Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Arrow has slightly redeemed itself compared to the previous 2 seasons though.
    No, it did not.
    Anything and everything regarding Russia, Russian "Bratva", gay vigilantes and gay husbands of overly gay vigilantes , is full of fail.
    Bonus negative points for "Kapyushon".

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    No, it did not.
    Anything and everything regarding Russia, Russian "Bratva", gay vigilantes and gay husbands of overly gay vigilantes , is full of fail.
    Bonus negative points for "Kapyushon".
    I like Arrow this season, but the Prometheus stuff i don't care for. His back story with his motive and training seem rather light. With how fast his training was, him getting a law degree, him getting the job as DA it all seems rushed and not believable at all.

Honestly the plot is nothing more than a rehashed version for Legends S1 where they went to the future and encountered Deathstroke Jr, its same story..

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    This probably doesn't mean anything, but the "I am the future, flash" line did NOT have a comma in the "previously on" segment. Typically, tho, those aren't done by a professional captioning service (which tends to work off the script), so I'm going with it being a mistake.
    Looks more that we'll have Emo Barry not Evil Barry. Besides Kadabra said that he was the first Speedster, and Savitar said that he created himself, if both are telling the truth then Barry doesn't qualify. Unless they're going with the going back in time and becoming the lightning bolt thing, which still doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    well in the comics his mothers death is a central plot that leads to him going to the police, getting hit by lightning and becoming the flash (yes dc loves heroes born out of tragedy...) so if you take that away that be like Thomas and Martha never been killed when Bruce was a kid
    There's a story where Batman saves his parents from being killed while a young Bruce looks on. I believe it's on a different earth. The young Bruce is inspired by what he saw and goes on to become batman anyway. I think the point of the story was that unlike other characters, Bruce Wayne was always supposed to become Bstman.

Man this episode was dumb. I mean seriously the guy uses nano machines to do his tricks? Couldn't they just say he uses magic because at least magic is real while nano machines are just a silly way of explaining things without having to just say it's magic. I mean really, tiny robots created water to drown the guards?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Man this episode was dumb. I mean seriously the guy uses nano machines to do his tricks? Couldn't they just say he uses magic because at least magic is real while nano machines are just a silly way of explaining things without having to just say it's magic. I mean really, tiny robots created water to drown the guards?
    That's how Kadabra is in the comics, too

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't like how they hyped it up like Kadabra was going to reveal who Savitar was... Kind of bummed they're also not coming back for 3 weeks X.X

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    Didn't like how they hyped it up like Kadabra was going to reveal who Savitar was... Kind of bummed they're also not coming back for 3 weeks X.X
    Yea especially when I'm pretty sure they've revealed the villain's identity both of the previous seasons just before the break. Pretty big let down.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Abra Kadabra in the comics is a guy from the 64th century that uses future tech to appear magical. This is the most faithful character they've done. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next episode will be the most interesting one I think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    its feasible if you consider that water is H20 and if you convert the elements in the oxygen we breath and then you change some of the hydrogen elements etc. i can see how tiny nano bots could do this.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Abra Kadabra in the comics is a guy from the 64th century that uses future tech to appear magical. This is the most faithful character they've done. Ever.
    I get that but it's still dumb. I mean in a universe where magic is a thing what is the point of a villain that uses tech so advanced it might as well be magic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that but it's still dumb. I mean in a universe where magic is a thing what is the point of a villain that uses tech so advanced it might as well be magic?
    Because it's cool and people like advanced technology ideas. I mean seriously, seems to be a nitpicky complaint.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because it's cool and people like advanced technology ideas. I mean seriously, seems to be a nitpicky complaint.
    Oh yeah it's definitely just nitpicking. Years of metal gear solid have just caused me to always roll my eyes whenever nano machines are used to explain something impossible.

Because the Flash started as a Science Fiction series. The entire Silver Age started out like that. It's why Green Lantern tended to encounter rando little green men, and why Martian Manhunter exists at all.

Deleted
    I watched all of it in a flash. wow.. sry..

Oh yeah it's definitely just nitpicking. Years of metal gear solid have just caused me to always roll my eyes whenever nano machines are used to explain something impossible.
    The whole premise behind Abra Kadabra is that he always wanted to be a stage magician, but he's from the 64th century, and by that time the tricks 20th century stage magicians pulled off were doable by anyone using off-the-shelf everyday technology. So he travels back in time to our era and uses super science to emulate stage magic. It's never meant to be seen as the same kind of magic that a Constantine or a Zatanna would use, and in fact it's somewhat akin to what Stein and Jax were doing in the Season 2 opener for Legends of Tomorrow (using their knowledge of future events and Jax's smartphone to pose as "wizards").

First look at black lightning and from this promo it definitely looks very arrowversy cw'y.

arrow: street level
    flash: powers
    supergirl: aliems
    legends: time travel/team up
    black lightning: experience? age? hes markedly older than all the other arrowverse heroes (unless you count stein) and hes formerly retired, gives it a much different angle than the others no newbie bullshit, rockin the powers old school

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Is black lightning an older static shock?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Is black lightning an older static shock?
    Na different characters, but it's a possibility we could end up seeing Static on that show since they have teamed up before.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |