Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I'll just say Islam because the Quran is far more despicable than the Bible (which is terrible itself). It should be watered down as Christianity was but that may well be impossible.

[Infracted]
    Uh oh friend, Endus decided you've had too much to think today, better report to your local reprogramming center for progressive re-education.

Violence is okay if you're a leftist. Just ask Antifa.
    Are you seriously complaining about superheroes using violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    About time they got back on the bandwagon of common sense, social justice warriors today are what skinheads and KKK were years ago
    You know who the skinheads and KKK of today are?

Skinheads and the KKK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Uh oh friend, Endus decided you've had too much to think today, better report to your local reprogramming center for progressive re-education.
    Maybe read the forum rules before getting up on your cross there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you seriously complaining about superheroes using violence?

You know who the skinheads and KKK of today are?

Skinheads and the KKK.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe read the forum rules before getting up on your cross there.
    No, I was just noting how leftists feel that violence is an acceptable response to any rhetoric they disagree with. And I guess a superhero is fine for beating someone to death (or near death) for saying something they didn't like, or whatever. Fuck morals that aren't based around a specific ideology.

Both groups are irrelevant, the KKK more than skinheads. Anyone trying to bring them up is desperate. Might as well be calling for those dastardly Satanists to be rounded up.

In any case, Marvel comics have went to shit since One More Day, I don't think they'd be much better even without the obvious and shortsighted pandering.

And I broke a rule, so it's okay.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, I was just noting how leftists feel that violence is an acceptable response to any rhetoric they disagree with. And I guess a superhero is fine for beating someone to death (or near death) for saying something they didn't like, or whatever. Fuck morals that aren't based around a specific ideology.

Both groups are irrelevant, the KKK more than skinheads. Anyone trying to bring them up is desperate. Might as well be calling for those dastardly Satanists to be rounded up.

In any case, Marvel comics have went to shit since One More Day, I don't think they'd be much better even without the obvious and shortsighted pandering.

And I broke a rule, so it's okay.
    what super hero does that? unless your gonna say some one like the punisher who still wouldn't do that is a super hero. please stop before you make your self look more like a fool.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not diversity, the problem is overexposure and market saturation. There are so many comic series and graphic novels, along with good (non-waifu) anime. Then you've got superhero movies coming out one after another non-stop. There were 6 Marvel+DC movies out in 2016. Logan is in theaters now and there are 5 more coming out in 2017. So in a 2 year stretch we will have been averaging a Marvel/DC superhero movie every 60 days. Many of them have been good and they are making money, but at some point they run the risk of milking the cow dry.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    What superhero does that? Unless you're going to say someone like the Punisher who still wouldn't do that is a super hero. Please stop before you make yourself look more like a fool.
    My mistake, it wasn't a superhero who did it directly, but an anti SJW is beaten to death (or near death) in this scan.

7+ Year Old Account
    My mistake, it wasn't a superhero who did it directly, but an anti SJW is beaten to death (or near death) in this scan.

and what is this from? and who's saying its ok?

edit: wait this is from crossed isn't it? if so your a fucking joke crossed is nothing but nudity and gore if you really think any one takes that shit seriously your an even bigger joke then i thought at first.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-04-04 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's from a non-Marvel comic called Crossed, and Crossed is stupidly R-rated on purpose. This panel's actually relatively tame.

Like, I was trying to find another panel to link, but half the ones I would have graphic nudity, rape, or something similarly whackadoodle. I swear the people linking it have no idea what the source material is like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, usually people don't mind seeing this kind of heroes in games/movies/books:

They must have screwed up somewhere else; I doubt the female characters could have this effect.
    I'm all for diversity, so long as I get to see boobies. But then Marvel starts to entrench on what Anime already does so well. When I read a Marvel comic, I want to read something interesting, not something diverse. But if you're going to introduce women, you might as well give them boobies. Would make up for the lack of poor writing.

edit: wait this is from crossed isn't it? if so your a fucking joke crossed is nothing but nudity and gore if you really think any one takes that shit seriously your an even bigger joke then i thought at first.
    Thanks for telling me what it's from, my Google search just sent me to Know Your Meme and Reddit threads talking about SJWs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's from a non-Marvel comic called Crossed, and Crossed is stupidly R-rated on purpose. This panel's actually relatively tame.

Like, I was trying to find another panel to link, but half the ones I would have graphic nudity, rape, or something similarly whackadoodle. I swear the people linking it have no idea what the source material is like.
    ya i remember reading crossed awhile ago when i had nothing better to read its fucking stupid i can't believe any one would try and use it as something to show that sjw's can get away with violence when the whole thing is as you said rape nudity and violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crossed is to comics, what faces of death is to documentaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for telling me what it's from, my Google search just sent me to Know Your Meme and Reddit threads talking about SJWs.
    You can keep looking to show what you are so up in arms about. Am 100% sure you can find it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    read it almost any page of any issue comply discredits your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Crossed is to comics, what faces of death is to documentaries.

- - - Updated - - -

You can keep looking to show what you are so up in arms about. Am 100% sure you can find it...
    this here is the problem people who don't have a clue about comics freaking out about sjw stuff when they don't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Noone is forcing anything down your throats. Riri is not Tony, not by a mile, and she's had 4 issues so far! For gods sake give the comic a chance, it's really not that bad (yes, I read them all). You know what's worse than Riri or She-Thor or whatever? Civil War 2. Arguably one of the worst crossover events in a decade and nothing more than a cheap excuse to allow Disney to make movies that tie into current comics.

Thor did not get "turned into a woman". Someone else was found worthy of Mjölnir and Throw found himself unworthy because he did some dickhole shit. I mean what are comics if they only ever tell the tales of a perfect person? Nobody likes reading about perfect people. Yes, Thor is a person. His rank and position come with being worthy of the hammer, when he isn't, he's just "Thor", another arrogant prick with a weapon. Not like you care for the reasoning anyway, I doubt you read comics, which only demonstrates my point.

Mighty Thor is a different character. Riri Williams won't even call herself Iron Man she's just being introduced in the comic called "Iron Man".

You Anti-SJWs are just as bad as the people you complain about. You don't even partake in the media and culture you bitch about but find plenty of time to bitch about it.
    Yep. I came to the same conclusion, when people first started bitching about diversity in comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a clue for Marvel, stop changing your main characters to other races/genders, keep the characters people love the way they are and BE ORIGINAL! Make a new character for the female heroine lead or a black superhero, or a Latino superhero. STOP SWITCHING WELL ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Here's a clue for Marvel, stop changing your main characters to other races/genders, keep the characters people love the way they are and BE ORIGINAL! Make a new character for the female heroine lead or a black superhero, or a Latino superhero. STOP SWITCHING WELL ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS!
    they have not changed the race or gender of any of there main characters, theses are all new characters how you could not that that at this point baffles me.

Most of the people buying comics have grown attached to their beloved characters. The drastic changes to try and "spin off" some of them into a more diverse group certainly doesn't attract that crowd as heavily, even if they were cool, new, more diverse creations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    No characters have been "changed".

Riri Williams isn't Tony Stark.
    The new Thor isn't the Odinson.
    Miles Morales isn't Peter Parker.

Etc.

Hell, in all three cases, the original is still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diversity for the sake of diversity is bound to fail.

Genuine diversity is seamless, not forced.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No characters have been "changed".

Riri Williams isn't Tony Stark.
    The new Thor isn't the Odinson.
    Miles Morales isn't Peter Parker.

Etc.

Hell, in all three cases, the original is still around.
    Still around, yes, but far from the focus. Makes a big difference.