanks guys! I really love all this feedback.

And thank you everyone who voted in the poll, you rock! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Geography - 3rd year of high school. Teacher basically made us learn every river, mountain, cave, city, road and any other significant thing in the whole country. And when you are called, she points at a random spot on the map and off you go. When you finish talking about the tourism value for that area/sector she pointed at, after you've named and described everything that exists over there, she points at another spot.

I was close to failing subjects like physics, math, and my primary language (my language subject was on the level of geography I described above), but even those subjects had funny/memorable moments and one or two interesting teachers.
    In High School, I remember I took World Geography which was so ridiculously easy.

Because it was just coloring maps, and just memorizing where all the places in the world are.

Definitely math. Basic math was no problem, it was the more complex stuff I was bad at. Surprised to see people say history. US history was meh, but world history was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

English and history if only because of the dogshit method of teaching I had to endure. You could ruin any subject by forcing rote memorization and offering no opportunity for insight. I guess that's why I hated math the least. It's either right or it's not. Then again, I despised writing out every little fucking step to show my work. I guess it all sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.